News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A memoir from the actor who played Rifleman Harris on Sharpe's Rifles  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
You guys remember Jason Salkey, right? He played Rifleman Harris and we have a number of photos he took in our gallery. He made and sells video diaries of his time filming Sharpe. http://www.riflemanharris.co.uk/  He is now writing a book.

This is the blurb from the funding site:
" From Crimea with Love documents the mishaps, blunders, incompetence and downright corruption that made Sharpe’s Rifles go down in British television and film production folklore for its tales of hardship, disaster and chaos only rivalled by the Ukraine itself.

Follow Jason and the cast of Sharpe through intense depravation, hardship and impending catastrophe until they become every bit of the jaded, battle-hardened soldiers we saw on screen. Tapping into his written diaries, photo journal and video log, Jason Salkey brings you an eye-opening, jaw-dropping insider’s account of one of the best-loved shows ever made."

You can get an e-book, a hard cover edition, and also other things if so interested. :) Link below.

https://unbound.com/books/from-crimea-with-love/

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren

"Follow Jason and the cast of Sharpe through intense depravation, hardship and impending catastrophe until they become every bit of the jaded, battle-hardened soldiers we saw on screen. "

I enjoyed his video diaries, so look forward to this.

(I suspect he meant "deprivation," but "depravation" works for me).  ;-)

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
Hehe. I thought he did mean "depravation"  :P