News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Favourite Sharpe Lady  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Bethany2

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
My Favourite Sharpe Lady
« on: January 10, 2013, 04:59:23 PM »
I don't know if Sean Bean had a favourite character leading lady but for me (in the film version) it would have to be Lady Anne Camoynes played beautifully by the English actress Caroline Langrishe (also loved her in "Judge John Deed"). 

Why I have picked her, albeit she was only in a couple of eposides, is that out of all of them she did everything she could to help him and did it every time.

Yes I'm with Harper on this one "Lady Anne is very nice too"   

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
Re: My Favourite Sharpe Lady
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 06:24:05 PM »
Have to agree.  Of all the women he shagged, she was the only one who actually seemed to have his interests at heart - albeit, to the extent that it helped her, but she was never coy about that.

I liked the first (second, I guess) one in the books, too - Grace.  I think they modeled Lady Anne on her character.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 07:25:49 PM »
My fav was Marie Angelique Bonnet from Sharpe's Peril. She was just the right amount of saucy for him.

Offline Bethany2

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 11:16:46 PM »
Sable just couldn't quite take to the Marie Angelique character too spoilt and shallow - but she sort of came right in the end.  Very beautiful actress though

Lighty I think you are right there was a bit of Grace in the Lady Anne character, and according to the book Sharpe really loved Grace.

My apologies too.  I have just realised that I should have posted this in the "Sharpe" section.  Just forgot where I was at the time :damnit