News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Interview in Sky magazine  (Read 3749 times)

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
Interview in Sky magazine
« on: March 26, 2011, 01:52:50 PM »
With many thanks to the hard working fingers of Pthalo over on TMB, here's the content of a new article in Sky magazine:

Sean, is your character Eddard 'Ned' Stark a good guy?

Yes, he is. He reluctantly leaves his familly to help the King, but he's a fish out of water - not used to dealing with these kinds of cutthrouats and back stabbers. There is so much corruption, scandal and struggle for power, lying and incest.. It's a society gone wrong. Ned doesn't know who to trust. His downfall is his virtue - he's loyal and honourable.

King Baratheon, played by Mark Addy, is a bit like Herry VIII....

Yeah, a bit. He wants to enjou himself and gets Ned to do his work while he goes hunting or whatever. He trusts Ned as a loyal and honest friend - Ned feels the same. Mark Addy's a good friend of mine, so it was great working with him.

Your costume is impressive - was it hard to put on and get off?

We came up with some tricks after a while because there was so much lacing. Wer had these little clips which made it much easier to get in and out. We'd do anything so we could get up later in the morning!

There's some great dialogue in the show - do you have a favourite line?

'Winter is coming' - It's the Stark family motto. It means that in this world the summers last years, but then once winter comes, it will last equally as long So it's really hard then, really tough - it's like a dirrerent planet. 'Winter is coming' means things are going to get harder for nearly 20 or 30 years.

Someone insults your character by saying, 'Your older brother was trained to lead and you to follow' What is that about?

Cersei Lannister says that - we're enemies. I know she has a big secret with her twin brother Jamie, and I'm trying to get to the bottom of it.All the noble families around the throne are constantly plotting withtheir spies. There's an amazing variation of characters.

We think it's quite Shakespearean in style - do you agree?

Oh yes, it's a brilliant work - the way the author George R R Martin has put this together. He invented these characters with a whole new way of life, politics, religion, language - he must have an incredible imagination.

Was it daunting to take it on?

I suppose so - it's like playing Boromor in The Lord of the Rings. Withj any epic character, you're only going to get a chance to do it once and whatever you create is kind of set in stone. So, it's important to get it righjt!

How does the series compare to The Lord of the Rings?

The Lof the R had a beautiful, ethereal, magical qualityu to it, whereas GOT is much more brutal - it's certainly not for children. There's a lot of violence and quite disturbing scenes. There's definitely something that gives it an edge that you don't see very often in mythical tales.

Do you feature in any steamy scenes in the series?

Not really. I give my wife a kiss evefry now and again! But im'm not involved in any of the steamy scenes. I sound boring! Well, I kill a lot of people....

What are you doing next?

I just want a bit of time off. I'll lie in bed, watch telly, do some gardening and visit family. I have a cotytage in Sheffield that I'm having renovated. There are a few things I'm looking at for the spring, one is Hansel and Gretel. I'll be their dad - a good guy. I'll have to start playing some baddies again - I never thought I'd say this, but I might be getting typecast as a good guy!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: Interview in Sky magazine
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 02:20:05 PM »
Nice interview beanyfan, thanks!
Interesting to read about the Hansel and Gretel film.There are a couple stated on imdb.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1428538/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1479244/

And a shame about the steamy scenes!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 02:23:03 PM by patch »

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 04:22:49 PM »
Interesting!  Thanks for sharing.  :)   :thumbsup:

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 06:18:15 PM »
Thanks, beanyfan!  That was nice.  It's the first that I've heard of Hansel and Gretel.

tinytim

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 01:37:19 AM »
Nice read. Thanks, BF!

I'll have to start playing some baddies again - I never thought I'd say this, but I might be getting typecast as a good guy
Cute! lol

Way2prickly

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 04:25:33 AM »
Thanks for sharing!
I loved the bit about fixing his costume so he could sleep a wee bit later in the morning.  He mentioned sleeping again later - wonder if he was tired when he was being interviewed?   

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 11:50:58 AM »
Most of the time he looks tired to me when he's being interviewed. I liked this article, but I'm NOT happy about NO sex scenes
for him in GOT. I was really hoping for one with Ned and his wife.   :damnit

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 08:50:41 PM »
Most of the time he looks tired to me when he's being interviewed. I liked this article, but I'm NOT happy about NO sex scenes
for him in GOT. I was really hoping for one with Ned and his wife.   :damnit

There isn't anything in the book - the closest is a scene where he arises from bed naked - presumably sleeping in the buff or whatever.  I believe he dons a robe (is that right, Sable?) and stands, looking out the window while he has the discussion about accepting the position as the King's Hand (or some similar, serious discussion).

He thinks about - envisions - having another child with his wife, but that's only thoughts.  He's the pure good guy who has zero chance of surviving . . .

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 10:45:55 PM »
Well nude or naked would be great for me!!! I read almost all of the book ( not Ned's last scene ) and I know that he has
another scene in the Hand's Tower where he's nude. According to my old art teacher naked means that you are embarrass
or self-conscious about having no clothes. Nude on the other hand means that you are unaware of your body. In other words
your innocent about your state of undress. Sean alway's comes off as being totally natural and innocent about his nude scenes.
Which is why I ENJOY seeing him unclothed. Most actors would be more self- conscious about being bare.   :evillaugh

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 06:08:25 PM »
Pin-up girl Bettie Page is also ( according to her critic's ) said to have these same qualities. She was very natural and innocent
about being nude. Which is why she is remembered and most pin-up girls are NOT.