News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Age of Heroes  (Read 116239 times)

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
Age of Heroes
« on: November 27, 2009, 02:10:51 AM »
Seems whenever I see a Brit actor I rather like, like Danny Dyer (Outlaw) or Dexter Fletcher (Band of Brothers) in something (Band of Brothers entire series has been playing over Thanksgiving) I usually go checking in on what they are up to.  Well, Danny has been quite active lately and has mentioned another project with Sean:

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/movies/Danny+Dyer-7809.html

- Finally what’s next for you?

I’m going to do a movie called Devil’s Playground a horror movie, and it’s not a horror comedy it’s a straight horror, and then I’m going to go off and do a movie with Sean Bean called The Age of Heroes which sees me playing a commander during Dunkirk. Again it’s something a bit different and I love Sean I worked with him on Outlaw. There is also talk of me doing Severance 2.

He said pretty much the same thing in an October issue of Zoo magazine (which I usually read a month late at Borders because its about $9.00 and really not worth the coin).

Lets go to work, ladies, and chase this down.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 08:16:45 AM by Sable899 »

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
Re: Age of Heroes...new role?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 02:27:00 AM »
mmm...uniform, short hair, clean shaven... :flirt:

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 07:20:32 AM »
A war movie with Sean sounds great!  I haven't heard anything about it.  I'm not sure if I've seen any movies with Danny Dyer.  I haven't even seen Outlaw yet.  It's on my upcoming list at Netflix.

Offline RnRPaintGrL

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 11:51:56 AM »
so this means Sean in uniform again? SQUEEE!!!!!! :damn:

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 12:06:22 PM »
Another WWII flick?  Sigh.  It could be interesting if they focus on the rescue aspect and those who were left behind, like the medics who tended the wounded - now THAT was truly heroic.   I could see Sean as one of the officers of the medic corp - they drew lots to see who would stay and who would evacuate.  They all wound up POWs (along with the wounded).

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 01:14:05 PM »
That would be an interesting story, lighty.  We've probably all seen war movies that are full of battle scenes, often graphic, bloody scenes with the soldiers being ripped apart by bullets.  To see different aspects of the war, as in unsung heroes like the medics, would be very refreshing and would be a reminder of the various people who make up the war effort.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »
Some of the stories of the common fishermen who went over to help pull out some of the soldiers are quite remarkable as well.  But, until we can run down some more info on this project its a bit hard to speculate.  Its supposed to be filmed in Austria, either in part or in whole.  So who knows.  Lets all start putting out feelers for info on Facebook pages, Twitters and anywhere else we can think of.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 02:33:21 PM »
Danny Dye has his own official website at www.dannydyer.com, but you have to register to get on. There is also a Twitter account linking to it: DannyDayerCom. I'm following to get the latest, athough I won't hold my breath as they aren't updating.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 02:34:52 PM by Blue Jay »

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 03:53:47 PM »
A tenner to join?  Hrumph.

I'll keep my eyes peeled other places.  Austria seems like a strange place to film something that took place at Dunkirk - it's kind of landlocked . . .

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 03:55:17 PM »
Austria is not only mountains, but then again ..... As you said, bit of a weird choice. Tenner? No way I'm going to do that.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 04:12:46 PM »
Yeah, ten pound for a 'lifetime' memebership (woot?) - I'd do it for Sean, but not Danny Dyer!

Does Austria have any really BIG lakes?  They could fake the crossing with that and a green screen . . .

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 04:14:54 PM »
There are lakes there, bit big enough??? Mmm....... Wouldn't think so, although they can do anything nowadays. They just filmed the big 1953 flooding here in Zeeland in a few big containers, so I suppose ...

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 02:23:12 AM »
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 02:26:36 AM by patch »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 11:10:43 AM »
Patch, that link takes you to Female First, a web magazine.  Here's the direct link and the bit about Age of Heroes.  Sounds like a reprint of the first interview:

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/movies/Danny+Dyer-7809-page2.html

- Finally what’s next for you?

I’m going to do a movie called Devil’s Playground a horror movie, and it’s not a horror comedy it’s a straight horror, and them I’m going to go off and do a movie with Sean Bean called The Age of Heroes which sees me playing a commander during Dunkirk. Again it’s something a bit different and I love Sean I worked with him on Outlaws. There is also talk of me doing Severance 2.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 11:25:44 AM »
Its  frustrating not  finding anything.But I like to click around so you never know what comes up.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 12:02:15 PM by patch »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 02:24:57 PM »
Never hesitate to post what you find, patch, you never know what might come up.  This article was a longer one than the first, even if it does contain the same stuff.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 11:57:06 AM »
Another version of the interview popped up with a few more details:

http://www.californiachronicle.com/articles/yb/139426478

"Then another movie with Sean Bean called The Age Of Heroes which is set in Dunkirk. I play a commando.

"I'm trying to get away from the gangster thing and hopefully that is going to help me do that. I'm doing a lead role and it's a trilogy."

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 12:23:24 PM »
what's the betting Sean doesn't make it through all three films!!

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 12:35:52 PM »
ROFL... Bumped off at the end of the first eh?

"My Brother... My Captain... My Commanding Officer..."

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 02:50:58 PM »
As long as they don't have him playing a German soldier - I don't think I could handle listening to him massacre a German accent (and he would - accents really aren't his strong suit!)

You know, I was thinking about films this morning and got to wondering why they have never (in the US) done a drama about an actor.  Not a crazy actor or a bad actor or a weird actor - just an actor.  Someone who has some ups and downs, some measure of success, some of failure - a look at their professional life and their personal life, etc, etc.  I think it came to mind because I had read an article about the new Colin Firth film "A Single Man" (which looks wonderful, btw).

Has that been done?  I could see Sean in a role like that.