News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pixels  (Read 20951 times)

Offline Karrie A

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
Re: Pixels
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 01:19:07 AM »
Where to next? Home, Newfoundland or.....

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 01:31:29 PM »
  Set of Pixels. Adam Sandler, Sean Bean & Brian Cox. Hada great time with these incredible people. 

https://twitter.com/JPR_James/status/507232502747234305/photo/1

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 12:00:25 PM »
  Sean Bean's last shot in Pixels! 

http://iconosquare.com/p/801827096271643994_179110888
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 12:12:02 AM by patch »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2014, 03:18:43 PM »
  Sean Bean's last shot in Pixels! 

http://iconosquare.com/p/801827096271643994_179110888

Last day filming on #pixels #Pixelsmovie A great bar scene with Sean Bean. There's an ink'd up #SEAL in there ;)   
https://twitter.com/BigInkdArcher/status/509428095720632320

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2014, 04:57:44 AM »
Next year, she'll be seen in "Pixels," about video game experts who are recruited by the military to fight 1980s-era video game characters.

"It's a really big commercial comedy," she said of the movie, which co-stars Adam Sandler, Jane Krakowski, KevinJames, Peter Dinklage and Sean Bean. "I had the best time shooting it...It's really a lot of fun...It's a great cast." The film arrives in theaters on July 25, 2015.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michelle-monaghan-on-fort-bliss-true-detective/

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2014, 05:10:28 AM »
The magic cast of Pixels!   

http://iconosquare.com/p/794541912547518346_179110888

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 05:23:10 AM by patch »

Offline Frances

• Super Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 07:17:11 AM »
Very cool pics!!  :mutley:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2014, 01:40:27 PM »
The first Pixels trailer will reportedly be attached to The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies.
The ‘Battle of Five Armies’ will hit theaters on December 17th.  However, if past history is any indication, the Pixels trailer could show up online prior to the 17th.
 According to reports from /Film, Sony thinks they have a hit on their hands with the video game-themed feature film which is why they’re debuting the trailer seven months before the film’s July 7th, 2015 release date.

http://www.videogamefilms.com/first-pixels-trailer-attached-to-the-hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies/#reBRcoAJ1VfimMKr.99

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2014, 03:39:16 PM »
Thanks Patch. I hope this movie will help give Sean some positive attention !! :thumbsup:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2014, 10:16:44 AM »
Pac-Man, Space Invaders, and More Destroy Famous Cities in First PIXELS Posters

Sony Pictures has unveiled the first Pixels posters for director Chris Columbus’ upcoming adventure film, and fans of a few arcade games in particular will recognize the principal characters on display.  The comedy stars Adam Sandler and revolves around a group of 80s arcade game champions who are called upon to help defend Earth from alien invaders who have misinterpreted our classic arcade games as a declaration of war.  Columbus has years of experience in both the comedy (Home Alone) and adventure (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone) realms, and Sandler’s supporting cast is filled out by talented actors like Peter Dinklage, Michelle Monaghan, and Josh Gad, so I’m actually pretty hopeful about how this thing turns out.  This debut poster is a fine start.

http://collider.com/pixels-posters-pac-man/

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2014, 06:00:39 PM »
Thank you Patch for posting this info on Sean's movie !! I just hope this film will NOT get leaked like the
other Sony movie's did !!

:slyfox

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2015, 12:52:59 PM »
Pixels (2015) Movie Review by JWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwLoUL3P0Wk

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2015, 02:52:56 PM »
Apparently in the comments he mentioned that Sean Bean was in 5-10 minutes.  I guess we knew that though considering he was so late on signing on.

Oh well, to be honest, this film had me excited when it was first announced. Sean Bean was just icing on the cake.

Seriously though, he needs lead roles in blockbusters. I'm tired of these tiny roles.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2015, 03:47:29 PM »
He does this 'blink and you'll miss him' roles in order to allow him to take on the indie roles that he really loves. I'm looking forward to this film because of the other actors in it, primarily Peter Dinklage.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2015, 09:28:14 PM »
YES !! Sean has said many times that he likes the scripts and storylines in indie films. They are better than the
BIG BUDGET movies. I think most of us agree with him. However, Sean wants to do more comedy acting
projects so it makes sense that he would want a small part in a film to get the ball rolling for more humorous
roles later. If he's good at it, which I think he will be. There were some funny scenes in SHARPE, and he was
good in those scenes. So he should be good in this movie. Also he may have signed a 2 movie deal with the
director Chris C. for this film and CTLOOE that way he's making a little more money, and the director has a
very talented actor in both movies.

:slyfox

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2015, 04:16:25 AM »
While I do love some of his indie films, it is very rare that he does good ones (in my opinion).
There have been so many films that were simply awful and it seemed like he just did it for the pay cheque.

I miss the Lord of the Rings years and up to 2006, where he had some nicely sized roles on the big screen quite often.
I know blockbusters do not make a movie great, but there is no denying that you can only go so long without seeing the greatest actor ever get spotlight on the big screen :P.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2015, 10:17:13 PM »
Unfortunately, being a FAN of Sean's means your in for a lot of FRUSTATION !!! We all know that he is one of
 the MOST EXTRAORDINARY TALENTED ACTORS in the world today, but he was NOT born or married into a
predominant Hollywood family. So he will have to struggle to get the good roles. So like SHARPE Sean has
come up though the RANKS !! It's would be so much easier to just like the same old celebrities that every body
else likes, but their NOT as TALENTED, or as interesting as Sean is. Also their BORING and I HATE that !!
Because this is UNFAIR it has made me BITTER and ANGRY over the years of being his fan. However, this is
only adding NEGATIVE ENERGY to this plant which can't help anyone !! So I just try to be POSTIVE about all
the GOOD ACTING JOBS Sean has NOW !! He's very busy and he's finally getting some GREAT DIRECTORS to
cast him in their movies !! That's WONDERFUL !! Also we can do our part by promoting him to other people
and talking about him on FACEBOOK. If Sean some day becomes very famous we can all share in his SUCCESS !! Also we can tell every one I TOLD YOU SO !!!

Offline Waverunner

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Beanstalker
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2015, 10:53:02 PM »
Well said lasue. I am with you about "we can do our part by promoting him to other people
and talking about him on FACEBOOK"

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2015, 07:00:00 PM »
Thank you Waverunner !! I always talked to my students about Sean and how very talented he is as an actor,
the more FANS he has the better !! Most directors think about a celebrities fan base when casting a movie. They
know the fans will support their stars and want to see the films their in.

So right now I feel very positive about Sean's acting career he's very busy with 2 TV shows and several movies.
Even if it's a small part he's still in 2 Chis Columbus movies. He's a big director and hopefully this will led to
MORE ROLES for Sean in his films.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2015, 09:25:20 PM »
Speaking of fans I hope there is one scene (in this movie) with Sean's character and Peter D.'s character. That's
what the GOT fans want to see !! :thumbsup: