News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye  (Read 1164 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye
« on: November 22, 2014, 12:46:54 AM »
See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty

When it came to finally bid farewell to Middle-earth after 16 years and six epic films, Peter Jackson gave the last word to one of the original members of the Fellowship. Billy Boyd, who portrayed loyal hobbit Pippin in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, collaborated with Jackson, Fran Walsh, and Philippa Boyens to write “The Last Goodbye,” the song that will play over the credits when The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies opens on Dec. 17.

EW has the exclusive music video for the franchise-capping song, and it includes Boyd’s performance, mixed with classic scenes from the series   

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/11/21/the-hobbit-last-goodbye-music-video/

Offline Beanfan

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
Re: 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 04:23:15 AM »
Wonderful song, beautiful voice!
I am so looking forward to the last episode. ( Though it will be a sad moment, I guess. )

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 09:04:18 PM »
What can anyone say about these Great movies ??? Peter Jackson is a genius and I HOPE that he can find
some more wonderful stories for AMAZING NEW FILMS !!! The world will be waiting.

:slyfox
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:37:54 PM by lasue »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 04:58:15 PM »
Well, since GoT and Cornwell's Uthred books are taken, who knows what Jackson and Company will move on to next. There's always Cornwell's Grail Quest series. Those have some great battles in them, ie: Agincourt. Or, maybe he'll move on to something set in the era of the great sailing warships such as Stockwin's Kydd series or Russell's Charles Hayden series or the Matty Graves series by Campbell or pick up on O'Brien's Aubry/Maturin series or move on to something later such as Wilcox's Simon Fonthill series and of course there's always Flashman. Personally, I'd like to see him move into something along the lines of the Regency period Gabriel Lacy series or the Sebastian St. Cyr series, although those would both be better done as telly series. If he wants Regency with a touch of the supernatural, there's the Ethan Gage Adventure by Dietrich. It would be interesting to see him manage complex mysteries or even something with some humor such as the Reluctant Adventures of Martin Jerrold by Thomas. I'd be happy with something Tudor, even, like Harper's Elizabeth 1 murder mystery series or The Ursula Blanchard Mysteries by Fiona Buckley or the Revolutionary war Jack Absolute series. There's also the Rennaissance period with Dorothy Dunnett's Lymond Chronicles. I wouldn't mind him moving deeper into Sy Fy fantasy by translating to film Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series. Asimov's Foundation books are taken and coming to telly soon but there's always King's Dark Tower series. If he's looking for sword and sorcery material, there's The Sword of Truth Series or The Sword of Shannara series, or Moorcock's Elric series, or Anthony's Xanth Series. Of course there is always my particular all-time favorite idea: Eric Flint's Ring of Fire series.

Whatever he does, I hope he forgets about things like King Kong or remakes of anything else in the way of classic Sy Fy. Those things simply are not meant to be remade. In spite of his magic touch , his King Kong was simply a horribly miscast and horribly conceived film.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:35:40 PM by Sable899 »

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 09:30:55 PM »
Lots to choose from. It will be interesting to see what film he makes next.

:slyfox