News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wizard World PHILADELPHIA  (Read 3031 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Wizard World PHILADELPHIA
« on: May 19, 2018, 03:10:58 PM »
Winter is here! Sean Bean speaks at @wizardworld! #gameofthrones #lordoftherings
https://twitter.com/DailyHeroNews/status/997930840465330178

https://twitter.com/VickyVictoriaG/status/997932882357374977

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 03:38:09 PM by patch »

Offline Janice1066

• First Class Exploring Officer
  • Sharpeshooter
    • Hopkinsfan.net
Re: Wizard World PHILADELPHIA
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 11:01:33 PM »
That's me and my husband in the last frame of the top video:

My head is turned to the left so you just see the back of my hair.

Offline Clairette

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Beanstalker
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 11:47:16 PM »
Here we see the back of your hair for almost a minute at the beginning of the clip

Winter is here! Sean Bean speaks at @wizardworld! #gameofthrones #lordoftherings
https://twitter.com/DailyHeroNews/status/997930840465330178

You had excellent places in the auditorium!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 12:00:31 AM »
Sean Bean on the Beauty of LOTR and his favorite GoT Moments
Sean Bean hasn't quite made the rounds on the convention circuit, but at his second appearance ever, at Wizard World Philadelphia, the Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones actor recalls his times spent as the two iconic roles of Boromir and Ned Stark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57uyxuvDEtI

Sean Bean Chooses What Sigil Would Represent House Bean
The legendary Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings actor (among many other iconic roles), is asked what sigil he would choose to represent his own house, that of House Bean, at Wizard World Philadelphia. The actor, at his second convention experience ever, delights the crowd with his answer during his 1001 Ways to Die panel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIs-vAU7pLM

Offline Janice1066

• Sharpeshooter
    • Hopkinsfan.net
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 12:03:11 AM »
You had excellent places in the auditorium!

Well, we went to the panel before Sean's and asked the attendant at the door if they made people leave the auditorium after each panel. She said no. So we sat through that one behind everyone and when the people cleared out of there, we moved down to the front to wait for Sean's panel.  :mutley:

I made audio recordings, but I don't know how well they turned out yet.

Offline Clairette

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Beanstalker
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 12:20:37 AM »
I made audio recordings, but I don't know how well they turned out yet.
Uh ... and can you just write a little that he was telling interesting?
I'm just almost nothing comprehend the English language.

Offline Janice1066

• Sharpeshooter
    • Hopkinsfan.net
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 12:36:08 AM »
Uh ... and can you just write a little that he was telling interesting?
I'm just almost nothing comprehend the English language.

I will be able to do that when I listen to the tapes, but right now I can't go into the room where the tapes are (husband is sleeping and I don't want to wake him up).

In the later part of this video from Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIs-vAU7pLM

Someone asked if Sean had to die the death of one character he's played, which death would he choose? He said he doesn't know because they have all been horrible, violent deaths. He asked the audience if anyone can remember one where he died peacefully. I called out, "Crusoe!" but he didn't hear me. He just died of pneumonia or some kind of fever in that, so it wasn't violent.

Anyone who wanted to ask a question had to stand in line behind a microphone in the auditorium aisle. I had been standing for most of the day so I was not going to stand again during the whole panel. But if I did ask a question, I would have said, "This fall in Medici: Masters of Florence we will see you playing a historical character who was tortured, hanged, dragged through the streets, thrown in a ditch, and dumped in a river. Will all of that be shown or will they stop with the hanging?"

I think it would have made the audience laugh, but he would probably have replied that he's not allowed to talk about it. :mutley:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 12:42:10 AM by Janice1066 »

Offline Clairette

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Beanstalker
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 01:03:17 AM »
Will all of that be shown or will they stop with the hanging?"
:catlaff

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2018, 08:18:22 AM »
WWPA2018 SeanBean Heroes
WWPA2018 Sean Bean Talks About His Personal Heroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHPHCpS0ahA

Offline Janice1066

• Sharpeshooter
    • Hopkinsfan.net
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 09:44:48 PM »
Here is my complete audio recording of Sean's panel discussion:

http://www.hopkinsfan.net/wizardworld/SBPanel.mp3

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 12:03:06 AM »
Sean Bean and the Memes He's Inspired
Sean Bean talks about the memes that have become synonymous with his roles with such characters as Ned Stark and Boromir in Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings, respectively. Taken at his 1001 Ways to Die panel at Wizard World Philadelphia 2018.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjwOH8YjBNI

Offline Clairette

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Beanstalker
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 01:28:01 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/amanda.hayman.3/videos/2437915012901016/
Amanda Hayman is with James Nevola at Philadelphia Wizard World Comic Con.
last Saturday ·
James asking Sean Bean a question!

https://v003.radikal.ru/1805/58/6181831309-5-f3447934ab72aa7fd8d745119a8c01e3.mp4

Offline Janice1066

• Sharpeshooter
    • Hopkinsfan.net
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2018, 11:57:41 AM »
I'm here listening to my audio recording of Sean's Wizard World panel, so I'll write a summary to assist anyone who needs some translation help.

----------

The interviewer introduces Sean as someone who has starred in countless productions but who we know and love best as Boromir and Ned Stark. He says that he also met Sean at the St. Louis Wizard World Con, and Sean confirms that the Philadelphia Con is his second one.

The interviewer says he'd like to hear how Sean's acting career got started and how it progressed from stage to television and film. Sean mentions taking an acting course at Rotherham then going on to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London and eventually getting into theater. He says when he performed Romeo and Juliet on stage there were only about six people involved so they doubled up to play the roles.

The interviewer wants to know if Sean would like to go back to theater. Sean says that you get a buzz from theater but you also get tired of repeating performances so he prefers television and films now.

The interviewer asks how Sean got started on British television. Sean says he enjoyed his role in "The Bill" and just kept looking for more chances to advance his career, first in television and then in films like "Stormy Monday" and "Patriot Games." He says he feels lucky and grateful that he had such opportunities.

The interviewer brings up "Goldeneye." Sean says that was quite an experience and an exciting time. He adds that when he's working on a big film like that he doesn't realize how big it really is until it actually comes out, which is good because that way he's not "shitting himself" while filming it.

The interviewer mentions the "Goldeneye" video game for Nintendo 64, where it was possible to play as 006. Sean remembers that he had a square head in the game.

Now it's time for questions from the audience. The first person asks what Sean would pick as a sign and a motto for House Bean (like House Stark or House Targaryen). Sean says his sign would be some kind of bean, and lists several possible kinds. And he decides his saying might be, "I've bean and gone."

The second person asks, "If you had to die like one character you've played, which death would you choose?" Sean says he doesn't know because they've all been horrible, violent deaths. The interviewer asks if there was any death scene that was fun to be a part of. Sean asks the audience if anyone can remember a death that was peaceful. I call out "Crusoe" but neither he nor the interviewer seem to hear me, which is probably just as well because Sean might not even remember being in "Crusoe." Some guy in the audience calls out "Boromir." Sean agrees that this death was heroic and that Boromir wanted it to happen as a way to atone for his sins.

The interviewer brings up Sean's internet memes and asks how Sean first became aware of people counting his death scenes. Sean says he wasn't aware until someone brought it to his attention, and jokes that now he feels like he's in competition with Christopher Lee for the most screen deaths.

The third person from the audience asks about Sean's memories from filming "Caravaggio." Sean says he has very vivid and fond memories of working with Derek Jarman and that it was an incredible experience.

The fourth person asks if there is any character that Sean has played who he wishes would have had a longer story. Sean jokes, "Yeah, all of them." Then he picks "Lord of the Rings" and "Game of Thrones" but points out that there's nothing you can do about it because you can't change the way the authors wrote those characters.

The fifth person asks what Boromir would have done with the ring if he stole it from Frodo. Sean says Boromir wouldn't have used it very well because he was under its spell.

The interviewer asks how Sean got the role of Boromir. Sean says he auditioned with Peter Jackson and did the scene where he tries to steal the ring. He was surprised and delighted when he got the part, and during the filming he enjoyed the New Zealand scenery and bonding with the other actors.

The sixth person from the audience asks about actors that Sean liked when he was younger. Sean mentions Ian McKellan, John Hurt, Peter O'Toole, and Richard Harris.

The seventh person asks what was Sean's favorite experience when playing Boromir. Sean says, "I guess, my death." He adds that the scene in the canoes was memorable because it felt peaceful and epic.

The eighth person asks what scene from Game of Thrones was Sean proudest of. Sean says he likes the scenes with the kids, the scenes with Mark Addy, and the scenes with Lena Heady.

The interviewer asks if Sean has kept up with Game of Thrones. Sean says he dips in and out of it and wants to get the complete set so he can watch it properly.

The ninth person wonders if Sean would revisit the role of Sharpe and maybe pass on the role to another actor. Sean says that at his age he wouldn't be jumping around quite as lively as he did 25 years ago. The role is close to his heart but he can't see it coming back as a series.

The tenth person wants to know if there will be a Silent Hill 3. Sean says he can't really see it happening.

The last person asks if Sean ever considered playing James Bond. Sean says there was some talk about it a long time ago, but he doesn't think it was his time back then.

The interviewer asks if there's anything Sean would like to do in his career. Sean says he just likes doing different things, and maybe he'll do some theater or a comedy where he doesn't die at the end.

----------

That's it! Hope this helps.

Offline Clairette

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Beanstalker
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2018, 06:20:01 PM »
Extremely interesting   You are very kind!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 12:53:15 AM »
Sean Bean (Ned Stark) @ Wizard World Philadelphia 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rryipxpjROA

Offline Janice1066

• Sharpeshooter
    • Hopkinsfan.net
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2018, 01:22:07 AM »
Great find! That's almost complete. She just left out Sean's arrival and exit.

Offline Janice1066

• Sharpeshooter
    • Hopkinsfan.net
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 02:07:49 AM »
At 12:08 minutes into that video, if you watch closely you can see him try to blow his hair to get it out of his eyes. He does it again at 14:49 minutes. I remember him doing that. I was thinking about it this weekend and wondering if I was just imagining things. Now I know I wasn't.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 05:48:12 PM »
THANK YOU Janice 1066 and PATCH for posting ALL THIS WONDERFUL SEAN NEWS FROM WIZARD WORLD !! LOVE IT !!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2018, 12:08:19 AM »
SEAN BEAN Signing Autographs Team Derek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CqKCnNJ0q4

Sean Bean Signing Autographs Team Derek 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5MuMPuw7-w