News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mirror, Mirror  (Read 65556 times)

Offline Beanie006

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Fan
Mirror, Mirror
« on: July 15, 2011, 07:09:05 PM »
Sean in talks to star as king alongside Julia Roberts

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118040000
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:32:21 PM by Sable899 »

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
Re: Snow White
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 07:43:42 PM »
This movie is a go.  Not sure that his part is very big but the cast looks interesting.  We will have to wait and see what the director does with it.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 10:00:04 PM »
I suppose they'll give him more than "grieving widower who marries beautiful but haughty and cruel woman" and then disappears from the story (which is the sum total of his role in the fairytale).

Probably have him racing around on his horse, angst-ridden and angry when SW first disappears, leading the hunt for her; then grief-stricken when he is unable to find her; then . . .what?  Maybe - MAYBE they'll let him live to see his daughter married . . . but I doubt it.

I wonder if they'll have dwarfs?

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 12:42:55 AM »
I'm impressed that he's going to be in a Julia Roberts film.  Plus, its a good-guy role and a family-friendly film.  At least this one should have a decent cinema showing.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 10:06:08 AM »
I'm impressed that he's going to be in a Julia Roberts film.  Plus, its a good-guy role and a family-friendly film.  At least this one should have a decent cinema showing.

You're right, Sable - I'm looking at it the wrong way. *slaps self*

I read in one of the articles (the EW one, maybe?) that it is an 'action/adventure comedy' . . . that could mean a completely different take on the story - and with Nathan Lane playing the wicked Queen's trusted sidekick, I suspect that means outrageously funny.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 10:50:22 AM »
However, similar to a lot of the characters Bean has played in the past, the princess’ father still won’t be in the greatest of health by the end of the film

http://screenrant.com/sean-bean-king-tarsem-singhs-snow-white-sandy-123862/

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 11:18:20 AM »
I chuckled out loud when I read that line, Patch!

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 11:24:53 AM »
crap.

I'm sick of his playing doomed characters.  Really.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 12:29:39 PM »
II chuckled over this line:

Finally, Singh’s Snow White will feature Sean Bean and Julia Roberts as a royal married couple – that alone sounds strange enough to (almost) justify giving the movie a look.

They are making an assumption about Sean's character's health.  It may be just some skulduggery involving putting the monarch on ice.  One of those situations where Evil Stepmother has to keep His Nibs alive in order to rightfully hold the throne.  Or, we could get another great cinematic death scene out of our lad.  Whichever way the plot turns, this is one film I'll be seeing at the cineplex come premiere day.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 12:40:29 PM »
I’m not sure what happened, but I feel like I woke up one day and Sean Bean was cool.  Maybe it’s his starring role in HBO’s ‘Game of Thrones’ or his extracurricular bar fights, but Sean Bean has instantly become a hot commodity in Hollywood

http://www.flix66.com/2011/07/16/sean-bean-joins-lily-collins-and-armie-hammer-in-tarsem-singhs-snow-white/

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 07:20:35 PM »
Two Snow White movies coming out at about the same time, reminds me of last year when two movies about gods (Percy Jackson and Clash of the Titans) were released very close together.  At least Sean's movie will be coming out first, just like last year, but the auhor of this article seems to think that the second Snow White movie has better star power.

Adding a genre veteran like Bean to the ensemble still doesn’t help Tarsem’s untitled Snow White top the gonzo casting by rival production Snow White and the Huntsman, however. Not so long as that title still has the likes of Ray Winstone, Ian McShane, Eddie Izzard, Bob Hoskins, Eddie Marsan, Toby Jones and Nick Frost, as its dwarfs. That’s impossible to beat. At the very least, though, both White films have the potential to be interesting, and the ingredients to actually be great.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Sean-Bean-Follows-Game-of-Thrones-With-Tarsem-Singh-s-Snow-White-25721.html

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 10:57:47 PM »
So, will there be dwarfs in Sean's version?

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 03:46:54 AM »
Don't know yet.  If so, then surely they can come up with some notables for the roles that will rival the other film.  From what I've read, Tarsem Singh is the more reputable and proven director and his treatment is expected to be much more visually impressive that the other.  Just have to wait to see what the rest of the casting looks like.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 06:14:23 AM »
So, will there be dwarfs in Sean's version?

Each of the film’s seven dwarfs features a distinctive look and seems to be nicknamed by their costume. “Cowboy” wears a cowboy hat, “Wolf” is draped in animal skin and another wears a crooked top hat.

http://thefilmstage.com/2011/06/18/flurries-fall-in-first-promo-image-for-tarsems-snow-white/

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 09:51:02 AM »
I've received an alert here in spain

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 09:58:43 AM »
Well, Sean's role will be short, I think -

Exiled from her kingdom, she’s actively trying to win back her rightful throne and combines a blue dress with black, leather armor.

If Snow White is trying to 'win back' her kingdom, then her father the king is no longer on scene . . .

oh, well.

I'm not sure how I feel about yet another action figure warrior chick replacing a classically feminine character.  I get that it's all sooo yesterday to portray women as helpless, but do we have to go all the way to Xena the Warrior Princess every single time?  There is a middle ground.  I'd like to see a woman who uses her brains, rather than her ability to ride/shoot/stab/slash/etc. to win the day.  That's what real women tend to do - mostly because while the short term allure of shooting/slashing/stabbing/etc. is just as appealing, we recognise the long-term futility of that kind of response.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 12:55:31 PM »
But Lighty, then they wouldn't have any characters to model action figures off of, or, GODS FORBID!, fast food toys!

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 01:03:29 PM »
I do not see Julia Roberts in that kind of character.  Not sure she could pull that off.  It will be interesting to see what materializes.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 03:01:50 PM »
But Lighty, then they wouldn't have any characters to model action figures off of, or, GODS FORBID!, fast food toys!

:mutley:

I do not see Julia Roberts in that kind of character.  Not sure she could pull that off.  It will be interesting to see what materializes.

najin, I don't think the evil queen will be action figure material - she'll be more along the lines of Cruella deVille.  Snow White will get the 21st century girl-power make-over.  The handsome Prince will be very metrosexual . . . not "Spaceballs" Prince Valium snoozefest, but more than willing to let his girl kick ass and take names.  I can picture the action-packed finale, as the couple stand back-to-back swords at the ready, while the evil stepmother sends her minions in droves . . .

they SPIN! *swack!*
they DUCK! *swing!*
they WHIRL! *hack!*
they pause to turn and give each other a cheeky grin and a wink . . .

I will be gagging on my popcorn at that point.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2011, 04:22:39 PM »
ROFL, Lighty!

I read somewhere they'll be the seven rebels rather than dwarves.  Can't remember where now... linked by a friend via Facebook or Google+ most likely.  Since his appearance in GoT, bunches of people I know are following Bean's career moves.