News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trivia  (Read 10013 times)

Offline carlassean

• Artiste de l'amour
  • Ian's Treasure
  • Tks to luini at lj for avi
    • Carla's Art and sketches
Trivia
« on: April 30, 2007, 05:34:23 PM »
Some general Trivia about Sean- (please move if I have posted in wrong spot!!

In 1996, The Famous Rainbow Recipe Book featured Sean Bean's Complete Sunday Roastor Chicken in Red Pesto Sauce. The book was compiled by Tony Head and Sarah Fisher.

Sean wrote the forward for the book Sheffield United FC: The Biography by Dr. Gary Armstrong.

Sean supports many charities, his favorite being the National Osteoporosis Society.

Sean has narrated several audio books including, King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, Sharpe's Devil by Bernard Cornwell, and The Way it Was by Stanley Matthews.

In the United Kingdom Sean narrates advertisements for O2, Morrisons supermarkets, and the National Blood Service's recent 2006 campaign. He also appeared in a television commerical for Marks & Spencer in 2002.

He was featured in a series of television ads for Johnson & Johnson Acuvue contact lenses as well as a promotional ad for the Sci-Fi television network in the United States.

Sean has a scar over his eye given to him by Harrison Ford while shooting his death scene in Patriot Games. Ford accidentally hit him with a boat hook. In the Sharpe series, this scar was emphasised with makeup to add credibility to his character.

Sean Bean was awarded an Honorary Doctorate degree from Sheffield Hallam University in England in 1997.

In a scene midway through Sharpe's Honour, Sharpe and Marquesa Dorada are galloping down a hill on horseback when they suddenly tumble off the horse and land in the middle of a shallow stream. The scene is real; the horse stumbled as it was crossing the stream, sending Bean and co-star Alice Krige down into the water. Director Tom Clegg liked the scene and kept it for the final cut.

He has a tattoo on his left shoulder that reads "100% Blade" in reference to his support for, and directorship of, Sheffield United. This tattoo is often digitally removed from films or otherwise disguised if the filmmakers feel it doesn't fit his character. For example, in the Sharpe series of films it was disguised as a large, curved scar. His right shoulder has a tattoo of the Elvish word for nine to commemorate playing a member of the Fellowship in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

Sharpe's Challenge is loosely based on the early Sharpe novels, but Sean did not want to play a very young Sharpe so instead the storyline was moved to two years after Waterloo.

In 2002 and 2004, Sean and company were nominated by SAG for Outstanding Performance by the Cast of a Theatrical Motion Picture for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003), respectively; they won the award in 2004. (edit) In 2002, Sean and company won the PFCS Award for Best Acting Ensemble for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001). They were nominated again in 2004 for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003).

In 2003, Sean and company won the NBR Award for Best Acting by an Ensemble for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003). That same year they were also nominated for the DVDX Award for Best Audio Commentary (New for DVD) for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002).

In 2002, Sean was nominated for the Empire Award for Best British Actor
for: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001).

In 2004, Sean won the BFCA Award for Best Acting Ensemble for: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003).

Sean's dislike for flying is so intense that during the filming of the "Mount Caradhras" scene in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001), he hiked in costume to the shooting site while his fellow cast members were ferried in by helicopter.

Sean is a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) in Stratford-upon-Avon, England, where his credits include A Midsummer Nights Dream and King Richard II.

Sean has retained his Sheffield accent even after playing various nationalities over the years.

Sean says that he took the roles of Boromir and Odysseus because he was "tired of being known as a villainous actor" to American audiences (he says he was tired of playing just bad guys and wanted a change of pace and to play a sympathetic character or two).

Sean has appeared in music videos for Tony Hadley's "Build Me Up" in 1996, Enya's "May It Be" in 2001, and Moby's "We are All Made of Stars" in 2002.

Sean made his professional stage debut in Romeo and Juliet (as Tybalt) at the Watermill Theatre in Newbury, England, in 1983.

Sean was not the first choice for the role of Richard Sharpe in the Sharpe series; he stepped in when an accident prevented actor Paul McGann from taking the part.

Sean is 5' 11" (1.80 m) tall.

Bernard Cornwell, author of the Sharpe series, dedicated his novel Sharpe's Battle to Sean.

Thanks to TV.com for info!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 04:31:27 PM by Kari »

Offline Kari

• Ian's Treasure
  • Let's Gohan, go home!
    • tumblr
Re: Trivia
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 04:31:02 PM »
Nice! I'll sticky this :)

Aisling113

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 06:47:44 PM »
Does anyone know where to get these books? "Sean has narrated several audio books including, King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, Sharpe's Devil by Bernard Cornwell, and The Way it Was by Stanley Matthews."
I hope it comes on cd I'd wear out the tapes.
~A

**mumbles**I think I'll go to Amazon now.....
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 06:50:59 PM by Aisling113 »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 03:06:16 AM »
I got my copy of King Arthur by special order from Borders Book Store.  It can also be ordered at Barnes and Noble and Amazon.com  ISBN number is : 9-62634-138-6

Aisling113

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 12:08:30 PM »
Thanks Sable!
~A

Emma290497

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 11:52:11 PM »
Sharpe I guess is only available on audio cassette - and there are others like "Martin Guerre" or "Saturday Night and Sunday Morning" for example.

I don't know if they are availably for buying - I got those from a download link.

King Arthur... is lovely. It's the first I got (from amazon)

Chosen One

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 11:30:29 AM »
I have never tried these audio books are they any good

Lady Jane

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 01:16:05 PM »
Personally I Love Martin Guerre, A kind of Loving, Saturday night and Sunday Morning, and Christmas Chillout also Sean's poerty readings all of which can be downloaded from the MEDIA portion of this site, youll see it above the SBO banner on this page. Get listening girl, that voice is hypnotic and erotic! I listen to them in bed, Sean reading me a bedtime story, pure bliss!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 09:11:47 AM »
Some Trivia from the extras on the Stormy Monday Special Edition, 2-Disc Special Edition

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RH5387/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1492830265&sr=1-1&keywords=sean+bean

About the casting   "Just The Same? Stormy Monday 30 Yeas On…” extra.

” Some people involved in the movie ( like the costume designer) had also worked with Derek Jarman on Caravaggio.

Sean wasn't the first choice for the role of Brendan.Tim roth was cast as Brendan but when Melanie Griffith was cast as Kate "her people" didn't think Tim Roth was good looking enough for a believable love story.They were shown pictures of Sean and he got the thumbs up” .

About the filming  " Audio commentary with Mike Figgis" extra.

”When they had to film Kate and Brendan trying to make their getaway,Sean was apperently asleep in his trailer.They woke him up and told him to do that scene.
Melanie Griffith was doing her own driving and halfway through that scene made a huge U-turn wich Sean didn't know was coming.He was heard muttering under his breath "WTF".

There was a shot of a Converse billboard visible in a the film and they got 2 pairs of shoes(Brendan was wearing those)out of that wich they had to give back afterwards”.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:16:13 AM by patch »