News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ned Stark speaks from the Grave  (Read 3672 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Ned Stark speaks from the Grave
« on: March 13, 2015, 08:22:17 AM »
This week's cover: We go around the world with Game of Thrones

This week’s Entertainment Weekly cover story is a revealing must-read behind-the-scenes adventure for any Thrones fan, and just part of our mammoth coverage. We devoted an unprecedented 30 pages of this week’s issue to exploring the past, present, and future of Game of Thrones, with four unique collectable covers 

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/10/this-weeks-cover-game-thrones-season-5?asdf

"Ned Stark speaks from the Grave"

https://www.facebook.com/beanland.de/photos/a.332334086831762.82434.140561519342354/873315186066980/?type=1&theater

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: Ned Stark speaks from the Grave
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 03:04:16 PM »
Thanks, patch.  So, Ned won't be returning in any way in this upcoming season.  Like Sean said, maybe season 6!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 10:14:04 AM »
Ned Stark speaks from the grave! Sean Bean on keeping up with Game of Thrones

Four years after his noble character Ned Stark lost his head, Sean Bean tells EW what it’s like to watch Game of Thrones from the sidelines. 

KEEPING UP WITH THE STARKS
SEAN BEAN: “I do watch, although I’ve not managed to catch much because of work. It’s quite interesting to see the kids growing up, like Maisie [Williams] and Sophie [Turner] and the family that I once had. They’ve grown from kids into women. So I don’t really catch all of it, but when I do get to watch, I do think it’s fascinating to see who’s left. Cersei, she’s still around, isn’t she?”

VIEWER DISCRETION
“I know what’s behind the scenes, but I don’t really want to think about that. I suppose I like to try and believe that it’s all actually happening and suspend my disbelief, as it were, to be taken on this scary ride. I want to see what happens like everyone else. I didn’t read the books, so it was all new when I first started, and I’ve not read the books since I got my head chopped off!”

ACCIDENTALLY REVISITING THE SET
“I’m working in Belfast at the moment on The Frankenstein Chronicles, and we were actually filming next to the old Game of Thrones set where we first did the pilot. I went over and had a look through the gates at the old set, and that was a weird experience for me. It’s strange coming back to Northern Ireland, but it feels like a home away from home. Looking back on it, they were really good times.”

NED’S BEHEADING
“I remember walking around spooking people with my prosthetic head, holding it by its hair. That was a vivid memory. Obviously I knew from day one that I wasn’t going to make it to season 2, but it got quite a flattering reception. I was pleased people were saddened to see the death of me. I guess that set the benchmark that if you kill off the lead guy, anyone can get killed off. And they have been and they continue to be killed off! It’s actually quite refreshing.”

WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEAN
“I often think of what would have happened to Ned, what would he have become, how would his family have reacted to him. But of course that wasn’t the case. He was a good man in this moral maze, and if I’m being honest, he couldn’t really survive anyway because he was just too good and too trusting.”

NED’S ADVICE TO HIS STARK KIDS
“He’d probably have said, ‘Just stay at home in the castle, with your mum.’” [Laughs]

A RETURN FOR SEASON 5?
“No, I didn’t get [a call]. Maybe season 6!”

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/23/ned-stark-speaks-grave-sean-bean-keeping-game-thrones?xid=IFT-Section

« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 10:18:01 AM by patch »

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 05:45:35 PM »
Nice little press for The Frankenstein Chronicles.

I would love it if they could somehow bring Bean back in a recurring role for a season.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 06:30:12 PM »
Sean is an incredibly VERSATILE ACTOR !! Why can't he just play someone else in this story ???? :frustrate:

Offline crossing-sweeper

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 10:10:54 AM »
GOT dead for me since Ned Stark dead.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 03:43:20 PM »
I feel the same way about NED !! If they cast Sean as a different character in this series I would watch GOT
again, but it as to have Sean.

:slyfox

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 05:49:46 PM »
I feel sorry for anyone who has abandoned GoT simply because Ned lost his head. The series continues to be an amazing piece of television entertainment and with few exceptions there is just nothing else to compare it to. As the series has continued to be critically-acclaimed and the ratings keep it as the highest-rated drama series in the history of television there obviously are few people who feel as those who have turned away simply because a single actor is no longer in it. They won't be bringing Sean back as any other character and Sean himself has moved on. He's John Marlott and Martin Odum now. 

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 06:43:51 PM »
I can understand someone not wanting to continue a series after their favourite characters are no longer on it.

Walking Dead is missing a solid antagonist since the departure of Shane and the Governor. Without a character as powerful as those two the show isn't as interesting. I would stop watching completely if Daryl dies.

Smallville, though my favourite show of all time, definitely felt the missing presence of Michael Rosenbaum. Again, a powerful antagonist.

Game of Thrones had centre of the series, which was Ned Stark until he died. After he died, the series has not had a centre to it and many times feels slow and disorienting with so many story lines with no real central one.  Season 1 was also the best not just for Sean Bean, but because it followed the books very closely. Since then, it has been growing farther apart from the books.
Still an entertaining show and I will keep watching it yes, but the first season was the best.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 10:05:57 PM »
I'm ready glad that Sean was NED in GOT. It was GREAT for his career, and I LOVE him as MARTIN and
(probably) JOHN. Thanks to GOT Sean is more will known to everyone than he was before NED !! So for that
I'm VERY GRATEFUL !! :thumbsup:

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 02:56:28 PM »
Sean is the only reason that I started watching GoT.  I wasn't familiar with the books and not really into shows of that genre.  But sad as I was to see Ned get killed off, I was hooked by the story and haven't missed an episode since.

TT_Bull

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 07:22:23 AM »
One of the Casting Calls for GoT Season 6 is a green eyed northern young man--it would seem they are casting a young Ned Stark/Sean Bean for Robert's Rebellion
"7 year old boy with dark brown hair, a narrow face and green eyes. He also has a Northern accent. He also spars with the wooden sword, so it’s safe to assume it’s the same scene. This role is similarly open-ended, the description only stating that the character is being ‘introduced.’"
http://winteriscoming.net/2015/05/27/game-of-thrones-season-6-casting-rumors-and-speculation/