News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ca$h! News  (Read 31546 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: Ca$h! News
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2010, 01:40:56 AM »
From Cash Twitter

Look out for the CA$H Street Teams! They'll be at theaters/malls across the nation showing consumers our trailer... http://bit.ly/9yGcWU
about 2 hours ago via Facebook

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 01:43:41 AM by patch »

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2010, 09:58:53 AM »
With Pyke, it's psychological intimidation," Bean said. "He's the kind of guy who studies yoga, reads Nietzsche -- straight, uncompromising literature that he uses as his life's model. They have his money. He wants it back." 

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/thor-takes-boromirs-cash-sean-bean-and-chris-hemsworth-movie-opens-april-9th-nationwide-90015272.html

He's calling Nietzsche 'straight, uncompromising literature' ?  Uncompromising it certainly is, but straight ?  The man damn near invented the aphorism!  That said, I bet SB has this quote memorized:

"Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent" -  Friedrich Nietzche.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2010, 11:00:38 AM »
With Pyke, it's psychological intimidation," Bean said. "He's the kind of guy who studies yoga, reads Nietzsche -- straight, uncompromising literature that he uses as his life's model. They have his money. He wants it back." 

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/thor-takes-boromirs-cash-sean-bean-and-chris-hemsworth-movie-opens-april-9th-nationwide-90015272.html

He's calling Nietzsche 'straight, uncompromising literature' ?  Uncompromising it certainly is, but straight ?  The man damn near invented the aphorism!  That said, I bet SB has this quote memorized:

"Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent" -  Friedrich Nietzche.

ROFL, Lighty.  :)

shalgerson

« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2010, 12:40:22 PM »
 :bluecat Very apropos, Lighty!!!!  :bluecat

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2010, 01:03:28 AM »
From Cash FB

The Film CA$H! A real CA$H scenario in Chris Hemsworth's hometown! http://www.smh.com.au/victoria/100000-left-stashed-inside-salvation-army-store-suitcase-20100406-roeh.html

Police have charged a couple with "theft by finding" after they forked out a few dollars for a second-hand suitcase at a Melbourne Salvation Army Store that had up to $100,000 hidden in its lining.

The suitcase was donated to the Salvos in Beaconsfield by a woman who did not know her husband had hidden the cash in the bag's lining.

The distraught man contacted the Salvation Army last Tuesday in a bid to retrieve the suitcase but it had already been sold, Salvation Army spokesman Major Brad Halse said.

"He said his family had cleaned out a room and donated some goods. One of the items was a suitcase with a very significant amount of money in it," Major Halse said.

"I guess sometimes people store things of value in unusual places."

He said he could not reveal the exact amount of cash, other than to say it was in the "tens of thousands of dollars".

A review of records showed the suitcase had been sold to a person using an EFTPOS card.

But privacy laws prevented the bank from passing on the purchaser's contact details, Major Halse said.

Late this afternoon, Victoria Police revealed they had charged a man, 44, and a woman, 34 and that they had recovered most of the money,which had been put in different bank accounts.

- with AAP

Poll
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:21:58 AM by patch »

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2010, 09:02:28 AM »

That's a good call, lighty!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2010, 01:08:32 AM »
Was it difficult to get the producer and actors for this venture?  Says Chathapuram: “We worked very closely with our casting director, Heidi Levitt. She had drafted a list of 20 stars who would be appropriate for the lead role and Sean Bean was on the very top of the list. I actually hand wrote a letter to Sean Bean… and it worked!”

http://www.lassiwithlavina.com/24_7_talkischeap/hollywood-or-bollywood/html
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 01:10:12 AM by patch »

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
Was it difficult to get the producer and actors for this venture?  Says Chathapuram: “We worked very closely with our casting director, Heidi Levitt. She had drafted a list of 20 stars who would be appropriate for the lead role and Sean Bean was on the very top of the list. I actually hand wrote a letter to Sean Bean… and it worked!”

http://www.lassiwithlavina.com/24_7_talkischeap/hollywood-or-bollywood/html

Aw - that's cute. 

shalgerson

« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2010, 01:43:04 PM »
Smart girl to put SB at the top of the list!!!!  :bravo:  Is she, perhaps, a member of SBO  :hum:

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2010, 01:55:06 PM »
Smart girl to put SB at the top of the list!!!!  :bravo:  Is she, perhaps, a member of SBO  :hum:

Nah . . . just female.