News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sean's donation to Specs Appeal’s charity auction!  (Read 1950 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Sean's donation to Specs Appeal’s charity auction!
« on: December 01, 2016, 04:13:42 AM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/as-worn-by-sean-bean-classic-style-max-studio-black-glasses/322337019494?hash=item4b0cc89666

You could own Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe, Robbie Coltrane, Dawn French, Zoe Wanamaker or Stephen Fry’s glasses, if you bid in an Specs Appeal’s charity auction!

Until the 5th December, bidding is open on more than 120 celebrity sunglasses for Specs Appeal, which will help the charity’s work in helping blind people to see again, and improving the lives of people with disabilities.

Many of the glasses come with a signed note, and most are not as ridiculously priced as you would think!

CELEBRITIES WHO HAVE KINDLY DONATED THEIR SPECS INCLUDE

Sean Bean
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2016/12/01/harry-potter-stars-sunglasses-up-for-grabs-in-in-charity-appeal/

From famous faces to yours

Bid to win your favourite celebrity specs on eBay. Bidding is open until Monday 5 December 2016.

Specs Appeal gives you the chance to own a pair of glasses donated by some of the most famous faces around, from Daniel Radcliffe, David Walliams, Emma Watson, Ringo Starr and Rita Ora, to Stephen Fry, Chris Froome, Kate Moss, will.i.am, Meryl Streep and many more.

Thanks to the generous celebrity donations we have more than 120 pairs of specs up for grabs.

http://www.sightsavers.org/specs-appeal/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/as-worn-by-sean-bean-classic-style-max-studio-black-glasses/322337019494?hash=item4b0cc89666

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 06:44:09 AM by patch »

Offline lab183

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
  • Life is a song, love is the music
Re: Sean's donation to Specs Appeal’s charity auction!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 09:43:35 AM »
I so want these. I want to analyze the handwriting on the card and I want to know if the specs have his smell on them! yeah, yeah I know I am weird!  :damn:

I can tell you already that he fascinated me with the 2 different types of "t"s. The first one is printed; second one is in script and the scripted one shows a little shyness and a very generous spirit  - as if we didn't know this already.  Sigh. Yum.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 09:46:48 AM by lab183 »

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 09:49:20 AM »
It would be fun to have his handwriting analysed!

I can't get too excited about glasses. I'd rather have a cardigan or a shirt or.... okay, I'll stop.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 10:20:37 AM »
I'll bet this will end up on someone's bedside table.

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 11:30:25 PM »

I can tell you already that he fascinated me with the 2 different types of "t"s. The first one is printed; second one is in script and the scripted one shows a little shyness and a very generous spirit  - as if we didn't know this already.  Sigh. Yum.

Yes, also that's a rather unusual "m" and I can't tell whether he's misspelled "people's" or just written the "e" on top of the "p."

Offline crossing-sweeper

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 05:16:37 AM »
His handwriting is actually all over the place - which suggests he doesn't use it much. But it's certainly intriguing. Is there a graphologist out there in SBO?

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 08:17:47 AM »
His handwriting is actually all over the place - which suggests he doesn't use it much.

But he's got a great signature! That's probably what most of his writing consists of: autographing pictures and stuff, including pumpkins, lol.

Offline lab183

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
  • Life is a song, love is the music
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 09:43:33 AM »
His handwriting is actually all over the place - which suggests he doesn't use it much. But it's certainly intriguing. Is there a graphologist out there in SBO?

I am not a graphologist but I do have a book about it called Handwriting Fundamentals written by Paula Sassi and Eldene Whiting.

"by all over the place", if you are referring to how he combines both printing and cursive script, according to the book, this combination indicates ingenuity and good problem solving abilities. It may also suggest as you say that he does not write very often. But, while the book also mentions that, it says it's because penmanship is a "practiced art". When we fall out of practice, people tend to get lazy with it, especially when we feel pressured or hurried. People who use this combination on a regular basis, are often very balanced and are constructive and practical thinkers who relate to both tangible and the non material aspects of life very well. But also, when written slowly, it indicates someone who is very conscious of revealing their emotions, it indicates a need for privacy.

I love this stuff and I think it's all very close to the mark!

P.S. The shipping from the UK is almost $50 USD which is currently higher than the bid for the item! So, I am going to take a pass, but I am so tempted!

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:47:30 AM by lab183 »

Offline Karrie A

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 12:15:55 AM »
Go for it Lab183!!!

Christmas is coming!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 04:10:56 AM »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 12:35:45 PM »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady