News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just a note  (Read 184882 times)

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
Re: Just a note
« Reply #380 on: September 12, 2008, 01:11:50 PM »
 :coma:
thanks for this

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #381 on: September 12, 2008, 02:03:34 PM »
Nerm!  That's a great picture of him (on the horse). :fanning:

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #382 on: September 12, 2008, 05:30:31 PM »
Thanks--he looks very rugged and handsome in that picture!

kimmy

« Reply #383 on: September 13, 2008, 08:23:08 AM »
Thanks--he looks very rugged and handsome in that picture!

He certainly does!! :mutley:

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #384 on: September 13, 2008, 11:22:49 AM »
Patrick Stewart isn't bad, but he sure isn't Sean!

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #385 on: September 13, 2008, 12:13:59 PM »
He's got a lovely accent though .....

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #386 on: September 13, 2008, 12:44:29 PM »
Gorgeous deep voice...  *nods*

Mike

« Reply #387 on: October 02, 2008, 03:53:53 AM »
A bit old but I love it

Especially this.

Bean may be infuriatingly sexy, but you wonder about the price you have to pay to live with him. Anyone who's had four marriages before his 50th birthday should come with his own set of hazard lights. Drive him at your peril, Georgina.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20071209/ai_n21146483

Mike

« Reply #388 on: October 02, 2008, 03:57:35 AM »
http://www.astrochicks.com/2008/07/27/lord-of-the-rings-actor-sean-bean-arrested-for-assaulting-wife/

In relationships, he gets bored easily, and tends to have a wandering eye. Saturn in Virgo will transit his Venus over the next year. I would say his relationship is definitely headed for divorceville. On the career front, it’s smooth sailing.

We will see but I'm sure after it a lot of people won't be there. Gone forever.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #389 on: October 02, 2008, 10:03:11 AM »
A bit old but I love it

Especially this.

Bean may be infuriatingly sexy, but you wonder about the price you have to pay to live with him. Anyone who's had four marriages before his 50th birthday should come with his own set of hazard lights. Drive him at your peril, Georgina.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20071209/ai_n21146483

Haha!  Good article.  I like the earlier part:

The couple have been together for two stormy years, which included the night they were found outside a hotel suite in Los Angeles, covered in bruises and scratches after a boozy row.

"They've had the odd argument like any couple, that's part of the spice of their relationship," said a friend. Er, no actually.

Laying into your other half is not normal practice in healthy relationships.

Emphasis - mine... and so true... so sad...

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #390 on: October 02, 2008, 10:11:27 AM »
Bruises, scratches ..... The odd argument? Makes you wonder where they really come from.

Mike

« Reply #391 on: October 02, 2008, 10:23:19 AM »
Bruises, scratches ..... The odd argument? Makes you wonder where they really come from.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Offline ayllass

• The Powder Room
  • Ian's Treasure
  • Boromir's Nurse
« Reply #393 on: October 11, 2008, 02:58:50 PM »
That's very nice of him

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/local-west-yorkshire-news/2008/10/09/hollywood-star-in-tribute-to-sudders-86081-21998485/

Indeed it is - Adrian's story was a real tear-jerker, especially when his girlfriend decided not to get married. I really felt for the lad. Beanie's heart is in the right place

Famam extendere factis - By our deeds we are known

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #394 on: October 12, 2008, 12:26:11 PM »
we know where he'll be next 16 october

Mike

« Reply #395 on: October 13, 2008, 03:10:05 AM »
Yes it's very good that we know where he will be. Could be possible that he would make nonsense otherwise.

Mike

« Reply #396 on: October 13, 2008, 08:24:16 AM »
Famous last words:

Boromir (The Fellowship of the Ring, 2001)

Spock’s death was a good example of sacrifice being used as an emotive theme in a death scene. When combined with redemption, it becomes even more powerful and moving.

The character whom best exemplified this was Boromir, played by Sean Bean, an actor who can ... erm, die well, as he showed in 2002’s Equilibrium as well.

Sean Bean as Boromir in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings.
 The first part of Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings adaptation of the much-loved J.R.R. Tolkien classic was probably the most faithful to the source. What cinematic liberties Jackson took seemed to drive home the point of the story.

Boromir’s characterisation was a perfect example. He began to believe that the quest to destroy the One Ring was foolhardy, and the best hope for the forces of good would be for a brave and noble warrior to wield it. He attempted to steal it from Frodo (Elijah Wood), realising too late that he’d been subtly corrupted by the Ring, and his own pride.

Even his attempts to make amends by protecting Frodo’s companions fail, and the other two hobbits are seized by Orcs.

Boromir’s remorse and regret finally find expression when Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen), the rightful king whom he’d resented, forgives him as he lays dying. His redemption is completed with his last breath: “I would have followed you my brother ... my Captain ... my King.”

http://www.star-ecentral.com/news/story.asp?file=/2008/10/13/movies/2225247&sec=movies

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #397 on: October 13, 2008, 09:38:19 AM »
from "Gone with the win"
scarlett always says: tomorrow,it will be another day

and from "Apolo 13": Houston, we have a problem

Mike

« Reply #398 on: November 13, 2008, 06:22:23 AM »
If there is nothing new they start to talk about the weather. Even Sean.

Bean misses 'miserable' UK weather
Tuesday, November 11 2008, 00:18 GMT

By Michael Thornton

Rex Features
Sean Bean has revealed that he misses the British weather when he works in the US.

The Lord Of The Rings star said he pines for the UK's grey skies, his family and Sheffield United when spending time away from home.

"I miss a lot about England when I'm working away, even the slate grey skies," he is quoted as saying.

"I spend a fair chunk of time in Los Angeles and, after about ten days of warmth and unbroken clear skies, you start to yearn for a bit of good old British gloom and rain!"

He added: "Of course I miss my kids, and my friends and my mum and my dad and Sheffield United and my garden. The list goes on!"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a135225/bean-misses-miserable-uk-weather.html

So he likes rain and bad weather. OK dear come to my place and you get wet every five minutes. It's rainy, cold and windy. And when he was outside he can sit in my office and I have the sunshine next to me. Good idea. 365 days a year nice weather.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #399 on: November 13, 2008, 08:50:59 AM »
Almost every Sean alert that I got yesterday was this article about the weather.  It sounds like he would have a good time with you and your weather, Mike.