News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone else have this problem?  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
Anyone else have this problem?
« on: October 19, 2016, 03:45:02 AM »
I keep watching films and thinking, Sean would have been SO much better in this role? And then it sort of ruins the film for you?
I'm thinking Valmont and Kingsman, for example. 

Offline Layla

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Super Fan
Re: Anyone else have this problem?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 08:56:10 AM »
He would've been great in The Full Monty. I wonder if it was a little too close to home for him given the setting.

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 09:47:02 AM »
Yeah, he would've been great in that! I think I read that he was offered a part  (Gaz?), but he was too busy. 1997, he would have still been doing Sharpe and, depending when filming was, Anna Karenina.

Oh, and since I originally posted this I've watched another thing I WISH Sean had done:  River. Stellan Skaarsgaard was good, but Sean would have been superb. I wish we could clone him so he could do more roles.

Offline Layla

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Super Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 02:07:44 PM »
Ah! That would make sense! Shame he wasn't able to do it.

River was great, the BBC have made some amazing TV the past few years. Could definitely see Sean in Stellans role.

When it was just rumours that The Walking Dead comics were going to be made into a TV show I know there was talk on Reddit and other forums about Sean playing the lead role of Rick because he looked the comic version. 
But I think he would've made an excellent "Governor" instead. David Morrissey never quite cut for me. Looking back I could definitely see Sean in that role. We need to work on that cloning machine!