News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Interview  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Janice1066

• Sharpeshooter
    • Hopkinsfan.net
Lord of the Rings Interview
« on: July 18, 2009, 12:16:41 PM »
I'm not sure if this recording was ever posted to this group before.  I learned about it recently from a poster on another group.   It was originally in .mov format, but I recorded it to .mp3 instead and edited out some advertising and music.  Basically it's excerpts from a Lord of the Rings-related interview with Sean where for some reason the actual questions he was asked were replaced with commentary for a program called SciFi Talk.  Enjoy!

EDIT: This link was no longer valid, so I've removed it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:59:36 PM by Janice1066 »

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: Lord of the Rings Interview
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 02:37:41 PM »
Thanks, Janice.  I always love to hear Sean's voice.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 04:09:36 PM »
Janice, I really appreciate you thinking of us.  There have been so many LOTR interviews that I thought I had seen only to find something new.  I wonder if we will ever see the end of them as they just keep turning up years afterwards.

Offline norskmom

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 09:47:19 PM »
Thanks Janice! :stars2:

hklett08

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »
I believe that other " poster  on another board" was me Janice - but thanks for posting over here as well.

Actually I just remembered that I did post it here before - probably no one looked at it:

http://seanbeanonline.net/forums/index.php?topic=2240.0

If any of you are interested in anything I may post elsewhere, I'll be happy to post here, if you are interested that is. Just let me know.

HKL
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 10:11:15 PM by hklett08 »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 11:24:43 PM »
Thanks, HK.  I think that sometimes things can get overlooked, especially when a lot of threads are very active at the time you post, but never doubt that all your posts are most welcome,  even if it has been posted before.  There are always new people who haven't seen everything and then there are people like me who may have seen something a dozen times, but every new time it gets posted I have to go and watch it or listen to it another dozen times.   :mutley:

Offline Janice1066

• Sharpeshooter
    • Hopkinsfan.net
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 04:19:01 PM »
Yep, you're right, HK!  Sorry if my acknowledgement was too vague!

I'm afraid I don't follow either of these groups closely, so I didn't know you'd previously posted a link to the interview here, and it was only by a lucky chance that I even spotted it on the other board!  I was asked to put my trimmed version of the interview there, so I thought I'd put it here as well while I was at it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 08:57:58 PM by Janice1066 »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 06:36:16 PM »
Long, short...whatever...as long as its HIM! and they'll all go into the Media archives.  Thanks again, HK and Janice.

Offline Janice1066

• Sharpeshooter
    • Hopkinsfan.net
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 06:51:52 PM »
 :agreed: And it never hurts to have additional file formats available for folks!

Edit so that will make sense: I just followed the link in hk's original post here and found that it leads to a webpage with a link to the file in .mp3 format.  When I checked it out before, I used a different, direct link that simply opened the file in QuickTime.  I assumed it was an audio QuickTime file and saved it as one, then converted it to .mp3 in order to edit it!  Wish I'd paid closer attention -- it would have saved a step!  :oops:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:23:47 PM by Janice1066 »