News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just a note  (Read 184984 times)

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: Just a note
« Reply #660 on: June 12, 2011, 12:01:18 PM »
The Goldeneye one is a Seamaster.  Its always been his favorite and the one he wears most often.  He was asked about his watches once and he said that he has quite a few but that one was his favorite.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #661 on: June 18, 2011, 06:30:48 AM »
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 06:39:11 AM by patch »

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #663 on: June 30, 2011, 10:33:23 AM »
I need a Sean Bean action figure like that.  What fun.
:hellyeah2:

Mike

« Reply #664 on: July 26, 2011, 05:42:03 AM »
Maybe you like to spend your money on this:

http://www.barringtons-swords.co.uk/lotr_swords.htm

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #665 on: July 26, 2011, 11:59:33 AM »
Ew... he put his entire hand on the roast...  LoL!

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #666 on: July 26, 2011, 12:44:18 PM »

What's wrong with that? Its not like he's working at a deli counter.  Its his own kitchen.  His hands look quite clean.  You could hardly expect him to wear rubber gloves in his own home.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #667 on: July 26, 2011, 03:08:33 PM »
I wonder what it is about Seamaster watches?  My dad has one that he bought in the early 60s - still wears it every day, even though something 'died' inside and it won't wind automatically anymore.  I think we could send it to Omega to be fixed, but he won't take it off long enough to do that . . . so he just winds it every day.

Very attached to that watch, he is.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #668 on: July 26, 2011, 08:15:42 PM »

What's wrong with that? Its not like he's working at a deli counter.  Its his own kitchen.  His hands look quite clean.  You could hardly expect him to wear rubber gloves in his own home.

Bet he grabs chocolate bars and they melt in his hand too.  Nothing wrong with that. Just me being fastidious.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #669 on: July 26, 2011, 10:25:01 PM »

Bet he grabs chocolate bars and they melt in his hand too.  Nothing wrong with that. Just me being fastidious.

I used to put chocolate bars in my back pocket (in the wrapper) just so they would melt. Then I'd very messily eat them.  Life was very good when I was a kid.

He could grab me anytime.  Bet I'd melt in his hand, too . . .  :howl:

Mike

« Reply #670 on: July 27, 2011, 07:57:25 AM »
What in heavens name have rubber glows to do with to Boromir's sword? And chocolate on his fingers? An interesting mental leap.

BTW he prefers biscuits so just crumbs.  :mutley:

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #671 on: July 27, 2011, 07:22:35 PM »
Ew... he put his entire hand on the roast...  LoL!

What's wrong with that? Its not like he's working at a deli counter.  Its his own kitchen.  His hands look quite clean.  You could hardly expect him to wear rubber gloves in his own home.

Bet he grabs chocolate bars and they melt in his hand too.  Nothing wrong with that. Just me being fastidious.

You'd better not come around my house any time soon then!  :mutley:  I have 3 counter-surfing greyhound/lurchers at home with their beady eyes on the roast...and if I'm not very careful.... a sneaky paw!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #672 on: August 05, 2011, 12:48:11 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2022778/Polar-bear-mauls-death-British-tourist-Norway.html

The starving animal killed Horatio Chapple, 17, as he slept among a group of 13 young explorers on the Norwegian island of Svalbard on a dream wildlife trip.

Isn't this the place where 'Far North'was filmed?

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #673 on: August 05, 2011, 12:49:33 PM »
Sure was!  It was mentioned that when Sean was filming there that there were soldiers posted around with large caliber rifles to keep the polar bears away.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #674 on: August 11, 2011, 10:06:35 PM »
To bad they didn't use people with guns instead they used an electrical wire that was suppose to sound an alarm if a bear got too
near. However it didn't work. So in the end they had to use a gun. Very sad story.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #675 on: August 14, 2011, 12:00:19 PM »
“Bill Murray drinks here when he is in Belfast and also Sean Bean, we don't like to disturb them for pictures or autographs when they are having a pint so we don't draw attention to them

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/pub-of-the-year-the-spaniard-belfast-16036322.html

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #676 on: August 17, 2011, 05:57:45 AM »
Sean Bean is one of my favorite actors. I have noticed that in every movie he has at least one noticable swallow.In Troy, trying to get brad pitts character to stay: In national treasure, after the stairs collapsed under the church. I've never noticed it with any other actor before. Maybe I am the only one who sees it.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000293/board/thread/187112577

Offline skippy101

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Super Fan
« Reply #677 on: August 17, 2011, 06:04:27 PM »
Yup his distinctive swallow is pretty well omnipresent in all of his films. I suppose an actor only has so many things he can draw upon to show emotion/reactions and that is one of his tried and tested. Onlly those with SBOCD would probably notice it.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #678 on: August 17, 2011, 07:04:31 PM »
Agree about the mannerisms - the obvious swallow and the nose-bridge pinch are his two biggies in the dramatic arena, followed slightly less often by the chin thrust.  The slight head cock and lop-sided grin are part and parcel of his more light-hearted arsenal.  Then there's the finger rubbing (seen most lately in his bedroom scene with Michelle Fairley in GoT) - and the non-existent ring twisting (always the left ring finger) that he does in interviews; I think that last may be a nervous tick.

And more besides - the guy is a bundle of mannerisms, actually . . .

Bless!  :goodgrl2:

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #679 on: August 18, 2011, 09:26:09 AM »
You forgot the heavy breathing .....