News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 'banned' CHSF TV ad  (Read 1579 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
'banned' CHSF TV ad
« on: May 10, 2011, 06:59:31 AM »
Watch the 'banned' CHSF TV ad.

We were refused permission to show this ad on ITV because the future of the Children's Heart Surgery Unit is deemed too political and controversial. The ad features Yorkshire's very own Sean Bean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykd0LB6jdlg

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
Re: 'banned' CHSF TV ad
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 10:20:41 AM »
So ITV's convoluted rules mean that they will continue to show adverts that contribute to kids overeating and becoming obese or game playing and becoming couch potatoes.   But they won't allow this,  even though adverts for the NSPCC are shown on a regular basis which could be construed as a lot more political in some areas.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 02:37:43 PM »
I'm downloading it now.  I'll have BJ and Syl post about it on SBO Facebook and Twitter.  It may not get any telly play, but at least it won't be silenced.

Available now in .mp4 format:

The Advert they don't want you to see
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 02:46:54 PM by Sable899 »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 12:07:30 PM »
I've pulled out the rants and put them together in a new thread "The NHS Conundrum" over in the Soapbox.  Please, do continue the informative discussion.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 09:12:17 PM »
I've pulled out the rants and put them together in a new thread "The NHS Conundrum" over in the Soapbox.  Please, do continue the informative discussion.

Thanks, Sable!