News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TFC Ambiguous ending? Second season?  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
TFC Ambiguous ending? Second season?
« on: December 20, 2015, 02:31:04 AM »
*spoilery

So... what do you think we are supposed to believe happens at the end? He runs down to the river to drown himself in order to be with his beloved wife and child again in heaven? Or he lives to fight another day and clear his name of the murder of Flora?

I would love to see another series with Inspector Marlott, not necessarily to do with the Frankenstein murder plot. But the possibilities are endless, especially with the genius writers they have!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: TFC Ambiguous ending? Second season?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 08:27:28 AM »
*spoilery

So... what do you think we are supposed to believe happens at the end? He runs down to the river to drown himself in order to be with his beloved wife and child again in heaven? Or he lives to fight another day and clear his name of the murder of Flora?

I would love to see another series with Inspector Marlott, not necessarily to do with the Frankenstein murder plot. But the possibilities are endless, especially with the genius writers they have!

As the name of the series is The Frankenstein Chronicles,if thereīs to be second season itīs probably to do with clearing Marlotīs name and exposing the real killer.Alice is back home and may be able to testify and Boz has been told the real story too by Marlot.Along with the machinations of Lord Hervey enough material for another dark season.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 10:42:22 AM »
As the name of the series is The Frankenstein Chronicles,if thereīs to be second season itīs probably to do with clearing Marlotīs name and exposing the real killer.Alice is back home and may be able to testify and Boz has been told the real story too by Marlot.Along with the machinations of Lord Hervey enough material for another dark season.

And after John Marlot's rehabilitation he could become known  as "Frankenstein,inspector in the metropolitan police" and solve other cases together with Nightingale for further seasons to come.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 10:44:15 AM by patch »

Offline lab183

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
  • Life is a song, love is the music
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 07:13:44 PM »
fingers & toes crossed on this one - a Season 2 would be great! :hellyeah2:

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 02:30:58 AM »
[spoiler] I was forgetting though that now he not only has to clear his name for being framed for murder, but he really did kill somebody else. So that's a problem.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:37:41 AM by Rebecca »

Offline lab183

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
  • Life is a song, love is the music
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 08:11:39 AM »
Shhhh...i won't turn him in for that, if you don't!  :angel2:

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 12:35:31 PM »
On a fan-run Face Book page, The Frankenstein Chronicles fans, somebody who was an extra wrote a couple days ago:

"The producers are very keen to make a second one, & the response from ITV has been positive, but I suppose that viewing figures always decide these things. I hope there will be a second season, because I got a lot of work on the first one!"

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 06:06:30 PM »
I thought this was always intended to be a 6 part MINI series. Sometimes less is more and it was fantastic. The ending was perfect and leaves it up to the audience to interpret what happens next. I don't want more personally. It is perfect as is. Also I'd want to see Sean move on to other, potentially greater projects.