News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sean on the radio  (Read 21784 times)

ladyblue

Re: Sean on the radio
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 07:20:29 AM »
 :heart: Love to hear him :)

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 07:40:30 AM »
Yes, he has a special, sexy voice.

Mike

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 08:02:36 AM »
Would you please stop I'm at work. OK have to make a phonecall

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 08:45:27 AM »
Yes, he has a special, sexy voice.

if he's on the radio or TV you can identify his voice from several rooms away -hidden radar..

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2008, 10:38:15 PM »
His voice always beckons me.

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 01:03:03 PM »
when I listent to him in spanish, for me he is another personne, only because I know his voice in sharpe

kimmy

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 05:49:55 PM »
His voice always beckons me.

To what, pray tell?

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 09:49:16 PM »
I can't answer that.  The  :elf will be after me.

Clarissa Dalloway

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 12:04:37 AM »
Oh, I'm in love with his voice and accent!! And he laughs a lot!!  It was a great idea to started my morning with this interview! I've never heard this one before. Thanks for the posting.  :thumbsup:

Katharine

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2009, 07:23:33 AM »
Couldn't open the link last night :furious: and finally :hellyeah2:
Oh I LOVE Sean's voice :flirt: Just his plain talking melts me :flirt: :flirt: :flirt:

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 07:53:51 AM »
Sean has the best, and sexiest voice of them all!

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 09:49:39 AM »
I agree

seanya_ro

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2009, 02:00:36 AM »
this is kind of offtopic, but i have to say it. yesterday i was watching national geographics, the romanian channel, and there it is... the voice i love! D-DAY TO BERLIN! i thought i would never have the opportunity to see it, nor to find it.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2009, 10:08:41 AM »
 :poorme:  In US, we got a version of it that was redubbed by someone else.  I've never understood that.  We've had PLENTY of WWII documentaries voiced by Brits, so why "fix" something that wasn't broken?

seanya_ro

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2009, 10:59:09 PM »
:poorme:  In US, we got a version of it that was redubbed by someone else.  I've never understood that.  We've had PLENTY of WWII documentaries voiced by Brits, so why "fix" something that wasn't broken?
this is at least the best thing on tv channels here in romania. they leave the original voice, adding only the subtitles. this evening the documentary was re-played, and i saw it from the begining. oh, holly voice :P

Katharine

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2009, 04:11:18 AM »

Maybe someone who had the right to "fix" it felt that Sean's accent is difficult to understand :crap :damnit

seanya_ro

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2009, 05:10:41 AM »
[quote author=Katharine link=topic=91.msg58699#msg58699 date=1254906678

Maybe someone who had the right to "fix" it felt that Sean's accent is difficult to understand :crap :damnit
[/quote]

It is possible, but the accent is the thing that makes him so special. me, i speak english as a third language, but i understand most of what he sais without wathcing the subtitles, so, for US it can't be that hard 

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2009, 10:38:27 AM »
That's because, unlike the rest of the world where its common for people to speak more than one language, the American viewing public in general is deeply rooted in the assinine belief that American English is THE only English that they need to know and understand.  Anything else, even a mild British accent, is just unacceptable as being foreign and therefore unpatriotic.  Obviously,  the Americans who are members here are among the minority, who find it refreshing to talk to people from around the world and simply adore Sean's Yorkshire dialect.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »
It's good to be in the minority sometimes.  I'm an American who cherishes getting to know the people here who are from all over the globe.  As I stated upthread, Sean's voice is wondrous.  I don't know of anyone who has a better, sexier voice.  There may  have been a couple of times when I didn't entirely understand every word he said--but who cares, with that voice!

tinytim

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2009, 01:30:45 PM »
There may  have been a couple of times when I didn't entirely understand every word he said--but who cares, with that voice

Same here, MF. I usually understand posh English at best, because that's what we learn here in school. Listening to a broad American accent is still difficult for me for example. But over the time I got acctually familiar with Sean's Yorkshire accent. It sound very charming in German ears - although I must confess that there are still interviews or even movies, I have till now no clue what he is talking about. lol Red Riding wouldn't have been understandable for me without an English subtitle. The same goes for Essex Boys and Fool's Gold.