News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What will he do next?  (Read 3966 times)

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
What will he do next?
« on: November 27, 2015, 01:53:08 AM »
I know he's a busy guy. Two shows airing at the same time. 5 total films released this year.

But aside from The Young Messiah (which will be a tiny role no doubt), there is nothing else on the horizon.

It has been over a year since he has signed on to a new project.

What kind of project would you like to see him do?

I personally want him to have a really meaty role in a Hollywood film. He is always underused. I spoke with some peers about the Martian who all admire Bean, but they think he should have been cast in Jeff Daniels' role.
I want him to do something that really shows his range as an actor. We only are really getting a taste of that in his television shows, both of which aren't getting much attention.

I wanna read about how all the critics are loving Sean Bean in a big production, and you cannot read a review without his name attached.

I doubt that will happen anytime soon. I still keep hoping (like 'Cash' director Steve Anderson mentioned) that Sean Bean will be like today's Anthony Hopkins (who wasn't really recognized until his Oscar role as Hannibal Lecter).

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
Re: What will he do next?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 03:24:19 AM »
What happened with the Wonder Woman rumours? Not that I think I really want him to do it.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 03:44:02 AM »
What happened with the Wonder Woman rumours? Not that I think I really want him to do it.

No mention of Sean

‘Wonder Woman’ Production Begins, New Cast Members and Photo Revealed
http://www.slashfilm.com/new-wonder-woman-movie-photo-cast-members-unveiled/

Offline lab183

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
  • Life is a song, love is the music
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 11:10:49 AM »
He would have been the perfect choice for Ares, God of War some years back...but now? He's more suited to Zeus. Even though the The God of War is "older" in the sense that he also romanced Wonder Woman's mother too, because he's a god, he doesn't age - he needs to come across as young, vital, and full of energy that is palatable. With WW who has been cast quite young, he needs to have an automatic chemistry. And as much as I hate to admit this, Sean's just a teeny weensy bit too old to pull that off now without coming across a tad creepy. I know he's a great actor and he could make it work if they didn't cast WW so young...but it's Hollywood and youth rules. Just think, we were all creeped out by the April Summers "thing"...this would be the same if not worse only because we would see it on the big screen and I think it would be box office catastrophe. JMHO.

Offline crossing-sweeper

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 11:27:00 AM »
Sean tends to play safe and I would like to see him tackle some more dramatically demanding roles. Tracey the transvestite showed he could branch out - though I didn't actually think the drama, characterisation or dialogue was that good - and one would like to see him working at some really interesting character roles among his acting peers.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 03:47:34 PM »
I would just like to see him in some good dramatic roles, not movies full of car chases or shoot outs or a lot of special effects.  The quiet, meaningful dramatic roles such as he had in North Country.  I also really enjoyed him in The Big Empty, so a dark comedy would suit him as well.

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 01:10:54 AM »
Yes, he was so good in North Country.

I would like to see Enemy of Man get made.

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 03:19:02 AM »
I don't think Enemy of Man will ever get made... I've also lost interest. If they actually make it I will be excited, but I no longer care if they do not.

Now that Legends is cancelled and The Frankenstein Chronicles has run its course, The Young Messiah is the only upcoming project he has.

I kind of hope they are still doing The Untamed animated series, that looked promising. Except we haven't heard anything since last March.

Offline lab183

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 11:11:12 AM »
The next thing he should do is tape a "Happy Christmas" video for YouTube to all his royal subjects, er I mean fans. ;)

(No disrespect intended to the Queen, but I am a wise cracker - sorry can't help it, and I'd rather hear Sean's voice!)

Holiday Blessings to All.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 11:27:20 AM »
The next thing he should do is tape a "Happy Christmas" video for YouTube to all his royal subjects, er I mean fans. ;)
Holiday Blessings to All.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year from Sean Bean at 2.57 min in the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtKhKO1kjH8

http://seanbeanonline.net/forums/index.php?topic=4692.0

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 11:31:45 AM by patch »

Offline lab183

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 11:35:28 AM »
Patch! Your secret is OUT! You ARE the real Santa Claus!

:nice:

:thanks2:

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2015, 02:54:01 AM »
I've loved Marlott in The Frankenstein Chronicles so much that I wish they would make a series about Anne Perry's William Monk series set in the Victorian era.  And have Sean be William Monk, of course.

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 10:42:15 AM »
The idea of Legends could be transfered to a feature film.

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2016, 05:29:22 AM »
I think this is gotta be one of the longest stretches of time where there has been no talk of him signing on to new projects...

Lets hope that whatever he does next is groundbreaking :P

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2016, 07:16:46 AM »
Does this look legit, or the guy is just promoting himself?

Chris Cooper Music ‏@chriscooperx 
Amazing new #macbeth in production starring #seanbean #rupertgrint #charlesdance check the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOBEzG-RrIk
https://twitter.com/chriscooperx

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 07:22:15 AM by Rebecca »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 03:53:30 PM »
Does this look legit, or the guy is just promoting himself?

Chris Cooper Music ‏@chriscooperx 
Amazing new #macbeth in production starring #seanbean #rupertgrint #charlesdance check the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOBEzG-RrIk
https://twitter.com/chriscooperx

chriscooperx Does this mean the filming of EoM feature film is finally on its way??
.....Baer_Michi I'm not sure to be honest with you, not the guy to ask. I just wrote the music for it, fingers crossed though!

https://twitter.com/Baer_Michi/status/704342362399633409

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2016, 01:30:44 AM »
Amazing new #macbeth in production
I'm not sure to be honest with you

So he knows it's not. Tosser.