News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New CASH! Blog Article- We Need Your Opinion-Are Women Attracted to Bad Boys?  (Read 5642 times)

hklett08

Hi Everyone,

With Sable's generous permission and assistance, Jumpingbean and I would like all our friends from SBO to share your thoughts with us on "Why Are Women Attracted To Bad Boys?" This subject is one of the central themes that director and writer Steven Milburn Anderson explores in Sean's latest film CA$H. We want to give you an opportunity to voice your opinion loud and clear!

So post your thoughts in replies here and we will gather them all, and with your permission, post them on the CA$H Film Fan Blog. Ready? Here's your chance to have your say!

Why Are Women Attracted to Bad Boys?

In films, television and even real life, women seem to love bad boys. What makes a bad boy so darn attractive? Irresistible? Hot? Is it the risk, the danger, the rebellion? Are nice guys just boring? Too predictable? Unexciting? Just too…nice?

Since this all neatly ties into the Cash! film starring our favorite villain/bad boy Sean Bean we want to know what is it that attracts someone to someone so bad?

Most likely it’s been going on since the Caveman days. Kreve treats Woo-man with decency, respect and kindness. And most of all, love. He brings her flowers, hunts food, stays in at night, helps around the cave, all the things Woo-man dreams of all her life. Enter Thugg, who ignores Woo-man, bosses her around, konks her on head if she complains, uses her for sex, stays out with fellow cavemen all night, cheats on her with other Woo-mans in village, and wouldn’t know love if it hit him straight between the eyes. So why does Woo-man still choose Thugg over Kreve? ...Or does she???

Looking forward to hearing your answers!

Much Thanks!

HKL and Jumpingbean

:cupid

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
Hi Everyone,

With Sable's generous permission and assistance, Jumpingbean and I would like all our friends from SBO to share your thoughts with us on "Why Are Women Attracted To Bad Boys?" This subject is one of the central themes that director and writer Steven Milburn Anderson explores in Sean's latest film CA$H. We want to give you an opportunity to voice your opinion loud and clear!

So post your thoughts in replies here and we will gather them all, and with your permission, post them on the CA$H Film Fan Blog. Ready? Here's your chance to have your say!

Why Are Women Attracted to Bad Boys?

In films, television and even real life, women seem to love bad boys. What makes a bad boy so darn attractive? Irresistible? Hot? Is it the risk, the danger, the rebellion? Are nice guys just boring? Too predictable? Unexciting? Just too…nice?

Since this all neatly ties into the Cash! film starring our favorite villain/bad boy Sean Bean we want to know what is it that attracts someone to someone so bad?

Most likely it’s been going on since the Caveman days. Kreve treats Woo-man with decency, respect and kindness. And most of all, love. He brings her flowers, hunts food, stays in at night, helps around the cave, all the things Woo-man dreams of all her life. Enter Thugg, who ignores Woo-man, bosses her around, konks her on head if she complains, uses her for sex, stays out with fellow cavemen all night, cheats on her with other Woo-mans in village, and wouldn’t know love if it hit him straight between the eyes. So why does Woo-man still choose Thugg over Kreve? ...Or does she???

Looking forward to hearing your answers!

Much Thanks!

HKL and Jumpingbean

:cupid

Hmm.  Does she?  Good question.  If we're talking about Woo-man, Thugg, and Kreve, I'd say she chooses based on animal instinct.  Kreve, for all of his charming homo sapiens sapiens/metrosexual manners, is just too damned feminine to be a good protector; and since Woo-man probably spends the better part of each year of her short and miserable life pregnant, she needs  a good protector - not just a good provider.

Thugg, for all his Neanderthal ways, would clearly be the better protector - since he would see Woo-man as property to be protected.  Not terribly romantic, but evolutionarily sound. Of course, what seems to have happened is that Kreve eventually figured out that hanging with the home-boys was a hell of a lot more fun than helping around the cave, so he learned a few wooing tricks from Thugg and managed to endear himself to Woo-man with a newly developed (for the species) guile and charm combined with just a touch of 'this caveman got to have you NOW, woo-man!' machismo. 
Having a larger brain, he then figured out how to lure Thugg to a remote cave with promises of nubile young Woo-chicks panting for his particular brand of loving . . . and then conked him over the head and left him as cave-bear food.  So goes evolution - and exit the Neanderthals.

Fast forward to 2009 and we haven't changed too much on the inside.  Woo-man does not NEED Thugg or Kreve to protect her, but given a choice between the testosterone laden Thugg or the slightly soft-palmed Kreve (who knows entirely too much about feminine hygiene products and actually has an opinion about liquid versus powder foundation), she's probably going to swing toward Thugg when it comes to a partner for the horizontal mambo.
It's the reason why most women like to wear men's shirts, even though the sleeves hang down over their fingertips.  The same reason they get all gooey when their fella wraps them in his jacket at the first hint of a chill breeze.  We don't NEED to be protected, but we LIKE it.  We like men because they're not women - and we equate that 'bad' behaviour with their physical, mental, and emotional ability to take care of us in a pinch.

Which is not to say that we will tolerate ALL of that 'Thuggish' behaviour.  Unlike Woo-man, we don't have to tolerate being conked on the head or knowing that our man is shagging everything that moves - and for the most part, they know it.  So, really we don't choose Thugg so much anymore - we choose that Thugg/Kreve hybrid that understands decency, respect, and kindness.  He may spend most of his free time with the boys and he may rarely, if ever, tell us how he feels - but he comes home at night, keeps his trousers zipped, and understands that if he tries to conk us he'll get conked right back.  He also understands that sometimes we want a little Thugg in our lives and is more than happy to oblige.

(and as a side-note - if anyone knows one of those fellas, please let me know!  Way too many pure Kreve's in my neck of the woods . . .) *snork*
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:26:44 AM by lighty »

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
Heh... I think Lighty's covered it all.

ladyblue

As said before, in this topic, it does come from the earliest time of human existence, it is a primal thing, to choose a man who shows that he is not afraid, and can hunt with no fear and such, and that is that primal instinct that still lurk in women. And in men I guess that it is the womens productivity, gathering plants and make things comfy for the great hunter and being there at all times and produce kids, is the prime thing...

Today it is actually the same thing, but in different ways. We like it when they show that they CAN provide for us, even if it is not neccesary. We like it when they show that if a catastrohy happens, they are not afraid. It is in the genes, pheromones, or whatever. But we also like it when they show kindness, fairness and understanding, and that have to be one of the hardest things to balance for all of us.

Why women today like "bad boys"....there is so much that affects the "why", mental health, upgrowing, childhood and so on.

I like all men, just beacuse they are men, but then again, what is the definition of MAN today? This is a topic that can be discussed forever, with various outcomes, and I will not go there.

I like the secure, comfy, kind, fair, nice, mixed up with a little roughness, boldness, mixed up with a tiny batch of "bad boy"-man, but if I am cheated to, that man should be afraid...

hklett08

Hello fellow Bean fans:

Lighty and Ladyblue - thank you so much for your contribution and your wonderful and thought provoking answers. 

Sylvene, though I agree that both Lighty and Ladyblue have covered a great deal of ground on the subject, I certainly don't believe that they've covered every single opinion on this subject.  I know for a fact as a member of SBO that you all have strong minds and strong opinions.  That is one of the wonderful things about Sean fans and about SBO.   I can't imagine that of 221 members, there are only two opinions on this subject. 

Maybe you disagree with what lighty and ladyblue have to say?  Do you?  Maybe you disagree with the entire question? Courage ladies and gentlemen,  give us your opinions. 

This is all for the man who is our favorite Bad Boy -- Sean Bean. 

The producers of the film CASH! have approached us because they think we matter. This  is an opportunity to show them that they are right, that Bean fans do matter, and that we support his films in any way we can. 

I'll add my own thoughts to this discussion and hope this also generates some opinions.  Women have been saying for a few decades now that we wanted a man that was sensitive, that will help us around the house, that would listen to our troubles, and share our deepest thoughts.   What did we end up with?  Horrors!  The New Man (both good and bad) we ended up with is what the media describes as a Metrosexual:

http://www.howtodothings.com/fashion-and-personal-care/a4677-how-to-know-if-youre-a-metrosexual.html

Somehow many men today thought we wanted this type of guy, and when they find we don't really, are left wondering, what do women want?  So to get back to the question at hand...why do we say we want the Good Guy, but really go after the Bad Guy?

We know we can count on more of you to let us know what you think! 

HKL

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
I was speaking for myself in that I thought Lighty covered what points I would have made.

Offline exbill

• Bad Boys Club
  • Vronsky's Vixen

http://www.howtodothings.com/fashion-and-personal-care/a4677-how-to-know-if-youre-a-metrosexual.html

Very interesting article hklett08 never heard of a metrosexual before . .... and if I had not read your link I would probably have thought it was a guy with a fetish for underground trains.  Thanks for the enlightenment.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
I have been thinking about this for quite a while too, because all my life I had this attraction for bad boys as well. However, when I first discovered this thread most of the things I felt had been said already.

I don't go for the nice, predictable men who put out the garbage and help around the house. They are simply not interesting enough. I myself am quite boring so I need someone else to bring some excitement in my life and frankly, I rather have a bad boy who makes a lot of money so I can hire someone to do the housework. Then again, the bad boys in my life usually weren't very bad anyway. I probably just like stories about bad boys, like actors who play bad boys, but would never want to live with one. Is that why I'm on my own perhaps?

ladyblue

I guess this topic is much more complex, and I guess the exact answer on "why bad boys" doesn't exist. For some ladies it is a question of thrills, and for some it's about power. But for some unfortunate ones, it is about fear, and and powerlessness. I'm not sure that came out right....If a women is strong enough to handle "bad boys" that can be exiting and so, but if a women is not strong enough and live a life of submission and fear, and so on....So many wonder why those women don't leave, and I actually don't know why. Love, security, right and wrong treatment....

It is a harder question than you know, a more complex thing to consider. It is a confusing matter, and why some like bad boys and some don't, hmmm.....

hklett08

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we'll be posting the "Why Women Like Bad Boys" post on CASH! The Film Fan Blog sometime this weekend.   That means we will be publishing your very interesting   and thought provoking comments on the blog.

Thank you to Sable for her generosity and for giving Jumpingbean and I the opportunity to post our question on SBO.   Thank you so much for all who participated, we thank you for your support.   

If anyone else would still like to post their comments and thoughts on this question,  please do so.  We may still have time to include your thoughts this weekend, and we  also might be doing this again in the future.

With gratitude,

HKL

hklett08

Hello,

Wanted you all to know the Why Are Women Attracted to Bad Boys article is now posted on the Cash Film Fan Blog:

http://cashthefilmfanblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/why-are-women-attracted-to-bad-boys.html

As you can imagine, it would make a very long post, or longer, to publish all comments in their entirety.  Jumpingbean and I are trying to find the key to the elusive "Read More" feature, so we can hopefully make it possible for visitors to read your comments in full.

Thank you so much for your participation and contributions to this article and for your continued support.

HKL