News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future work for Sean ??  (Read 78596 times)

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
Re: Future work for Sean ??
« Reply #260 on: March 08, 2020, 12:40:07 AM »
I know I'm being selfish, and I know Mr. Bean is getting older, but do I ever miss the days when we would hear about new projects every few months that he would attach to.

I hope he does more films someday. I really miss seeing him in theatres. Back in highschool I would get goosebumps whenever he would show up on the big screen.

My dream film is to see a crime drama starring him and Michael Keaton together.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: Future work for Sean ??
« Reply #261 on: October 20, 2022, 03:44:45 AM »
Return to Silent Hill with a New Movie from Cristophe Gans
  We live in an era where video game movies aren’t all instantly awful. Sonic the Hedgehog, for example, has become an enormous Box Office success story – and even Uncharted wasn’t bad. With the Super Mario Movie looking awesome also, this is clearly a golden age for adaptations of our favourite franchises. But back in the heady days of 2006, that simply wasn’t the case.

Video game movies were terrible back then. Everyone assumed the worst when Cristophe Gans announced his adaptation of Silent Hill starring Sean Bean and Radha Mitchell – but it turned out pretty good. In fact, for the longest time, it was the best video game movie around. Obviously, that was faint praise considering the competition, but it’s still an accolade it deserved.

While sequel Silent Hill Revelation was nowhere near as good, Gans has had over 15 years to lick his wounds and return to the storyboard – and he’s come up with Return to Silent Hill. This film is still in very early development – no cast has been confirmed yet, and filming is still a long way away – but the story will be based on Silent Hill 2, which is obviously getting a remake on PS5.

Details are light for now, but Gans explains that he wants to create something modern, while sticking true to the blueprints of the game series. There will be familiar monsters, including the iconic Pyramid Head, although the director added that he aims to surprise viewers as well. He seems pretty confident about the direction and storyline, so now it’s just a case of getting it made.

We suspect this won’t come out for a couple of years, but it’s officially out in the open now. Have you got the stomach for a new Silent Hill movie? Hide behind your popcorn in the comments section below.
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/10/return-to-silent-hill-with-a-new-movie-from-cristophe-gans

Return to Silent Hill Movie Announced, First Details Revealed
https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/silent-hill-movie-return-to-silent-hill-revealed/

@SilentHill  Bring @SeanBeanOnline  back for the Return
 to Silent Hill. He's the connective tissue for me as an audience member.
https://twitter.com/FilmGamerOne/status/1582866156926701568