News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Seven of the mightiest Northern heroes on Netflix  (Read 795 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Seven of the mightiest Northern heroes on Netflix
« on: April 12, 2016, 06:35:27 AM »
Say what you want about the varied Netflix catalogue, but the streaming site has plenty of classic British dramas to offer.

More than that, however, there’s also a sheer celebration of Northern England’s most beloved cultural icons, if you know where to look.

Northerners will be glad to hear that the current Netflix catalogue boasts a sack-full of shows featuring great characters from the top half of Britain. So if it’s strong accents and no-nonsense problem solving you’re after, keep an eye out for some of these guys.

Richard Sharpe

Yorkshire’s finest here, Richard Sharpe – fighting on the front lines of the Peninsular War in the 19th century. Sharpe’s a natural born leader, and inspired tactician, and he’s hard as nails.

His adventures can be viewed in feature format with Sharpe’s Peril, or as episodic snippets in a full season of Sharpe’s Challenge. Either way, you can never have too much Sean Bean in your day.

http://www.wow247.co.uk/2016/04/12/northern-heroes-on-netflix/

Offline lab183

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
  • Life is a song, love is the music
Re: Seven of the mightiest Northern heroes on Netflix
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 09:31:20 AM »
If I didn't already own the entire series I would be really upset that Netflix in the USA is not showing Sharpe YET! I hope they get a clue and show it here too! People all over the US would then see Sean in a whole different light! Woo hoo!