News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What it's like to die on Game of Thrones  (Read 582 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
What it's like to die on Game of Thrones
« on: April 28, 2019, 05:55:23 AM »
'There was no time to say goodbye and I felt really alone': What it's like to die on Game of Thrones
The actors who played Hodor, Ned Stark and more, tell Ryan Pfeffer what it felt like to be killed off on the show
Game of Thrones isn’t the first series to dispense of seemingly indispensable characters, but it has been the most prolific. The show decapitated its main character, Ned Stark, in the first season and has basically played Whac-A-Mole with its cast since. At least Sean Bean, who played the Stark family patriarch, knew it was coming, which seems to have helped lighten the mood. “It was a quite funny day really,” he says. “I think at one point I was walking around with my head in my hands having a bit of a laugh.” He found it refreshing that a show could have the courage to swiftly kill its hero. But even Bean could not anticipate what was to come: “I didn’t realise just how brutal it would be in terms of actors being slaughtered.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/game-of-thrones-deaths-hodor-ned-stark-sean-bean-killed-off-season-8-a8884906.html