News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Frankenstein Chronicles  (Read 113447 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: The Frankenstein Chronicles
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2015, 01:45:14 AM »
CANAL+ acquires The Frankenstein Chronicles from Endemol Shine International

In Season One, we follow Marlott on the hunt for the killer behind this abomination, taking him into the dark corners of Georgian London, an underworld of prostitution, drug smuggling, bodysnatching, murder for profit and other vices.

As Marlott investigates, it brings him up against the medical establishment and powerful political forces wrestling with the march of scientific progress. One thing is certain – a demonic power is at work in the city, apparently attempting to reanimate the dead in a curious parody of the celebrated novel FRANKENSTEIN.
 Unable to shake the memory of what happened on the banks of the Thames but reluctant to admit the impossible, Marlott brings his enquiry to a dramatic conclusion. But in his moment of triumph, another horror is revealed which will change Marlott’s life forever.

http://presscenter.com/canal-acquires-the-frankenstein-chronicles-from-endemol-shine-international/

Why are ITV showing The Frankenstein Chronicles on a pay only tv channel. The BBC would show something like that on BBC 1 or BBC 2. Shame on ITV.

Will they ever show it on the normal channel

......Well seeing as ITV Encore doesn't rate particularly well, I suppose they will eventually if they want anyone to watch it. 
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2090092

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 01:51:12 AM by patch »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2015, 03:32:53 AM »
Interview with Photographer Helen Sloan

I shoot other TV series or movies, including season two of The Fall, and more recently The Frankenstein Chronicles with Sean Bean, which is coming out in the autumn 
http://watchersonthewall.com/new-interview-with-photographer-helen-sloan-first-look-at-game-of-thrones-risk/

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2015, 03:58:31 AM »
Interview with Photographer Helen Sloan

I shoot other TV series or movies, including season two of The Fall, and more recently The Frankenstein Chronicles with Sean Bean, which is coming out in the autumn 
http://watchersonthewall.com/new-interview-with-photographer-helen-sloan-first-look-at-game-of-thrones-risk/
If you click on the link to Nikon interview, there is a gorgeous picture of Sean/Ned Stark, taken by Ms Sloan.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2015, 10:19:49 AM »
So excited about this. A tiny preview of The Frankenstein Chronicles - I play a certain writer w/serious sideburns.

http://vk.com/video-691836_171163314?list=faab862635075315f4

https://twitter.com/MrRyanSampson/status/622502704703762433

Amber

« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2015, 02:07:08 PM »
If you click on the link to Nikon interview, there is a gorgeous picture of Sean/Ned Stark, taken by Ms Sloan.

A truly beautiful photo and funny to think that they spent so much time building such a beautiful set which was really only used in a couple of scenes (or even just that one - I get muddled with what I've read and what I've seen now) and that is the only time we see that side of it - the right hand side of the pool and the weirwood tree - in that shot, it was never shown in the series.  All that work ...

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2015, 07:50:12 PM »
It is very beautiful. Maybe they will use it in a flashback scene, or a dream.  :thumbsup:

Amber

« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2015, 05:55:02 AM »

And what's with cape arrangement on the trailer?  In the on-set photos we've seen so far, he has been wearing a big overcoat but in the trailer he is wearing a blue cape with both parts joined together with a chain - hello, very odd! - Maybe its the top part of another overcoat but all same ...

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2015, 06:50:41 AM »

And what's with cape arrangement on the trailer?  In the on-set photos we've seen so far, he has been wearing a big overcoat but in the trailer he is wearing a blue cape with both parts joined together with a chain - hello, very odd! - Maybe its the top part of another overcoat but all same ...

In the ITV Autumn trailer Sean can be seen wearing both cape and overcoat.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CTu2buq66I

In the new link to the removed Dailymotion trailer he can only be seen wearing that overcoat.
http://vk.com/video-691836_171163314?list=faab862635075315f4

Both suits him very well I must say. :hellyeah2:

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:58:29 AM by patch »

Amber

« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2015, 10:13:45 AM »

I'm not sure about the cape - not so manly as I like him I must say - bit too much pantomime villain, or Pepper from "Modern Family" leaving in a huff!!!!!

Offline Karrie A

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2015, 01:21:24 AM »
I like the cape! It is also historically accurate with the chain and everything.

Great garments - keep you dry, warm and can even function as bedding if need be.

The coats then often were cape coats - you know with 2 or even 3 short
capelets over the shoulders.

He's done enough historical drama that he should be able to work with a cape and not
over do it!

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2015, 01:39:49 AM »

The coats then often were cape coats - you know with 2 or even 3 short
capelets over the shoulders.
Oh, yeah, I like those. He wears something in Sharpe that I remembered as a cape, but just went and looked and it's probably what you are saying.  Fantastic!  :damn:

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2015, 12:41:07 AM »
wow, that trailer blew me away. The production value looks amazing; really high quality. I wasn't expecting it to look this good.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2015, 03:22:39 PM »
That cloak is very period correct. You will often hear them referred to as a "boat cloak", a very heavy, voluminous cloak that has been treated with a linseed oil/parafin or beeswax compound to make the fabric waterproof. They were extremely popular and very valuable to the camp followers and officers in Wellington's Peninsula army.

Amber

« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2015, 06:45:13 PM »

Okay, I just don't like the look of it - I have no doubt that it is warm, perfect to sleep in, accurate in period detail, and he looked fab in the one he wore in "Sharpe" - I'm just not a fan of this one; the chain or the colour - we all have our preferences!

Amber

« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2015, 05:46:55 AM »

Ha!  Funnily enough, Wellington was wearing the full monty of a cape in "Sharpe's Battle" at the weekend.  Somehow it suits Old Nosey, on horseback, so I don't know what my problem is with it being on our man.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2015, 02:51:03 PM »
Armagh’s Frankenstein fans will have to wait longer for Sean Bean drama
Armagh will have to wait a little bit longer than first envisaged for the hotly-anticipated ‘Frankenstein Chronicles’.

It had been expected that the six-part series – starring Hollywood actor Sean Bean – would get an autumn airing.

But it now seems the show, much of which was filmed in Armagh, will not hit our screens until 2016.

Last month Armagh I reported that the Frankenstein Chronicles – a reimagining of Mary Shelley’s gothic horror novel – looked set to get a global release.

And that certainly remains the case.

Our beautiful buildings will be seen around the world, after it was acquired by the French pay TV Canal+ from Endemol Shine International.

But the finishing touches have yet to be added to a show which is expected to target the US and other top global networks.

And there will be no ‘sneak peaks’ of the drama, as it is being kept closely under wraps until broadcast time.

Other that footage filmed by onlookers at the time during shooting at such local locations as Russell Street, Vicar’s Hill, Armagh Courthouse, Armagh Gaol and Gosford Forest Park, no official ‘teasers’ will go out until nearer the time.

A spokesperson for ITV confirmed to us it certainly will not be shown in the autumn, as had been hoped.

She told Armagh I: “We have no transmission date presently but that isn’t unusual when a drama is in post-production. The edit and grading process takes some months.”

Shooting started in Belfast in January before moving on to Armagh and concluded some months back.

The producers are ensuring a polished show with such wide interest expected.

“We’re anticipating transmission next year,” added the spokesperson.

As they say though, all good things…

http://armaghi.com/armaghs-frankenstein-fans-will-have-to-wait-longer-for-sean-bean-drama/

Amber

« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2015, 06:15:40 PM »

Well now, isn't that disappointing!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2015, 12:15:23 AM »
I've got my fingers crossed that FC will also be shown in the US !!                                                   

Armagh’s Frankenstein fans will have to wait longer for Sean Bean drama
But the finishing touches have yet to be added to a show which is expected to target the US and other top global networks.

http://armaghi.com/armaghs-frankenstein-fans-will-have-to-wait-longer-for-sean-bean-drama/

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2015, 10:00:54 AM »
I hope I can see it in Canal Plus Spain

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2015, 11:07:35 AM »
Well, drat, drat, drats!  And I suppose they mean autumn of 2016, rather than the beginning of the new year?
"... the six-part series..."  How long is each part? Do we know?

Fortunately, we have Legends to look forward to.