News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just a note  (Read 184725 times)

shalgerson

Re: Just a note
« Reply #540 on: August 31, 2009, 01:05:40 PM »
Just shows that she isn't much of an actress (at least in front of cameras)!  Any actress worth her salt would at least be able to ACT charming, happy, and/or supportive.  Maybe she needs a tetanus shot.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #541 on: August 31, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
*Snork*

I've always wanted to see video of her facial expressions to see if that jaw is fixed or moving . . . she looks like a grinder, to me.

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #542 on: September 01, 2009, 08:38:39 AM »
if you can, see the serie "Lie to me"

shalgerson

« Reply #543 on: September 01, 2009, 12:38:18 PM »
Maybe  :bride: is a grinder.  I would have thought that SB has spent enough on his own dental work not to want to potentially spend a lot on  :bride:'s!

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #544 on: September 01, 2009, 08:42:52 PM »

Watch it all the time, galamb - reading nonverbal language has been a hobby of mine for many years, so it's a lot of fun to watch.  People have so many 'tells' . . .

Like Sean and the nose rubbing when he's being less than honest in interviews.  Not the swipe under to catch the snot - but the quick, one-fingered rub along the side of his nose.  That, and the neck rubbing  and the occasional eye rubbing . . . and the stumbling over words . . . and the crooked smile accompanied by the small shrug (which looks ever so charming).  All those things indicate someone is lying.

Poor sod is an open book, though he never really says anything at all.  It sometimes amazes me how unaware he is of his 'tells' - you'd think an actor would have some training in these things.

And I'm not criticizing his falsehoods in interviews; the man is entitled to privacy.  It's just so OBVIOUS.

shalgerson

« Reply #545 on: September 01, 2009, 08:47:56 PM »
I'm not sure RADA training has influenced personal behavior for either SB or  :bride: very much.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #546 on: September 01, 2009, 09:01:55 PM »
I'm not sure RADA training has influenced personal behavior for either SB or  :bride: very much.

Good point!  :pink

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #547 on: September 01, 2009, 09:40:21 PM »
Heheheeee!  *snicker*  *snork*  *snerk*

We are straying dangerously ladies.  This isn't 18+  :P

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #548 on: September 01, 2009, 10:59:36 PM »
*blinks lashes, innocently*

Who?  Us?  We're simply having an intensely intellectual discussion about the efficacy of vocational training in later life actions.

Right, Shal?

*rubs nose*
*smiles, crookedly*
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 11:03:14 PM by lighty »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #549 on: September 01, 2009, 11:12:28 PM »
yeah, right...   :pigsfly

shalgerson

« Reply #550 on: September 02, 2009, 10:40:49 AM »
Oh, absolutely!!!!!!!! :bluecat

tinytim

« Reply #551 on: September 21, 2009, 12:53:05 AM »
THE INDEPENDENT:
Archie Bland: 'Sky may have Sean Bean doing its voice-overs, but ESPN have Steven Berkoff'

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/archie-bland-sky-may-have-sean-bean-doing-its-voiceovers-but-espn-have-steven-berkoff-1790628.html

Then Sean comes and Beanifies it at the end and the whole package is thoroughly satisfying.
:mutley:

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #552 on: September 21, 2009, 07:56:03 AM »
I wonder if Sean knows that he has "The Most Authentic Voice In England"?

I've never heard the word gruffles before. - "We know how you feel about it," Sean gruffles, "because we feel the same."  Maybe that's more of a British word.

I do like the word "Beanifies"!

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #553 on: September 21, 2009, 09:12:05 AM »
I wonder if Sean knows that he has "The Most Authentic Voice In England"?

I've never heard the word gruffles before. - "We know how you feel about it," Sean gruffles, "because we feel the same."  Maybe that's more of a British word.

I do like the word "Beanifies"!

I think he made that up - if you look up 'gruffle' you get
"to eat hastily, with great zeal" or
"the hair that grows on the lower back - proof of masculinity" (may I digress and say - ick.) or
"an evil red fire-breathing monster from a children's TV programme" or
"a type of food (in the Star Wars world)" or
"a curse word"

Cats apparently making 'gruffling' noises in their sleep . . . some singers have a 'muffled-gruffled' voice . . . a shaving cut might be called a 'gruffle', as well . . .

Ah!  Getting closer . . .
a rap singer named 'Supecell' has a "raspy, gruffled voice"

And then there's THIS:
1764. The Gender Bender
These are the ones who you either aren't sure what gender they belong to, or who give you serious cause to doubt that they've always been the gender they appear to be, or that they are the gender they claim to be. . .
Comment on this Co-Worker Type

# The sure way to tell is to look for the adam's apple. If there's one, then the person was born a male. -Jenzkind
# I worked with a "woman" who was very, very obviously not born a woman. S/he spoke with a deep voice and his face, though covered in make-up, was as masculine as it gets. S/he even had five-o-clock shadow. At the end of one call a customer called him/her "buddy" and in response, s/he said "Oh, I just hate my voice. Can't they tell I'm a woman?" Imagine that in a voice about the same timbre as George Clooney's. -CaffeineHead
# <deep, gravelly voice>"Hello, my name's Alice. I own my own security business."</Denis Leary> -missourimule
# 'And in a gruffle voice said Lola'. -TieDyedDinosaur

(YIKES!)

I'm gonna go with (making this up):
gruffle: a deep, gravely voice with a slight rasp

We need to come up with the perfect definition of Sean's voice, y'all . . . and a special word to describe it.  Then make it viral!

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #554 on: September 21, 2009, 09:58:04 AM »
ROFL!  ROFL!  ROFL!

And the best line is the sub-title!

The Couch Surfer: "If it were an honest ad, it would show a tubby fella in a Liverpool shirt eating prawn sandwiches"

Sometimes... I love the state of British Journalism.  The US... they are beginning to use the "F" word as a verb in what used to be high-class magazines.   *rolls eyes*  How that helps, I don't know.  The Brits shamelessly quotes it if used in an interview, but...

ladyblue

« Reply #555 on: September 22, 2009, 04:23:46 AM »

Watch it all the time, galamb - reading nonverbal language has been a hobby of mine for many years, so it's a lot of fun to watch.  People have so many 'tells' . . .

Like Sean and the nose rubbing when he's being less than honest in interviews.  Not the swipe under to catch the snot - but the quick, one-fingered rub along the side of his nose.  That, and the neck rubbing  and the occasional eye rubbing . . . and the stumbling over words . . . and the crooked smile accompanied by the small shrug (which looks ever so charming).  All those things indicate someone is lying.

Poor sod is an open book, though he never really says anything at all.  It sometimes amazes me how unaware he is of his 'tells' - you'd think an actor would have some training in these things.

And I'm not criticizing his falsehoods in interviews; the man is entitled to privacy.  It's just so OBVIOUS.

Actually, those can be signs of uncertainy to. My guess is there are both.

tinytim

« Reply #556 on: September 30, 2009, 02:29:19 PM »
Yery nice - after years Essex Boys, Clarissa and also Lady Chatterly will get a German DVD release in November.  Unfortunately Lady Chatterly seems to be a cut version (otherwise, if they have sorted out those embarrassing nakid-flower-and-happy-garden-hopping-scenes- I could live with it!!!!)

Two of the covers can be seen here:
http://www.bean-land.de/rg_sbbiofilmonews2009.htm

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #557 on: September 30, 2009, 02:41:38 PM »
I won't mind if he's going to look like that as Ned Stark.

tinytim

« Reply #558 on: October 01, 2009, 12:22:20 AM »
I won't mind if he's going to look like that as Ned Stark.

Me neither!!;-)

Mike

« Reply #559 on: November 25, 2009, 10:14:21 AM »
You may interested in this:

http://broomhillfriery.com/

scroll down to the pics of uncle Sean.  :mutley: