News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sean Bean stars in new Comedy Wasted  (Read 1611 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Sean Bean stars in new Comedy Wasted
« on: April 04, 2016, 05:04:57 AM »
Cast announced for brand new Comedy Wasted

Danny Kirrane, Dylan Edwards, Gwyneth Keyworth and Rose Reynolds to front E4’s latest comedy series 'Wasted', which also stars Sean Bean.

Combine a gang of four twenty-something wasters, one West Country village and the ex-Lord of Winterfell and you’ve got Wasted. E4’s hilarious new comedy series, (6x30’), from triple BAFTA Award winning writing team James Lamont and Jon Foster (Cuckoo, Paddington, Amazing World of Gumball.)

Lovable fantasy fanatic Morpheus, (Danny Kirrane- Trollied), manages a bong shop, (Stoned Henge) with his neurotic sister Sarah (Rose Reynolds-The World’s End). His secret crush is their mate Alison (Gwyneth Keyworth- Game of Thrones), the quirky girl who runs a tattoo business out the back of the shop, and his cocky best friend Kent (Dylan Edwards-The Job Lot) sleeps on the sofa, rent free. Together they’ve been living in each other’s pockets since school and aren’t moving anywhere fast.

But Morpheus is a dreamer, and his dreams take the form of his hero Sean Bean (Game of Thrones), who appears in full medieval garb, as Morpheus' personal spirit guide, to help him navigate the rough seas of wasting your twenties.

Fun, facetious and jam-packed with surreal visual sequences, Wasted is a series about the stupid things you get up to when there's nothing much to do.

The 6x30’ comedy was ordered by Channel 4 Head of Comedy, Phil Clarke and Commissioning Editor for Comedy, Liz Lewin. Made by Angel Eye Media, the Executive Producers are John O’Callaghan and Richard Osborne. Produced by Phil Bowker (PhoneShop, Pulling) and Directed by Tom Marshall (Chewing Gum, Drifters).

Of the series Liz Lewin said, “We can’t wait to bring a bit of Westeros to Wiltshire with the Wasted gang’s adventures. Their exploits across the series are hilarious and ludicrous in equal measure – the perfect mix for an E4 audience”.

Filming is underway and Wasted is due to air on E4 this summer.

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/cast-announced-for-brand-new-comedy-wasted

more info here    http://seanbeanonline.net/forums/index.php?topic=5114.msg112163#msg112163

« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 06:09:11 AM by patch »

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
Re: Sean Bean stars in new Comedy Wasted
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 04:59:37 PM »
Will Sean be dressed as NED ????

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 12:06:57 PM »
Well, at least we won't have to watch him die some horrible death since he starts off dead.

Offline lab183

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
  • Life is a song, love is the music
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 04:58:54 PM »
I love that he is trying something different! Yay!

I have watched the movie, CA$H now a few times and it's really a dark comedy. I loved him in it. It was very quirky. And that yoga scene just gets me every time. And he was willing to do the Pixels thing - that was brave. And it was very funny! More funny for Sharpe fans I think than anyone else.

So, I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one for him!

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 11:14:32 AM »
Have to agree with Lab183.  I hope he continues to choose projects more for the fun of it than the whole artsy-fartsy thing or because he needs the money.  He's gotten to the age where he doesn't give an eff what people think and for too long he's had to be concerned with critics and industry people. Now, he's simply pleasing himself.

Offline dernhelm1984

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 09:11:01 PM »
Sean's role in this is "Sean Bean the character?" Dressed up like Boromir/Ned? I am dying here. Going to watch this now.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 09:33:10 PM by dernhelm1984 »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 07:28:59 PM »
The show is pure rubbish, but Sean's bits are gut-busting funny! He steals the whole show with his cameo bits.