News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sean Bean writes touching letter to Whitley Bay motor neurone disease battler  (Read 903 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Actor Sean Bean writes touching letter to Whitley Bay motor neurone disease battler
Actor Sean Bean has written a touching letter to former footballer Mark Taylor after hearing of his brave battle with motor neurone disease.

The Game of Thrones star sent the personal heartfelt message after he was contacted by a friend of the 34-year-old, who told him what a huge fan Mark was of the cult fantasy series.

Bean told how he felt “compelled” to write to Mark after hearing how the former semi-professional footballer had courageously continued to live as full a life as possible after being diagnosed with the debilitating illness.

And Mark said he was over the moon to receive a letter off Sean, who played his favourite Game of Thrones character, Ned Stark.

He said: “I got the letter a few days before Christmas. I was really shocked as it was so out of the blue. I am a huge Game of Thrones fan so it absolutely blew me away. I was gutted when Ned Stark was executed.

“The personal touch and the fact he took the time to write to me was amazing.”

Former Whitley Bay FC player Mark was diagnosed with motor neurone disease in January 2010 – just eight months after his team’s FA Vase glory at Wembley.

In the years that followed Mark went from being a superfit athlete to being unable to walk, speak, or eat.

Initially medics told Mark he could have just three years left to live. But the fighter has defied this prognosis.

Remaining determined to make the most of his life, teacher Mark has managed to hold down his job at Newcastle’s Kenton School where he is a constant inspiration to staff and pupils.

And his incredible determination clearly struck a chord with Bean.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/actor-sean-bean-writes-touching-14097061

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
That's so SWEET and KIND of SEAN to write this letter. BEAUTIFUL !!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
That's so SWEET and KIND of SEAN to write this letter. BEAUTIFUL !!

:agreed:  That's very kind.