News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sean Bean Wincanton sighting  (Read 7271 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Sean Bean Wincanton sighting
« on: February 08, 2016, 12:42:15 PM »
Sean Bean Wincanton sighting: Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings star spotted in Somerset pub

ACTOR Sean Bean has been seen out and about in Wincanton recently, according to reports.

Diners and drinkers at Marston's pub The Wagtail, next to the A303, are believed to have seen the film star on Sunday, January 31.

The Sheffield born actor has featured in many popular films and television shows including Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Lady Chatterley, Sharpe and James Bond film, Goldeneye.

Local rumours suggest that Mr Bean might be house hunting in the Wincanton area.

Facebook users speculated in the wake of his apparent visit that he was looking for a new home in the small village of Maperton, three miles to the south west of the town.

Did you see or speak to Sean Bean during his visit to Wincanton? We'd be interested to hear from you via our contact us page.

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Sean-Bean-Wincanton-sighting-Game-Thrones-Lord/story-28692565-detail/story.html#1

« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 01:05:34 PM by patch »

Offline Karrie A

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
Re: Sean Bean Wincanton sighting
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 12:20:55 AM »
Wincanton seems to be twinned with a city from Fantasy Lit! Interesting.

Offline crossing-sweeper

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 06:01:36 AM »
That's because Wincanton was for many years the home of the late, great Terry Pratchett - fantasy novelist extraordinary!

My best friend lives just outside Wincanton. I just emailed her excitedly to tell her that Sean Bean might be moving in - and to my annoyance she couldn't remember who he was.

Ah well.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 11:40:12 AM »

Sean Bean seen in Somerset – house hunting?

 
Actor Sean Bean has beenspotted in Somerset leading to rumours he has bought a house in the county.

The 56-year-old film star was seen out and about in Wincanton recently, including by drinkers at The Wagtail pub, just off the A303. Alison Sealy, who works at Utopia Hairdressing in Gillingham, said there were rumours that he had bought a property in Maperton, a few miles from Wincanton.

She said: "My husband spent quite a bit of time talking to him. He was really lovely and so was his family."

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Sean-Bean-seen-Somerset-ndash-house-hunting/story-28710503-detail/story.html

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 12:12:28 PM »
Sean Bean spotted for second time in Somerset town fuelling speculation about house hunt

GAME of Thrones star Sean Bean has been spotted for a second time in Wincanton.

The actor was seen by diners and drinkers at a pub in the town on January 31 amid speculation that he was looking for a house locally.

He is now been seen leaving the town's health centre.

Resident Kirsten Hearne said that she saw the former star of Sharpe on Monday, March 14.

She said: "I didn't speak to him. I was with my partner Pete and Sean Bean came out of one of the rooms at the health centre as we came out of another. We walked out behind him to the car park."

Alison Sealy, who works at Utopia Hairdressing in Gillingham, said she and her husband had a great time in Mr Bean's company when they met him at The Wagtail pub next to the A303 in January.

She said: "My husband spent quite a bit of time talking to him. He was really lovely and so was his family."

Local rumours suggest that Mr Bean might have purchased a house in the Wincanton area, with the villages of Maperton and Stoke Trister mentioned as possible destinations.

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Sean-Bean-spotted-second-time-Somerset-town/story-28936304-detail/story.html

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 06:12:42 AM »
Game of Thrones star Sean Bean spotted enjoying Somerset town for third time this year

Sean Bean has been spotted enjoying the delights of a Somerset town for at least the third time this year.

The Game of Thrones actor took time out for a photograph with a fan when he popped into a pub on Saturday (July 16).

Jayne Bentley, a committee member for Wincanton carnival, was raising money for the annual event through a table top and jumble sale in The Bear Inn when the Yorkshire-born celebrity turned up.

She said: "He just walked in with three friends. He was lovely and was happy to have his photo taken. I hear he then went up to Otter Nursery garden centre for a coffee and to get plants. It is great he feels he can walk around our lovely town."

A member of staff at the garden centre – which is not far from the town's well-known race course – said Mr Bean was "absolutely charming".

The Sheffield born actor has featured in many popular films and television shows including Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Lady Chatterley, Sharpe and James Bond film, Goldeneye.

Yayne said she is a fan of both Sharpe and Lord of the Rings.

She added: "I'm a big fan. My mum watched Sharpe so I watched it and I loved him in Lord of the Rings. I haven't watched Game of Thrones but might have to now."

She confesses to being overwhelmed by the moment in the Wincanton High Street pub – which left her a little tongue tied.

She said: "I really didn't talk much and just kept saying sorry to his friends for stopping him and thank you for the photo.

"My daughter loves him and she was at work and she is very jealous. Hopefully next time I won't be so star struck so I can talk to him. He really seams lovely and didn't mind at all."

Jayne hopes to see Mr Bean (not to be confused with the Rowan Atkinson character) again and would love him to support Wincanton Amateur Dramatics Society, which she chairs.

"I would love it if he would come and see some of our plays or pantomimes – or even come and chat to our members about stage and screen work. That would be amazing."

Mr Bean was also spotted this year at The Wagtail pub and restaurant, next to the A303 in Wincanton, and a few weeks later coming out of the town's health centre.

Alison Sealy – a hairdresser who works in Gillingham – met the actor with her husband at The Wagtail in January and agrees with Jayne that he was "lovely".

Local rumours suggest that Mr Bean might have purchased a house in the Wincanton area, with the villages of Maperton and Stoke Trister mentioned as possible destinations.

Representatives of the actor have previously been approached by Somerset Live but have so far offered no comment.

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/game-of-thrones-star-sean-bean-spotted-enjoying-somerset-town-for-third-time-this-year/story-29523932-detail/story.html

« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 01:13:28 PM by patch »

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 10:24:10 AM »
Either Somerset Live are perfectly aware of him living there and are simply stringing everyone along to fill column inches OR they really are the actual, thick as the proverbial,  zummerzet wurzels.

Offline lab183

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
  • Life is a song, love is the music
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 10:51:41 AM »
Either Somerset Live are perfectly aware of him living there and are simply stringing everyone along to fill column inches OR they really are the actual, thick as the proverbial,  zummerzet wurzels.

:mutley:

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 03:14:12 PM »
Yes, it is odd. I would imagine everyone for miles around knows exactly where he lives.