News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just a note  (Read 184859 times)

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: Just a note
« Reply #500 on: January 30, 2009, 02:08:51 PM »
I've read some of the criticism of WSC before, but that doesn't mean much to me at all.  If I only watched movies that got good reviews, I would be watching very few movies.  Among Sean's  movies that I've seen so far, of course I liked some better than others.  But I have been very happy to see all of them, as I slowly make my way through the list.

Thanks again for letting me know it's on You Tube.  I'm going to watch it tomorrow night (Saturday).  The computer may not be the ideal place to watch a movie, but at the same time, it lends a kind of intimacy to the situation.

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #501 on: January 30, 2009, 05:20:09 PM »
I know nothing about football, but I suppose with this film it's like with a lot of other films. They are not very realistic. I have seen nurses laugh their arses of about medical series, and I myself have laughed a lot about films about teachers. One in particular springs to mind, Dangerous Minds with Michelle Pfeiffer. Lots of people think that's a good film. As a story, as a concept, it's pretty good, but don't ever think the teaching part was realistic.
I enjoy WSC for the same reasons Sable does, and I have been told by my pupils, who know about football, that the football bits are not particularly good. They actually didn't mind, because they liked the love story. So, to each his own.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #502 on: January 30, 2009, 07:47:52 PM »
Since I know very little about sports, it wouldn't mean anything to me if the film is inaccurate in that regard.  I want to watch it because Sean is in it.  I look forward to seeing all his films and the diverse characters he portrays.

Soulmate

« Reply #503 on: January 31, 2009, 05:15:38 AM »
And I even think it must not only be seen as a sports-movie - it is a movie about dreams of simple, quite poor people and how they deal with their lifes (a bit comparable with The Full Monty for example). This is what I liked about the movie. And Pete Postlethwaite was brilliant too!

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #504 on: January 31, 2009, 10:09:08 AM »
Exactly, and I'm sure The Full Monty wasn't realistic either the way they portrayed it. If every film that was ever made, would have to be dismissed because of that, I think there would be very few left.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #505 on: January 31, 2009, 01:06:17 PM »
Every time I see Pete Postlethwaite, I think how much I hate him for killing Teresa in Sharpe's Enemy.  I really need to get past that and recognize him for the good actor that he is.

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #506 on: January 31, 2009, 02:15:10 PM »
Remember him in "The name of the father" with Emma Thomson

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #507 on: January 31, 2009, 07:56:44 PM »
I just finished watching WSC on You Tube.  It wasn't ideal conditions, picture wise.  I kept the viewing screen regular size most of the time since full screen was too unclear, so that made for a pretty small picture.  But despite that and the fact that it had to be watched in segments, I really liked it!  For one thing, Sean was in nearly every scene.  That's pretty rare in his movies.  To me, it wasn't so much of a sports movie, as it was a movie about relationships--family relationships and man and woman relationships.  And it was about a person wanting a different way of life.  I know that some people have said Sean was too old to play the role, but I didn't see it that way.

I liked his character, how he matured, and how he came to the realization that he loved Annie.  But he did have fun with that stripper too.

I confess to rewinding some of the scenes a few times.  I'm sure you all know which scenes I'm talking about.

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #508 on: February 01, 2009, 03:16:23 AM »
Ditto to all of that -including the rewinding!!
I had no idea how old he was when he did that until i read it somewhere. I also wonder how many times the scene with the stripper was 'fluffed' so that it had to be replayed. Didn't look too much like acting did it!??
It's great isn't it when you can tick another Beanie film of your 'must see' list.
What's next?

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #509 on: February 01, 2009, 09:11:13 AM »
That movie definitely was on my "must see" list, so I'm very glad that you told me about You Tube, beanyfan.  It's very curious when you look at the number of viewings for each of the 10 segments.  They vary widely in number, so a lot of people are just watching one or two segments and not the whole movie.  I don't get that.  I wanted to see all of it.

Since I'm trying to go through Sean's movies in order, the next one on my list is Airborne, but Blockbuster now says that is unavailable, even though it's still listed on their site.  Also in my queue is Bravo Two Zero, but that  says a very long wait.  I'm also having trouble watching  the Sharpe movies in order, like I want to.  Either they are in very short supply at Blockbuster or they are very popular.  The 2 that I've had in my queue for a while, Sword and Regiment, state that there is a long wait or very long wait for them. 

I've had to go back and select a movie I skipped over the first time, How To Get Ahead in Advertising.  I had skipped it since I heard it wasn't so great and Sean wasn't in it for long, but at least it's available, so I guess they'll send that next.  I'll probably also add Jacob, which I had skipped over originally too.  After these, I may have to go further into the future to find some available movies.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #510 on: February 01, 2009, 10:53:24 PM »
I also wonder how many times the scene with the stripper was 'fluffed' so that it had to be replayed. Didn't look too much like acting did it!??

ROFL!  There was an old, old, old interview somewhere for a Men's mag where Bean says they "fluffed" the Hurley showing her tits shot in Sharpe's Enemy many, many, many times.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #511 on: February 02, 2009, 01:03:37 AM »
I think its on the Fantasy Football show where he mentioned that shooting the WSC stripper scene took a whole day.  They wanted to be sure to get the best angles.

Yeah, right. :pigsfly

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #512 on: February 02, 2009, 08:00:37 AM »
When I was watching that stripper scene, I wondered how many times Sean purposely screwed up so that they would have to keep reshooting it.  It looked like he was thoroughly enjoying himself.  I can easily believe that they took a whole day to film that scene.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #513 on: February 02, 2009, 09:55:50 AM »
Sometime ago... someone found the website of the actress who played the stripper.  She talked a bit about the scene.  Did anyone save the link or download it?

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #514 on: February 02, 2009, 10:23:31 AM »
Here is her website:

http://www.rebeccanichols.co.uk/index.html

She says that her role as Sean's one night stand was "yummy!"
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:28:54 AM by moonflower »

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #515 on: February 02, 2009, 12:03:35 PM »
I love the way she describes the role as 'small but significant'. -bless!

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #516 on: February 02, 2009, 01:08:13 PM »
Haha.  Thanks, Moonflower.  Love the captions on the photos in her gallery.

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #517 on: February 02, 2009, 01:20:35 PM »
I love the way she describes the role as 'small but significant'. -bless!

Well, judging from the look on his face in WSC when he finds out she has the SUFC tat on her bum, she was pretty significant ....  :mutley:

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #518 on: February 02, 2009, 01:36:35 PM »
I think she would have been pretty significant to him no matter what she had tattooed on her bum.

Some girls have all the luck.

Mike

« Reply #519 on: February 27, 2009, 07:54:41 AM »
Sounds nice and yes they are right his voice is alluring and a lot more.

So it’s good news from the o2 camp, then. We credit Sean Bean’s alluring voice on the adverts more than anything else…

http://www.t3.com/news/o2-report-a-10-per-cent-rise-in-revenue?=38246