News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Crimes against Sean  (Read 6992 times)

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
Crimes against Sean
« on: August 05, 2010, 11:16:44 AM »
Ladies, once again, some person, not on this board, has downloaded an illegal torrent of one of Sean's films before it has been released on DVD and has posted quite a few screencaps on another site.  That site's administrator is allowing the caps to be posted and in fact is encouraging this activity by asking to use them in that site's gallery.  The film hasn't even finished making the festival rounds and a decision is yet to be made if it will get a North American cinema release. I know that a decision is pending because I am in contact with the marketing director.  I want to restate my policy here concerning those activities and why you will not see caps of the film Black Death or Ca$h here on SBO until AFTER the DVD release date, either Region 1 or Region 2, whichever is later.

While I may be guilty of downloading torrents myself, you will never see any caps or clips from any film obtained in such a way posted by me anywhere on the web until AFTER the DVD release date and I have actually received a PURCHASED copy of the film.  You will not see any parts of them until both Region 1 AND Regin 2 DVDs are released. SBO has been privileged to be included in promotion efforts for a few films now and I truly believe that it is this respect that we give to the men and women who work so hard at producing films that has led to an increase in invitations to participate in these activities.  I have even received screener versions of a few films, not all of them Sean's.

Now be assured, my restatement and condemnation of these blatant infringements will be held up as mocking and scornful of other websites and I'll likely be kicked off of a board or two, and probably get some pretty nasty emails because of my stance on this issue.  I'm sure I will be accused of trying to tell other boards how to conduct their business.  Be that as it may, I know that those who complain loudest are those the most guilty of it.  Fansites have been left alone for many years when it comes to photo and media galleries simply because it means a lot of good publicity and is good for an artist's image, but when things go too far and people's incomes are affected by such blatant copyright infringement, you can be certain that they will start coming down on fansites.

If you disagree with my stance on this matter, feel free to trot on over to some other board and enjoy the spoils of someone else's unsavory actions.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: Crimes against Sean
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 11:20:07 AM »
Hear, hear ....

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 11:50:36 AM »
I absolutely agree with you Sable!!

Offline RnRPaintGrL

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 12:19:53 PM »
I don't really see what the fuss is about. The film will eventually come out sooner or later so why go to so much trouble potentially indictment? Nothing is exclusive anymore, be the first or be the last, it really makes no difference. Supporting someone with a public profession means supporting them with the best of your ability, not a race to be the first or the biggest.
You do what you gotta do, Sable. I'm here to support Sean.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 02:13:19 PM »
I agree with you, Sable.  I chose this site out of the few that I originally checked out.  I think I made a wise decision.  Even though I'd love to see any of Sean's work, I'll wait until the proper time to do so, whether I rent or buy the dvds or view screencaps here, when they are rightfully released to the public.

shalgerson

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 02:37:12 PM »
I agree with you, too, Sable!!  Would I have to strain myself too much to guess who the offending site administrator is???????  :evillaugh

Offline exbill

• Bad Boys Club
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 05:24:49 PM »
I concur entirely with you Sable .

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 06:02:08 PM »
You know how I feel about it, Sable - I've made it clear enough!  Thank you for reiterating your policy - and I hope that the shitheads (pardon my language but that's how I feel) get their arses handed to them on a platter.