News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Emmys  (Read 9631 times)

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
Emmys
« on: June 05, 2011, 05:42:32 PM »

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
Re: Emmys
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 08:11:14 PM »
 :howl: :slyfox  Wow Blue Jay .  Great Post.  So does our boy have a chance????  Hell Yes.  But will he win, well politics is important here and Sean doesn't do that so who knows... :backout

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 01:40:25 AM »
It would be about bloody time!

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 02:59:13 PM »
Some may not think that awards are that meaningful, but I think it would be wonderful to see Sean nominated--and of course to see him win.

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 03:42:58 PM »
Well, I think it's high time he got some recognition like that. I was watching the BAFTAs a while ago and when I saw what actors/actresses get one, I think his is long overdue.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 08:27:13 PM »
I would love to see Sean nominated for this award!! In the UK he is constantly passed over in favor of other actors!!!
In my opinion Sean's the best!! He's a chameleon he can be anybody. He is able to become that characrter and he looks
different in each film project!! If he was the same in all of his movies people would remember him and he would be
nominated more often for awards!! :frustrate: :frustrate: :frustrate:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 01:05:36 AM »
Official Emmy submissions for Thrones

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/06/official-emmy-submissions-for-thrones/

n related news, Game of Thrones has been nominated for the Critics Choice Awards as best drama series! June 20, 2011, is the decision date

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 12:30:33 PM »
I hope he wins, in spain, a great succes

tinytim

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 03:01:52 PM »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Emmy Nomination Preview 2011
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 09:17:45 AM »
In His Favor: Sean Bean's reliable gravitas and sturdy star presence played a key role in simultaneously grounding and elevating "Game of Thrones" in its first season. Will he be able to capitalize on the show's success and move to the head of the Emmy roster? As something of a movie star, you know he has the respect of Emmy voters for daring to spend time in their medium.

http://www.hitfix.com/galleries/emmy-nomination-preview-2011-outstanding-lead-actor-in-a-drama?page=12#12

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
Re: Emmy Nomination Preview 2011
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 01:22:32 PM »
Looks like Digital Spy also thinks Sean should be an Emmy nominee and possible winner.  http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s151/game-of-thrones/tubetalk/a327025/emmy-picks-2011-outstanding-lead-actor-in-a-drama.html  Here is what they have to say.

Sean Bean ('Game of Thrones')
Speaking of fantasy, the show that revived the genre on television this year also boasted a number of strong performances, and chief among them was Sean Bean's turn as the noble Eddard 'Ned' Stark. It seems probable that, like Lincoln, Bean will be snubbed by the Academy this year, and that's a real shame. Game of Thrones was a big, populist hit for HBO and, given how the first season turned out, this will be Bean's one and only chance for a nomination. So could the English star win an Emmy this year or is that idea just (excuse the pun) pure fantasy?

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 07:49:23 AM »

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 05:29:09 PM »
Tom Selleckk won an Enny for Magnum PI in 1984 ???? I love Tom as a person and he's very likeable, but best actor ???
Basically he's this same guy in all his movies and TV shows. Which is very entertaining, but best actor?? Shouldn't he a little
bit different in a role to win this award?? Has he ever been the villain in any film?? Or a jerk, or someone with special needs??
How about a deranged or jealous lover?? Well there is one actor on that list who as played all of those types of people and
he did it BRILLIANTLY!!! Guess who!!!! :slyfox

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 01:02:51 AM »
Those TV shows that reap an Emmy nomination for Best Drama Series on July 14 must pick six sample episodes, grouped into three pairings, to submit to judges. HBO tells Gold Derby it expects to enter these half dozen episodes if its new hit "Game of Thrones" nabs the bid:

Pair 1: "Winter is Coming" Episode #101, "The Kingsroad" Episode #102
Pair 2: "A Golden Crown" Episode #106,  "You Win or You Die" Episode #107
Pair 3: "Baelor" Episode #109,  "Fire and Blood" Episode #110

http://www.goldderby.com/television/news/1683/can-these-game-of-thrones-episodes-win-the-emmy-battle-over-best-drama-series.html

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 08:52:05 AM »
It will be interesting to see if Sean gets the nod and what happens.   There is always some level of politics in these awards.  Sean doesn't play those politics but HBO does. 

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 05:19:23 PM »
If Sean just gets nominated I'll be happy. I want people in the U.S. to know who he is. My hope is that if he is nominated that
his films and TV shows will have more viewers ( in this country ) and he will get picked for better roles in the future. But your
right about the politics. :slyfox

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 04:08:47 AM »
Think about the challenge which faced Sean Bean. First of all, there’s the Lord of the Rings stigma which he had to shake off. Then there’s the fact that he had to play Ned Stark, a person of such sickening nobility and honor that he could so easily have been a flat and one dimensional preaching toe. Instead Bean played Ned Stark with a sense of poignant tragedy and we and he were forced to learn the hard way the lessons of the game of thrones: chivalry and honesty and goodness means nothing. The only rule of the game of thrones is survival.

http://www.daemonstv.com/2011/07/12/2011-emmy-nominations-predictions-best-actor-in-a-drama-and-comedy-series/

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 08:32:13 AM »
There are some really good actors being looked at for this.  Of course I think Sean should be in the mix hands down and probably the winner.  Yes I am biased but he is a really good actor and GOT was a very high quality production.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 05:40:47 PM »
Sean did have the hardest character to bring to life in GOT. He had so little to work with!!! Even his great looks were played
down, so he would come across as average. But he managed to make us love and relate to NED in a very deep and special
way. I hope people are smart enough to see what he created in NED and nominate Sean for best actor!!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 08:11:24 AM »
Game of Thrones garners 13 Emmy nominations!

The 2011 Primetime Emmy Award nominations were announced this morning and Game of Thrones was nominated 13 times! The biggest of which was being nominated for Outstanding Drama Series! Also Peter Dinklage was nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series!

The rest of the nominations came in the technical categories and include nominations for costumes, hair styling, makeup (both prosthetic and non-prosthetic), stunts, visual effects, sound editing, and casting. The fabulous opening credit sequence was nominated for Outstanding Main Title Design. While Tim Van Patten scored a directing nom for the pilot episode and David Benioff and D.B. Weiss were nominated for best writing for episode nine.

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/07/game-of-thrones-garners-13-emmy-nominations/