News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cleanskin Reviews  (Read 7288 times)

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
Re: Cleanskin Reviews
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 03:57:02 PM »
Sometimes reviewers are full of themselves and have an elitist attitude.  It is as if they are above it all, and that is the feeling I get when I read this review.  The 5 minute trailer that I saw interested me and I did not see it as bad performances.  I am planning on seeing it, and might even buy the DVD when it is available in the USA.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 08:47:47 AM »
It did not cheer me up, but by crickey, it was a damn good thing. First of all does Sean Bean ever stop working? He seems to be in everything and always has a new film being released. He is always watchable and that was the reason I whacked it on.
Bean is also brilliant as the disallusioned agent who always seems distracted while thinking about what he has lost and what he has to do to get the job done.
Definitely a film to watch even if it is all a bit bleak.

http://www.liveforfilms.com/2012/06/29/cleanskin-review-sean-bean-fights-terrorists/

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 08:50:43 AM »
Now that is a reviewer who makes sense.  Thanks Patch.

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 07:52:46 AM »
Not totally bad reviews.  They sort of liked the film and did like Sean's performance, but had a problem with the script.  That seems to be the consensus of all the reviews.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 07:21:48 AM »
I also feel that a big screen presence like Sean Bean is always a good bet in a film like this and in the quieter scenes of reflection he does thrive

http://filmsof2012.blogspot.nl/2012/07/review-no130-cleanskin.html