News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sheffield United  (Read 302108 times)

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
Re: Sheffield United
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2008, 08:58:28 PM »
SM - never saw the film, but I've got it on my list now.  It sounds really interesting!

Btw . . .

Blades beat Blackpool - 3-1 (away)!!!

COYRAWW!!

Soulmate

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2008, 05:46:57 AM »
SM- never saw the film, but I've got it on my list now.  It sounds really interesting!

Good - you so gonna love it !!!!! Let me know :-))))

Blades beat Blackpool - 3-1 (away)!!!
COYRAWW!!

WOW !!! I canīt believe it ! How did they do THAT? Was it a league-game or a cup-game?
And -if you listen to it, do they ever tell if there are any VIPīs in the audience? :-)))

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2008, 12:48:17 PM »
League game, SM.  We were 2-0 until the second half, when Kabba (who used to be a Blade) slipped one past Kenny.  I just listen, so I'm not sure, but it sounds like it was a sweet goal . . . no matter.  Halford came back and brought us back to 2 points up and that was it.

They haven't mentioned any VIPs so far this season.  I think they singled out a couple of people (not Sean) last season, but generally they don't do that at all.  Remember, he's back with the hoi polloi now, so they'd have to be looking for him.

Myowyn

« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2008, 12:35:50 PM »
They will be up, you'll see they want to be the best and they will do everything to  get this place!

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2008, 12:43:53 PM »
Ok so Sean will be a happy man at least up until the match tonight, as SU have won their claim over West ham about using players in the match that got them relegated in 2006.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/sep/23/premierleague.sheffieldunited

Looking forward to a Sean interviw about this.

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2008, 12:44:51 PM »
I think it will be very interesting, but SUF is still in first division....

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2008, 01:48:17 PM »
Match is just starting at Emirates . . .

I'll settle for a good match from the Blades!

COYRAWW!!

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2008, 02:53:35 PM »
It's only taken me a year but what does COYRAWW mean?

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2008, 03:52:10 PM »
It means "come on you red and white wizards" - supporters call at matches - the men usually end it with a strange grunting noise.  I haven't seen it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the grunting was accompanied by a bit of hip thrusting action.  Male bonding rituals are very, very strange.

Speaking of the Blades - they just had their collective arse handed to them on a plate by Arsenal's team of teenagers.  6-0

ouch.

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2008, 04:00:33 PM »
Oh dear. Shame they couldn't have magicked a better score. Maybe 30 million will make them feel a bit better.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2008, 09:24:53 PM »
It would sure make me feel better . . .

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2008, 10:26:14 PM »

Speaking of the Blades - they just had their collective arse handed to them on a plate by Arsenal's team of teenagers.  6-0

That wasn't expected?

*ducks*

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2008, 11:49:36 AM »

That wasn't expected?

*ducks*

The loss was expected by everyone - but a 6-0 drubbing is a bit more than a loss.  Still, it was by all accounts, a wonder to watch the teenagers; sounds like a couple of them are going to be legendary in a few years.  I don't discredit Arsenal at all - Wenger has enormous talent at picking and training up his players and he's had 12 years to hone his technique at the club.  That makes a big difference.  I dislike Arsenal and Wenger's management not because he's effective but because he whines when things don't go his way (and he still allows his players to act like thugs).

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2008, 12:11:50 PM »
Karma is a BITCH - and the Commission on Sport is declining to accept WHAM's new appeal.

I feel sorry for the WHAM players - none of this is their fault - but this chicken has come home to roost, for sure.

Daily Mail has the full text (very long) up here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1062051/EXCLUSIVE-The-actual-Tevez-affair-tribunal-judgement-FULL.html

Basically, it says that WHAM were in major breach of contract, both under rule U18, which governs player contracts; and B13 that establishes the rules under which a club has to make disclosure to the PL. 

Further, they agree that - despite WHAM's attempt to suggest that their ability to stay up was due to the team as a whole and NOT because of Tevez' participation - Tevez did lend substantial benefit to the club - at LEAST 3 points worth.  In essence, the tribunal agrees that WHAM would not have stayed up EXCEPT for Tevez' participation.

Snip from the intro of the article:
A compensation figure has yet to be set, but Sportsmail has revealed that Sheffield United are demanding Ģ30,396,897.32 after they were relegated from the Barclays Premier League at the end of the 2006-07 season and a Tevez-inspired West Ham stayed up.

I wonder where the 32p comes from?  Interest?  The cost of someone's antacid tablet during this fracas?

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2008, 12:27:20 PM »
It sure is an interesting sum of money. I read that all parties agreed when it went to tribunal that they would all stick with the result whatever. Can't go back on that now.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2008, 12:32:41 PM »
Lighty - you make me long for the days where I used to watch footie on the telly with my family and travel with my grandfather to away matches - and watch the Singapore team get their collective tushies handed to them in test matches by visiting UK teams - mostly first stringers though.

Heh... 32p

Offline ayllass

• The Powder Room
  • Ian's Treasure
  • Boromir's Nurse
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2008, 07:15:21 PM »
I wonder what mood Beanie is in when he gets home from a 1:0 defeat to Sheff Wednesday, like today (TV said he was there)? I'd make for the spare room Georgina....it won't be a pretty sight..

Famam extendere factis - By our deeds we are known

Soulmate

« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2008, 06:03:26 AM »
I think she got used to that mood already :-)))

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2008, 10:15:46 AM »
I agree.  She likes it (until she doesn't and calls the cops) and he doesn't have to behave like a grown-up.  For a man who by his own admission doesn't spend much time examining his own actions, he sure likes to linger over the results of a footie match.

*and in case you're wondering - no, I'm not thrilled the Blades lost to the Owls, either - especially with all the grandstanding from the referee, as that sort of thing always spoils the match.  But it happened.*

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2009, 01:14:41 PM »
Balm in the Bean household tonight??

http://timesonline.typepad.com/fanzine_fanzone/2009/03/sheffield-unite.html

"They have agreed to settle with Sheffield United, albeit out of court, and to pay the Blades in the region of Ģ15 to Ģ25 million.
A certain Mr Samuel, lately of this parish and a Hammer to the bone was very critical of Sheffield United at every opportunity. No doubt he and more will be crawling out from under their stones to pour more scorn on United, Kevin McCabe, Chris Morgan, Sean Bean, Junction 33 of the M1, Henderson's Relish, Bramall Lane and United fans in general."