News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Do the SBO rules mock any one or anything (ie: any other website) in any way whatsoever?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
16 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 19, 2010, 09:09:52 PM

Author Topic: Do the SBO Rules mock  (Read 11724 times)

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
Do the SBO Rules mock
« on: March 12, 2010, 08:09:53 PM »
Let me explain the reason for running this poll:

In case you didn't know, the SBO forums rules were created by a committee.  An accusation has been made (actually just against me, the SBO Webmiss)  that the SBO rules are mocking those of another website.  Maybe its my dry and sarcastic sense of humour or maybe its just one person's perception, that has caused this accusation to be launched, but I would really like to know what everyone thinks.  Please select yes or no and if you have anything to add to the subject, please post.

Offline RnRPaintGrL

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
Re: Do the SBO Rules mock
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 08:16:47 PM »
I'd really like whoever said this to step up to the plate and point it out directly. Where is the mockery and how is it directed at them or any group.
NO SABLE I don't want YOU to point it out, I want the person making the accusation to show us where and how. I've never seen any person or group being singled out in the rules of this site. I know we poke fun in general directions as individuals but I have never seen this as a rule nor have I seen this encouraged.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 10:16:49 PM »
Ummm... say what?  Are guilty consciences being active? 

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 10:53:12 PM »
I don't see anything in the rules here that would be considered mocking of another website. I don't get it.   

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 11:04:14 PM »
Hmm - without knowing more, it's impossible to guess . . . but I'm going to make a wild stab in the dark and say that the rule that raised ire is #12, since it more or less lays out the difference between SBO and some other places.

Differences.  Not mocking - just establishing guidelines. 

I can see how someone who is pathologically sensitive might feel that some other place was being mocked, but to call it mocking is just a way of avoiding that annoying slap of reality that strikes when someone realizes that a tightly held belief is - well - horseshit.

Probably the way those sailors who first traveled to the 'edge' of the world felt when they discovered that they weren't going to 'fall off' and there were no monsters, either.

So, no.  Not mocking.  Just gritty, human, reality based stuff that conflicts with pie-in-the-sky idealism.

tinytim

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 01:34:41 AM »
 :agreed: I have nothing to add.

Guilty consciences or just a unhealthy lack of self-confidence. I don't care about the reasons. It's in fact just utter nonsense!

Did my vote!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 01:53:42 AM »
I voted.I Don'tknow what else to say.
                                                            :huh???:     :shocked

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 02:56:49 AM »
Yep -what she said -pointing at Lighty!

ladyblue

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 03:32:25 AM »
I don't see any mocking (whatever that means, but I guess it means something about making fools of others?)

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 08:44:32 AM »
I don't see any mocking (whatever that means, but I guess it means something about making fools of others?)

Absolutely right, LB - mocking is making fun of someone or something (at their or its expense, in a mean way).

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 10:11:28 AM »
Everything I wanted to say has already been said. Let the person who feels he/she is being mocked, step forward and point out exactly what it is and where it is. As I see it, if people do not agree with our rules and rather go somewhere they have other rules, let them do so.

If I go to another site and read the rules and the rules are different from those here, I could for instance think I'm being patronized. That doesn't mean I am, just I'm a tad sensitive and not very sure of myself. I for me feel we have a great forum and the fact that there have never been any real problems, even with so many people participating, proves that. If you don't agree, by all means, go somewhere else and stop badmouthing or put your money where your mouth is.

shalgerson

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 12:32:21 PM »
 :shocked  Has **** secretly joined SBO?????????   :arrrgh: :bat: :furious:

:agreed: :agreed: :agreed: with ALL that has already been posted here!  Like RnR, I, too, would like the accuser to reveal herself and "step up to the plate"!!   :bat:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 01:17:16 PM by Blue Jay »

seanya_ro

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 12:48:58 PM »
i saw the post on facebook. who is complaining? i think we are having fun here and me, i have noting to complain of

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 02:36:19 PM »
:shocked  Has **** secretly joined SBO?????????   :arrrgh: :bat: :furious:

:agreed: :agreed: :agreed: with ALL that has already been posted here!  Like RnR, I, too, would like the accuser to reveal herself and "step up to the plate"!!   :bat:

Shal, no worries, as far as I know,  :bride: , she-who-must-not-be-named, is not a member of SBO.

shalgerson

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 05:08:29 PM »
Phew!!! That's good!!! If it was **** , I've a good mind to storm over to her board and give her a piece of my mind!!  :censored: :arrrgh: :viking: :kong: :explode:

CyntharianM

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 08:26:43 PM »
I voted no. :shocked  I didn't see the post on facebook, but I've never seen this board mock anyone or website. :huh???:

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 11:46:31 AM »
Jusat for the record, Sable didn't make any post on Facebook whatsoever. She has hardly made any posts at all. Someone must really have had their wires crossed.