News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Red Riding  (Read 46180 times)

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
Re: Red Riding
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2011, 09:17:57 AM »
Just finished watching the last one of these.  I think he was absolutely superb in this.

I can't believe I still found him attractive even in those clothes and with everything else. I'm now wondering how bad would it have to get to be a deal-breaker for me?  I think I need to have a break from Sean for a bit.... :obsess

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2011, 04:48:01 PM »
I have seen them twice in the states.  They were played on IFC (independent film channel).  Great entertainment.  The writing was supurb.  Not actually easy to watch because of the subject matter and violence but excellent TV viewing.   :wrong

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2011, 06:46:30 AM »
it's a great serie

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2011, 10:55:39 AM »

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2011, 11:47:52 AM »
‘Red Riding’ Remake
Film Will Likely Condense Trilogy, Could Be Set In Pennsylvania

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/2011/10/13/girl_with_the_dragon_tattoo_scribe_steve_zaillian_was_considering_directing/

*SIGH*

It used to be that Hollyweird would wait a decade or so before attempting a remake - apparently the lack of screen-writing talent is now so great that they can hardly wait for the ink to dry on the original.

Imagination is officially dead, I think - all that is left is tired remake after tired remake - sexed up, more violence, more feeble attempts at 'edgy' to replace decent dialogue and *gasp!* plot.

Makes sense in a way, with the increasing number of talentless young actors and actresses; all looks and nothing else, incapable of being anything but themselves, creating an entire catalogue of "portrayed by" characterisations that put their own vapid personalities and lackluster performance abilities front and center at the complete expense of the character they are supposed to be playing . . .

*sigh*

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2011, 03:11:15 PM »
You are so right LIghtly.  THe are taking the 3 films and making it into one.  I am not sure what they are going to do with the story.  Red Riding did not get much play in the USA so maybe they are thinking folks will come out to the theaters to see it.  I suspect they will ruin the story and it will not have a lot of resemblennce to the trilogy.

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2011, 09:00:58 AM »
in  spain, red riding was in tv

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2019, 04:30:07 AM »
10 Years On, The Red Riding Trilogy Still Pulls No Punches

A decade after its release, Red Riding is bleak, powerful, and more relevant than ever.
When the Red Riding Trilogy first came out in 2009, I was a kid, too young to quite plumb all its depths. One scene sticks in my memory from that first viewing, though – a pair of jolly coppers turning up and, without a word, grabbing hold of the protagonist and smashing his hand in a car door. For those who might want to get off this ride, I’ll tell you now, that’s one of the least distressing scenes the films have to offer.

The recurrent toasts ‘to the north, where we do what we want’ now can’t help but evoke smutty fantasy series Game of Thrones and its campaign for northern independence – but coming as it does from a gang of crooks and perverts, it ends up a dark reflection of a show which at the time of broadcast did not yet exist. Another eerie Thrones parallel comes in that Sean Bean is present as lord of the manor, and, as is inevitably the case, killed off before the first act is over, although even death can’t put a stop to his legacy.
https://culturedvultures.com/10-years-red-riding-trilogy/