News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sheffield United  (Read 301669 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: Sheffield United
« Reply #340 on: February 25, 2012, 11:33:10 AM »
Tweet from a Wednesdayite getting in the spirit of the Derby tomorrow!

Boycotting Jonathon Ross show tonight! Sean Bean is on. Oink!

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #341 on: February 25, 2012, 11:52:04 AM »
Tweet from a Wednesdayite getting in the spirit of the Derby tomorrow!

Boycotting Jonathon Ross show tonight! Sean Bean is on. Oink!

I'm sure both Jonathan and Sean were crushed - simply crushed. :mutley:

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #342 on: February 25, 2012, 12:38:02 PM »
These footie fans really take their alliances serious.  They don't like Sean because he is a Blades fan, well it is their loss.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #343 on: February 25, 2012, 02:58:47 PM »
Sean Bean in the Jonathan Ross Show

He's a guest of Jonathan Ross tonight.

Wonder if he'll mention the Blades & the Sheffield derby?

I reckon YES.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&act=1&mid=2115248661

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #344 on: February 26, 2012, 12:03:56 AM »
Interestingly, this is one of the first occasions I recall where he was not sporting a Blades badge on his lapel.

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #345 on: February 26, 2012, 08:53:05 AM »
Good catch lightly.  You are right he isn't.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #346 on: February 26, 2012, 08:53:17 AM »
Only one comment on the Derby.

:frustrate:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #347 on: February 26, 2012, 09:07:50 AM »
Only one comment on the Derby.

:frustrate:

Sheff Wed 1-0  Sheff Utd

2 comments   :frustrate: :frustrate:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17093412

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #348 on: February 29, 2012, 03:12:13 PM »
Listening to the match (we're tied - but it's a fight we shouldn't be having) and they report that Wednesday SACKED their manager!

Thirteen games to go - they're sitting in third, two points off the Blades in second (thanks to beating us on Sunday) . . . and they sack their manager???

Wow.

TayaTheWolf

« Reply #349 on: February 29, 2012, 03:35:46 PM »
Apparently the team were already looking for a new manager before the derby match so Megson is taking his case to the FA

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #350 on: February 29, 2012, 03:46:07 PM »

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #351 on: February 29, 2012, 04:55:06 PM »
Well, not complaining about the win (woot!) . . . but we kinda pulled that one out of our ar*e, you know.

I think Megson has a decent case, myself.

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #352 on: February 29, 2012, 06:00:38 PM »
I have tried to find these matches on radio over the internet but no luck yet.  What station do you listen to?  Maybe I can find it that way.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #353 on: February 29, 2012, 08:26:42 PM »
I have tried to find these matches on radio over the internet but no luck yet.  What station do you listen to?  Maybe I can find it that way.

najin, as far as I know, the only way you'll get to it (outside the UK) is via Blades Player.  It's a subscription service that allows you to stream the BBC Radio Sheffield coverage of the matches (Blades, plus many others, actually - though most of the Premier League is not available).

It is one of my necessary indulgences - I'd go nuts if I couldn't hear the games.  It's not horribly expensive, but it's not cheap, either.

Go here:  http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/Home and then click on "Blades Player" in the upper right corner of the page.

The subscription also gives you access to interviews, highlights of matches, and - when available - full video of matches (after the fact, of course).

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #354 on: March 01, 2012, 07:05:26 AM »
Thanks Lightly I will give that a try.  I get a lot of Spanish football on cable and then the occasional matches of English Premier league on ESPN.  Outside of that I have to watch my local teams and it is not a good quality game compared what is played outside the USA.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #355 on: March 01, 2012, 08:40:47 AM »
Thanks Lightly I will give that a try.  I get a lot of Spanish football on cable and then the occasional matches of English Premier league on ESPN.  Outside of that I have to watch my local teams and it is not a good quality game compared what is played outside the USA.

Cool.  Keep in mind, this is listening, not watching.  A bit frustrating at first, but after a while your brain shifts into mental visualisation mode and you sort of 'see' the action in your head.  The commentators are pretty good (not perfect, but pretty good).  Occasionally, they have one who gets too involved in watching the match and doesn't say enough - but that's rare.

TayaTheWolf

« Reply #356 on: March 01, 2012, 01:40:51 PM »
I found it quite interesting one time listening to a match. I had the F1 on the TV and was listening to football on my laptop and every time the commentators got excited by head naturally snapped from the tv to my laptop thinking I was going to see some football. My heart died a little each time I realised that I wasn't going to be seeing anything lol.

versusterminus

« Reply #357 on: March 03, 2012, 07:32:36 AM »
Is SUFC the only club followed here or do we have other fans with teams in the PL?

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #358 on: March 03, 2012, 09:51:18 AM »
Is SUFC the only club followed here or do we have other fans with teams in the PL?

Hey - go for it!  I suspect the only club that might get you in a bit of hot water would be Wednesday . . .  :evillaugh

I don't pay a lot of attention to the PL, because it annoys me that it's all about money and ego - especially with the top four or five clubs - but when jonsing to watch, rather than just listen, I'll watch PL matches (or European) since that's what's available.  I also watch MSL when it's on.

TayaTheWolf

« Reply #359 on: March 03, 2012, 09:53:10 AM »
I follow Wolverhampton Wanderers who are in the premier league...for now lol. Won't be if they continue playing like they have been. Grown up supporting them...family thing. I like them though because the top teams pay more for one player than the whole Wolves team combined lol