News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silent Hill sequell greenlit  (Read 8629 times)

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
Silent Hill sequell greenlit
« on: September 15, 2009, 10:53:22 AM »
Hollywood Reporter broke the news and Screen Rant picked it up:

http://screenrant.com/silent-hill-2-on-the-way-kofi-25744/

No word yet if Silent Hill 2 will be a direct sequel to the 2006 film or (like the games) a new chapter once again set in the town of Silent Hill; no word yet on whether Silent Hill director Christophe Gans will return to the helm, or whether star Radha Mitchell will be back to reprise her role (guess it depends on that direct sequel business).

No mention of Sean's character returning either.  But Christopher Gans was positively glowing when talking about working with Sean as "a beautiful thing".

ladyblue

Re: Silent Hill sequell greenlit
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 11:00:53 AM »
hm..wasn't Silent Hill that movie where she shouted the same name over and over and over again?

Lady Jane

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 02:42:27 PM »
I thought Silent Hill was crap. Sean was lovely in his role, but I never knew why he was interested in being in such a weak and instantly forgettable film. The part of "distressed father" could have been played by any man picked off the street, it wasnt exactly challenging or well written. Heaven forbid he be involved with the sequel, career suicide.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 05:08:57 PM »
I'll be watching Silent Hill again next month when I get it from Netflix.  I didn't care too much for it the first time I saw it, and had trouble staying awake, since that was before my Sean obsession.  Of course I'll love seeing Sean this time, but I'm not sure that I'll like the movie any better than I did the first time.  It doesn't seem too likely to me that Sean would star in the sequel, but who knows?

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 06:50:42 PM »
The Silent Hill games are all set in the same town, but do no "sequencing"  i.e. different characters, different stories.  So there's little reason for the movie that's based on the game, to "sequel."  The latest Silent Hill game revolves around Alex Shepherd, a soldier who has returned from a war overseas. Shepherd discovers upon his arrival that his father has gone missing and his mother has become catatonic. Joshua, his brother, is the only one who can provide solace, but he soon vanishes. The game chronicles Shepherd's search to find his missing brother - in the same town.  That would be a meaty part for Bean if he hadn't already bean cast in the previous mish-mashed Silent Hill just because the studio insisted on having a male lead as well as a female.

Offline Dusty

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 07:42:45 PM »
OK, that's really complicated for a video game. I long for a time when Pong ruled the earth... ok, maybe not, but Ms. Pac Man is still da bomb!  :butt:
Yes, I'm just a simple girl with simple tastes.
 :sorry:
On occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary ~James Nicoll

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 07:56:23 PM »
Much as most of us absolutely hated SH, it wasn't a disaster for either Sean or the producers: Domestic: $46,982,632 + Foreign: $50,624,821 = Worldwide: $97,607,453 and another 30 million in DVD sales in 2006 alone. Cost to produce: 50 million. So it actually turned a nice little profit. It furthered Sean's credentials in the horror genre and geek world. Its all a matter of how you look at it really, but SH was and is very respected in the genre.

The chatter on the geek boards about the planned sequel is that they hope they focus on Christopher to follow along with the second edition of the video game. Therefore, a second SH would be a good project for him as he would be the true lead in the film if they had the presence of mind to ask Sean back.

I have the idea that he actually LIKES that particular genre. He seems to have enjoyed himself on each one that he's worked on so far.

Listening to my neice, I understand that the crews, producers and directors on films in this genre are a lot younger, more relaxed and fun, so that could have something to do with it as he seems to enjoy interacting with young people.  One thing he really hates is for his work to be boring.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 10:21:31 PM »
Teehee!  You are reading the geek boards?  Then I'm sure you've read about fans of Metal Gear Solid, the talk of making a movie and Sean Bean for the character of Solid Snake.  But they've been talking about that since 2007.  :P

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 12:04:17 AM »
Metal Gear Solid, yes.  Last I heard they were shifting production of that film to China or Japan.  Sean's name comes up in talk about that all the time, mainly because all the gamers seem to thing that the lead character is based off of Sean.  I saw some fanart of both Liquid Snake and Solid Snake once that were both the spitting image of him.

Mike

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 03:04:27 AM »
I really, really hope that Sean isn't in that crap again.

It's time to light up a candle that he doesn't sign the contract.

seanya_ro

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 04:29:22 AM »
i didn't care much about silent hill. boooooring movie, so i really do hpe that he won't play that crap again. he was cute doing that part, but it's not him. i didn'tbarely recognised his talent.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 09:44:39 AM »
i didn't care much about silent hill. boooooring movie, so i really do hpe that he won't play that crap again. he was cute doing that part, but it's not him. i didn'tbarely recognised his talent.

That's because he didn't have to use it.  Still, as Sable pointed out, it probably made him a pretty penny (if he got a decent residuals deal) and he has a family to support and beer to buy . . .

Lady Jane

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 10:03:23 AM »
OK, that's really complicated for a video game. I long for a time when Pong ruled the earth... ok, maybe not, but Ms. Pac Man is still da bomb!  :butt:
Yes, I'm just a simple girl with simple tastes.
 :sorry:

Im with you Dusty. Im not a Gamer, hate all the violence and besides wouldnt have the patience. Love the old arcade games. Pac Man and Tetris still rock!!!!

Quote from: Sable899 link=topic=2463.msg57684#msg57684 date=125306258  he seems to enjoy interacting with young people. 

[/quote

Yeah, he married a spoilt child! Still, nice to know he has cred with the kids I suppose.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 10:11:23 AM »
Silent Hill gave him tons of cred with the young male crowd 18 - 34 in both the US and Japan.  Two huge markets action/horror movie wise.  So as much as anyone personally hates the genre or that particular movie, it was good for his career and pocketbook.

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 10:17:51 AM »
I've received an alert today talking about that, but without sean this time

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 01:53:49 PM »
Heh... Geek sites are hopping today... about the Silent Hill sequel and how it could be or they hope it's Sean Bean playing Christopher seeking his wife.

Offline Xenia

• The Powder Room
  • Ian's Treasure
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 12:20:15 PM »
 Just not this film, :badidea:, if he sign contract i don't know what i'll think about his brain. I understand that's his work, but he get his place in the sun and he must sort at least what  worth filming and what not.  Have a great hope he has a head on his shoulders.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 04:12:14 PM »
Just not this film, :badidea:, if he sign contract i don't know what i'll think about his brain. I understand that's his work, but he get his place in the sun and he must sort at least what  worth filming and what not.  Have a great hope he has a head on his shoulders.

Xenia . . . consider who he married and ask yourself again if he has a head on his shoulders . . .  :damnit

tinytim

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 12:35:56 AM »
I'm also not eager for watching one more movie I'm actually not interested in. If he's in my only hope is that Christopher gets a bigger part and more screentime at least.

CyntharianM

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 08:53:32 PM »
I wonder when this would be filmed.  Sean will be I believe in Ireland filming A Game of Thrones for a little while.  Course, he wouldn't be in the second season.  But surely most of the first.  (Since I would much rather watch AGOT than another Silent Hill.  :vomit:)