News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Red Riding  (Read 46183 times)

Lady Jane

Red Riding
« on: September 18, 2009, 01:30:20 PM »
Channel 4, England, are repeating the Red Riding Trilogy, beginning Saturday night. Will probably watch it again as there were a few scenes I didn't understand  first time around. My friend and I have endlessly debated the ending. She said the young gay guy died, and is a ghost on the beach, whereas I thought he'd just escaped his past and made a new start. She felt that he was the dead body in the shed, whereas I thought that was a flashback of the guys Father who had committed suicide. Definitely some creases left to iron out...

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
Re: Red Riding
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 04:24:03 PM »
Channel 4, England, are repeating the Red Riding Trilogy, beginning Saturday night. Will probably watch it again as there were a few scenes I didn't understand  first time around. My friend and I have endlessly debated the ending. She said the young gay guy died, and is a ghost on the beach, whereas I thought he'd just escaped his past and made a new start. She felt that he was the dead body in the shed, whereas I thought that was a flashback of the guys Father who had committed suicide. Definitely some creases left to iron out...

Err - LJ?  No offense, but we might actually get to see this in the US at some point (looks like it's been picked up) . . . could you indicate a possible spoiler, please?

:flirt:

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 04:25:44 PM »
I really don't think this was a spoiler actually .....

Lady Jane

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 04:41:42 PM »
Gee sorry Lighty, didnt know you hadnt seen it. Actually that wasnt a spoiler, not really. Isnt it on DVD by now anyway, why wait for it to be picked up?

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 04:57:00 PM »
Gee sorry Lighty, didnt know you hadnt seen it. Actually that wasnt a spoiler, not really. Isnt it on DVD by now anyway, why wait for it to be picked up?

Because I don't own a region free DVD player . . . and I'm not sure I want to pay for the trilogy, anyway.

I suspect there are several here that haven't seen it, though - and they may or may not care that there is a body in a shed (didn't know that) that may/may not be a 'young gay guy' (didn't know that) who may/may not have died and may/may not have reappeared as a ghost and whose father apparently commit suicide (didn't know that). . .

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 05:08:40 PM »
LoL Lighty.  Also... love the little shark!

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 05:15:45 PM »
LoL Lighty.  Also... love the little shark!

Isn't he cute?

LJ . . . don't worry about it.   Here - for a chuckle, some of my other favorite little pics . . .

and of course, my absolute fave . . .

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 05:33:17 PM »
Haha!  Yes, so very, very cute!

Offline exbill

• Bad Boys Club
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 06:00:35 PM »

(didn't know that) ..... (didn't know that)...... (didn't know that). . .

Alright own up ...who has been posting using Lightys name ...... :wellll:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 06:05:10 PM by exbill »

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 06:27:07 PM »
XB!  Are you suggesting I'm a knowitall?
:please
I'm crushed, I tell ya . . .

:blech:

:evillaugh

Offline exbill

• Bad Boys Club
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 03:18:26 AM »
Would I , a mere male suggest that !!  I just thought with the same unheard of phrase repeated someone must have hacked into your account. :flirt:

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 10:51:17 AM »
Would I , a mere male suggest that !!  I just thought with the same unheard of phrase repeated someone must have hacked into your account. :flirt:

Just remember - I CAN find out where you live . . .   :butt:

:flirt:

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 08:25:48 AM »
If there are any of you in the US, in the Chicago area, Red Riding will be shown at the Chicago International Film Festival (October 8 - 22). 

http://chicago.decider.com/articles/just-guessing-eight-possibly-enjoyable-movies-duri,33557/

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 11:20:46 AM »
so, enjoy it if you can

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 02:58:44 AM »
US audiences finally get a chance at seeing the Red Riding Trilogy on the big screen Feb 5th.  Those not able to see it will have a chance at getting it via VoD. I've got the films already but the chance of seeing it on a big screen is an opportunity too affordable to pass up.

http://www.fandango.com/redriding:1974_128311/movietimes?location=73072

Input your zip code to find if it will be showing near you.  VoD providers haven't been determined yet.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 08:42:23 AM »
I'm not sure if it will be shown near me or not.  The message I got said 'Showtimes are not yet available in your area.'  They said that I could sign up for an alert to be notified when tickets are available.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 03:58:58 PM »
Palm Springs Fest Unveils Extensive Premieres; opens January 7:

http://www.indiewire.com/article/2009/12/16/palm_springs_fest_unveils_extensive_premieres_last_station_to_open

Special Presentation: 
“Red Riding Trilogy” (UK) - A trilogy of movies based on a quartet of novels by David Peace.  The books (and films) are fictionalized accounts of the investigation into the Yorkshire Ripper, a brutal serial killer that stalked the Yorkshire area of England in the 1970’s and 1980’s. The three films – titled 1974, 1980 and 1983 were adapted for the screen by Tony Grisoni and will screen at the festival.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 10:15:06 PM »
Thanks!  The trailer does look very good, even though Sean was hardly in it.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 12:49:50 PM »