News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Random Sean Bean pictures  (Read 309417 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: Random Sean Bean pictures
« Reply #160 on: November 11, 2011, 12:06:30 AM »

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 12:12:17 AM by patch »

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #161 on: November 11, 2011, 08:31:16 AM »
 :thumbsup: :nananana:  :thumbsup:
Thanks Patch.  We can always rely on you to come up with great pictures and have not been seen before.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2011, 09:49:37 AM »
Another interesting set, thanks!

Where did the contact lens pics come from, patch?  I don't recall the scene (and he looks pretty expert putting them in - I've always wondered if he wore them - could explain the persistently red eyes that we are wont to ascribe to allergies . . . or booze).

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2011, 10:02:22 AM »
Where did the contact lens pics come from?

They're from Extremely Dangerous.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:03:57 AM by patch »

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2011, 10:40:01 AM »
Have to admit that I always thought he wore them, at least in his early career (until he could afford laser eye surgery or it bacame more common)

Isn't there a picture floating around of him as a kid with glasses.  I've always wondered how short sighted he is. (or even long sighted)

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2011, 10:51:24 AM »

Ah - thought that might be it; the lack of wrinkly's indicated something not recent and it was obviously a 'must disguise self' moment, which limits the options.

*makes note to self - might be time to watch this one again!

Thanks, patch!

Annie - I agree.  I think there is at least one close-up, higher res pic around where you can see the lenses (those big, soft ones that extend beyond the cornea).

I used to wear contacts (before I had laser surgery); now - like Sean - readers are my constant companion (though I've just read about a new surgery that presumably will correct presbyopia - http://www.osnsupersite.com/view.aspx?rid=88709 - might almost be worth it).  I remember, though, the bizarre red eyes I'd get while wearing the large contacts; the blood vessels would only turn red up to the edge of the contact, which was slightly larger than my cornea . . . so I had a weird white ring between the reddened sclera and my cornea.  Don't miss those things at all.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2011, 04:24:04 PM »
Thanks for more great pictures, patch!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2011, 12:05:28 AM »

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2011, 08:28:43 AM »
 :fanning: WOW.  What a selection.  His hands in the last picture are so sexy.  :pant:

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2011, 09:20:34 AM »
Oooo, oooo, freakishly large hands...cover a lot of territory quickly... :butt:

hurinhouse

« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2011, 10:50:15 PM »

Ah - thought that might be it; the lack of wrinkly's indicated something not recent and it was obviously a 'must disguise self' moment, which limits the options.

*makes note to self - might be time to watch this one again!

Thanks, patch!

Annie - I agree.  I think there is at least one close-up, higher res pic around where you can see the lenses (those big, soft ones that extend beyond the cornea).

I used to wear contacts (before I had laser surgery); now - like Sean - readers are my constant companion (though I've just read about a new surgery that presumably will correct presbyopia - http://www.osnsupersite.com/view.aspx?rid=88709 - might almost be worth it).  I remember, though, the bizarre red eyes I'd get while wearing the large contacts; the blood vessels would only turn red up to the edge of the contact, which was slightly larger than my cornea . . . so I had a weird white ring between the reddened sclera and my cornea.  Don't miss those things at all.

lighty, do you know anyone who's been through this new procedure?  hubby and i both had laser surgery perhaps 8 years ago.  while he's had no issues to date, i've found myself to need reading glasses at times.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2011, 11:21:03 PM »
lighty, do you know anyone who's been through this new procedure?  hubby and i both had laser surgery perhaps 8 years ago.  while he's had no issues to date, i've found myself to need reading glasses at times.

hurin - afraid not; my understanding is that this has just been approved (or is maybe still in trials - but getting close to approval).

I have not been able to determine if people who have had previous laser surgery for standard correction will be able to have this surgery, also.  With my luck, probably not. *boo hiss*

I had my surgery about six years ago - and while it was very successful, it apparently coincided with the shortening of my arms - so within a year or so I was wearing readers.  Since the causes of presbyopia are quite different than myopia and hyperopia, the surgery does little to relieve it - my doctor told me that it is very common for people of a 'certain' *erhem* age who spent their lives near-sighted to discover that they immediately need readers for close vision.

Doesn't seem fair, frankly.  I spent most of my life only able to see 6 inches from my nose without glasses . . . and now I need glasses to see 6 inches from my nose.

hrumph.

Anyway - I'm keeping a (blurry) eye on the progress of this new surgery.  In the meantime, you might ask your doctor if they can do a revision and give you monovision (one eye sees far and the other near).  I have a friend who has that, and while it took her a little bit to adjust, she doesn't need readers!

hurinhouse

« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2011, 05:43:27 AM »

Doesn't seem fair, frankly.  I spent most of my life only able to see 6 inches from my nose without glasses . . . and now I need glasses to see 6 inches from my nose.

agreed - the same scenario is coming into play here. 

thanks for the info, ma'am.  i'll wait it out a bit before drastic measures - the need for readers is recent for me and it's not often i reach for them... yet.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #173 on: November 22, 2011, 10:41:18 AM »

agreed - the same scenario is coming into play here. 

thanks for the info, ma'am.  i'll wait it out a bit before drastic measures - the need for readers is recent for me and it's not often i reach for them... yet.

My pleasure.  I'm glad you're not to the 'readers in every room, plus a pair on a string and a pair perched on top of the head' stage!

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #174 on: November 22, 2011, 11:14:28 AM »
I had one eye that was doomed to a life behind a coke bottle bottom glass.  It was a perfect candidate for Lasik, which I had about 8 years ago.  They corrected for a middle ground, so that I could comfortably work with multiple computers in the software test lab, which was also perfect for just about everything else but looooooong distances and extremely short distances.  Now days, I have a dozen pair of cheap low-level readers littering my home and office and a pair of prescription sunglasses that are kept in the truck just for highway driving.  Its really extremely rare that anyone sees me wearing either out in public as I easily do without.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2011, 11:36:47 AM »
I had one eye that was doomed to a life behind a coke bottle bottom glass.  It was a perfect candidate for Lasik, which I had about 8 years ago.  They corrected for a middle ground, so that I could comfortably work with multiple computers in the software test lab, which was also perfect for just about everything else but looooooong distances and extremely short distances.  Now days, I have a dozen pair of cheap low-level readers littering my home and office and a pair of prescription sunglasses that are kept in the truck just for highway driving.  Its really extremely rare that anyone sees me wearing either out in public as I easily do without.

*puts readers on to read post* 
*reads post*

ONLY a half-dozen pair?  Showoff!  :phbbbt

*takes readers off, muttering about people who can read menus in restaurants without glasses . . .*

:mutley:

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #176 on: November 22, 2011, 02:47:18 PM »
I can't anymore either. But I actually like my readers. You can get all kinds nowadays and I vary a lot. I have several colours to go with outfits.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 02:58:23 PM by Blue Jay »

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #177 on: November 22, 2011, 03:36:52 PM »
I'm just blind. I wear bi-focals.  :P

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2011, 12:11:43 AM »
Death Race 2

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 12:17:41 AM by patch »

versusterminus