News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Katherine Heigl to play Stephanie Plum  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
Katherine Heigl to play Stephanie Plum
« on: March 14, 2010, 01:09:25 PM »
It's been rumored for a while that Sandra Bullock might play Stephanie Plum, but it's now been confirmed.  Katherine Heigl will play the role and Columbia Tri-star is doing the movie.

For those unfamiliar with the series of books by Janet Evanovich... Here's a wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanie_Plum

It's romantic-action-comedy.  The books are dumb, funny, over the top... absolute escapist mind-candy.  I love them when I need cheering up.  My real interest is... who are they going to cast as the sizzling hot men in her life?  Morelli and Ranger???

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: Katherine Heigl to play Stephanie Plum
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 01:36:33 PM »
Ashamed to say that I've never read any of these books.  Whoever they get had better be young Bean types so that they will stay hot and sexy as they mature, given that there are so many of the books and the film will likely launch a franchise.

Katherine Heigl is gorgeous and quite a chameleon.  Blonde or brunette look equally good on her.  Saw her in The Ugly Truth last night and she's a great comedic actress who can switch to drama at the drop of a dime. Too bad she was cast opposite chubby chipmunk Gerry  Not a good match in my opinion.  :mutley:

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 01:45:47 PM »
I just watched The Ugly Truth last night too.  It seemed pretty much like the other romantic comedies that I've seen her in on the movie channels.  There are some cute moments, but for the most part, the movies are so predictable and pretty dumb--yet I continue to watch them.  They do provide 90 minutes of lighthearted fluff, which is just what some of us need at times, I guess.  Sometimes, it's good to put your brain and worries on hold and enjoy some escapism, even if you wonder afterwards why you wasted your time with a less than stellar movie, to put it mildly.  I have enjoyed KH on Grey's Anatomy for several years, and I also enjoy her in her movie roles, if I can get past the plot.

I'm not familiar with Stephanie Plum.   I just looked at the link and saw that the character has brown curly hair and is of Italian-Hungarian descent.  I wonder if KH will wear a wig or dye her hair, or if the character will become a blond like she is?  It may be interesting to see what a "spunky combination of Nancy Drew and Dirty Harry" is like.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 01:53:28 PM by moonflower »

tinytim

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 02:25:03 PM »
I've just listend to two English audiobooks of the Stephanie Plum series. I never heard of the author or her heroine before. What a nice coincidence. It's not really my usual reading or hearing stuff, but I could imagine it will be an entertaining movie, particularly with Heigl in the lead role.

shalgerson

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 02:35:39 PM »
I think I'd rather have Sandra Bullock in the part.  I'm just not that impressed with Katherine Heigl.   :agreed: the books are escapism and mind candy, but they are fun.  After all, who wouldn't want to be Stephanie -- sandwiched between two hunky men :catwalk  I guess I'm really more interested in who will be cast in the male parts -- a little eye candy to go with the mind candy!!