News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Game of Thrones Reviews  (Read 13413 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: Game of Thrones Reviews
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 01:01:33 AM »
Ned Stark (a brilliantly brusque Sean Bean) is clearly in hell in the world of Southern politics.  

http://www.theyorker.co.uk/news/tv/6951

Sean Bean also continues to prove himself to be the right choice for Ned by showing his character as a warrior, a father and a reluctant statesman. The scene in which Ned watches Arya train with the swordsman was particularly effective, just in the conflicting emotions on Bean's face while Ned contemplated what he had set in motion

Judging by the first three episodes, I think that "Game of Thrones" has the potential to be the greatest fantasy series to ever air on TV. And it's already one of the best new shows of the year, period.

http://www.craveonline.com/tv/reviews/167355-game-of-thrones-103-lord-snow

« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 03:11:42 AM by patch »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 09:17:25 AM »
Tonight’s champion, though, is Sean Bean, our world-weary lead. He is a soldier first, Lord second. He knows winter is coming and his face tells us all we need to know.

http://www.buzzfocus.com/2011/05/09/game-of-thrones-episode-1-4-review/

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 09:51:36 AM »
 :goodgrl2: Last nights episode was fantastic.  Sean really showed his acting chops.  He can do more with his eyes than any actor I have ever seen before.  Such express comes out of the blue/green babies.  He doesn't have to talk to convey what he is feeling.  Great job Sean.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:12:53 AM by Sable899 »

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 05:42:38 PM »
Sean is very expressive.  It's nice to read all these good reviews and to have the critics giving Sean his due praise.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2011, 09:08:56 AM »
It’s easy to say that Sean Bean is one of the best actors to grace this show and is a great choice for Lord Stark. A man from the north, stout and tall, ready to take on the coming winter. Sean is every bit the outsider in Kings Landing. Not used to the political game of thrones Sean does a fantastic job as the fresh eyed council member who’s every intent is to better the kingdom. You can see the hopelessness in his face as he witnesses King Robert drink and put the kingdom into further debt.

http://watchplayread.com/tv-review-game-of-thrones-episode-4-the-actors-part-one/

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 03:03:58 PM »
Sean is not usually described as being tall.  I do like what the reviewer said about him and his character.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 06:11:29 PM »
Sean is not usually described as being tall.  I do like what the reviewer said about him and his character.

Nor stout.  If Sean is stout, what does that make Mark?

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2011, 05:34:34 AM »
Chubby?

Mike

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2011, 07:51:28 AM »
super obesity?

If Sean is stout then  :pigsfly

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2011, 10:30:19 AM »
It does look like Sean put on some weight for this role.  His face is a little fuller than normal.  But I also suspect his costume gives him extra padding around his body to make him look fatter.  From the GOT interviews with Sean and Mark you can see that Sean took off any extra pounds he may have put on for the role.  But Mark is definetly plump. :hellyeah2:

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2011, 10:50:45 AM »
It does look like Sean put on some weight for this role.  His face is a little fuller than normal.  But I also suspect his costume gives him extra padding around his body to make him look fatter.  From the GOT interviews with Sean and Mark you can see that Sean took off any extra pounds he may have put on for the role.  But Mark is definetly plump. :hellyeah2:

It's interesting that if you compare waistlines in the photo of Ned and Littlefinger (walking in the garden), there is very little difference.  I suppose angles can be deceiving, but I think most of the impression of bulk comes from his slightly fuller face and the fact that he has to walk like a weight-lifter - arms held slightly akimbo from his body - because of the costume construction.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2011, 07:05:54 AM »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2011, 02:02:15 PM »
I think that those critics that are biased against the genre are even more nasty than usual because GoT is doing such a smashing job of being a success.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 01:10:07 AM »
Visually, “Thrones” out shines most Hollywood, big budget studio epics. The cast, led by Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage, outplays anything on television by a mile. The writing and depth of story is unmatched and without comparison. And, the scariest part? With each episode, it just gets better and better.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tv-den/2011/may/16/season-end-tv-round-/

Ned is a bastion of good intentions and doing what's right. This is a hard character to pull off; not only can the "type" seem too good to be true, but it tends to be one-dimensional and boring. There's something different about Ned, though, and it works. Maybe it's that bit of struggle so perfectly conveyed by Sean Bean's eyes, or Ned's constant bewilderment over how business works (murdering children?) in King's Landing
http://www.tv.com/game-of-thrones-crazy-aunts-sword-fights-and-chest-shaving/story/25854.html

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 01:05:45 AM »
Sean Bean is a far more capable actor than he’s been allowed to show in the series so far and I’m betting (and hoping) that by the end of the season, Bean will get a chance to shine.

http://unobtainium13.com/2011/05/22/review-game-of-thrones-ep-06-a-golden-crown/

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2011, 01:12:33 AM »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2011, 01:21:48 AM »
Review Episode 9

First of all, they cast Sean Bean in the role of Ned Stark. Bean is an actor with very naturalistic tendencies, and in a potentially showy role like Ned Stark, he was wonderfully low key and truthful

http://www.daemonstv.com/2011/06/13/game-of-thrones-baelor-review/

Offline skippy101

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Super Fan
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 09:59:45 AM »
Nice to see he can prove himself as an actor in the role of the good guy rather than the endless villain roles he normally gets cast in. Let's hope Hollywood and whoever now take notice and give him some more decent good guy roles. Fingers and everything else crossed.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2011, 01:43:51 AM »
Game of Thrones Season 1 Review

. It'll be fun to watch the success of the series influence the shows that other networks put out in the future. What further influence Game of Thrones will have on our culture, I don't know quite yet.

http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/cable/hbo/game-of-thrones/game-thrones-s1-review/62224

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2011, 07:29:09 AM »
Good review.  Thanks for the post as I had n   ot sen it before.