News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Something for the Teachers and historians here.  (Read 2506 times)

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
Something for the Teachers and historians here.
« on: October 15, 2009, 03:29:24 PM »
http://livingepic.blogspot.com/

I love this guy's blog about how he teaches the classics through games.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
Re: Something for the Teachers and historians here.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:48:14 PM »
Promise to check it out later . . . just got home from spending seven hours in the ER with my mum (admitted with a severe infection - probably C. diff).

Feeling relatively mindless at the moment!

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 10:36:40 PM »
I hope that your mother will recover quickly from her infection, and be able to leave the hospital soon, lighty.  I know how wiped out you are feeling.  I have been through the same thing with my mother a few times over the last couple of years.

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 02:16:55 AM »
Hope your mum's ok Lighty. Usually in the UK they come OUT of hospital with C Diff!

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 04:42:30 AM »
Sorry to hear bout that, Lighty. Hope she will make a speedy recovery.

hklett08

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 07:43:17 AM »
Sorry to hear about your mother Lighty.  I hope she's better soon, and you can get some rest as well.  Take care.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 08:28:04 PM »
Thanks, all.  Turns out that it's not C. diff (I agree, BF - I wouldn't be surprised if she brings it home and not the other way around).  They don't know what caused the infection (currently considering gallbladder because of elevated liver enzymes).  She feels better though and is loving all the attention she's getting.  Her doctor said she can hopefully come home tomorrow or Sunday.

I, on the other hand, feel (to borrow my own phraseology) like a piece of used fishwrap, between keeping her amused and taking care of my dad (who can't go to hospital to visit because he's on chemo and has no immune system anymore).  What the hay - what cannot be changed must be endured - MF, I know you know that one very well!

Off to catch up on my classes; my poor students probably think I abandoned them . . . will go to sleep tonight fervently wishing for some sort of totally awesome Bean news, as that would cheer me up considerably (something involving a change in his marital status would be nice . . .)!

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 08:37:28 PM »
Glad your mom is feeling better.  You rest up and we can all hope for good news!