News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Enemy of Man  (Read 68834 times)

way2prickly

Re: Enemy of Man
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 06:46:46 AM »
As there's still no one cast as Lady Macbeth,any suggestions as to who would be suitable?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338258/
If Samantha Bond isn't available, how about Jodie Foster?

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 07:34:59 PM »
Jodie in period costume? My eyes still hurt from her Maverick wardrobe. I think Charlize Theron would be a better fit and her being South African will help. But, in reality, I'm pretty sure they'll go with a British actress who has done a fair amount of period costume work.

way2prickly

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 08:59:10 PM »
Jodie in period costume? My eyes still hurt from her Maverick wardrobe. I think Charlize Theron would be a better fit and her being South African will help. But, in reality, I'm pretty sure they'll go with a British actress who has done a fair amount of period costume work.
Please, please, please NOT Keira Knightly.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2013, 12:09:43 AM »
‘Enemy Of Man’: New Macbeth Movie Debuts First Official Image

Still waiting for an announcement on who will be cast as Lady Macbeth, a central character to the story

http://www.inquisitr.com/955303/enemy-of-man-new-macbeth-movie-debuts-first-official-image/

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2013, 03:42:51 PM »
What about Lena Headey?  If she would be able to work around her schedule on Game of Thrones.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 09:02:25 PM »
Please, please, please NOT Keira Knightly.

Remember Jodie Foster in Sommersby?  Slightly better than Maverick . . . but she's no Lady McBeth.  I'd love to see Tilda Swinton in this role.
If they choose that 100% hack Knightly, I may skip it. 

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2013, 09:48:56 AM »
Suranne Jones springs to mind. I've not seen her in any Shakespeare but she does a good hard yet vulnerable, conflicted mind type of character.

Offline Cora

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2013, 11:34:12 PM »
@ lighty

My vote goes for Tilda, too!

I finally sat down and watched "The Duchess" the other night. Knightley's performance was nothing more than a very odd collection of facial expressions. It was the first time I became fully aware of just how limited her talents are.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 03:39:32 AM »
NOT a Tilda Swinton fan. She's just plain creepy and too androgynous for my taste. Lady M is definitely not androgynous. She's all woman. Tilda is missing that one great essential that is generally attributed to Lady M: a nice rack.  No question about it. Tilda is about as sensuous as a cockroach on jello. Lena would be an acceptable choice. Knightley is far too young besides being simply a terrible actress/ I can't see her getting her deformed mouth around Shakespearean dialogue. Lady M needs to be close to her husband's age. But, my fav is still Samantha Bond. She's an experienced Shakespearean actress, already knows the lines and has proven she has great chemistry with Sean. I wouldn't mind Catherine Tate or Juliette Aubrey either. And don't forget Joanna Lumley.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2013, 09:52:10 AM »
NOT a Tilda Swinton fan. She's just plain creepy and too androgynous for my taste. Lady M is definitely not androgynous. She's all woman. Tilda is missing that one great essential that is generally attributed to Lady M: a nice rack.  No question about it. Tilda is about as sensuous as a cockroach on jello. Lena would be an acceptable choice. Knightley is far too young besides being simply a terrible actress/ I can't see her getting her deformed mouth around Shakespearean dialogue. Lady M needs to be close to her husband's age. But, my fav is still Samantha Bond. She's an experienced Shakespearean actress, already knows the lines and has proven she has great chemistry with Sean. I wouldn't mind Catherine Tate or Juliette Aubrey either. And don't forget Joanna Lumley.

Yeah, Swinton is creepy - but she's a very good actress and comfortable with dramatic roles (which would be my concern with Tate and Lumley).  Her androgyny might actually play well for the character, as L MacB is classically seen as conflicted between her femininity and her ambition, to the point of wishing that her menstrual blood would stop flowing as she sees it as a weakness (Act 1, scene 5, 40-54).

I agree that Samantha Bond would be super for this, if only because of the history of the pair.  I have a sneaking suspicion that the director is going to downplay the role, though, in favor of more swords and testosterone.  That would be a shame, because L McB is the real villain of the piece, IMO.

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 10:47:25 AM »
Tate possibly, Lumley No - she's far too old and I'm not convinced she could carry it off.

I suspect it depends on who's available and whether they fancy the locations.  As far as I could see Serbia and Scotland appeared to be in the mix and neither are going to be comfortable in January.  (which could be a plus point for Swinton as she lives in Nairn - near Inverness)

Offline Beanfan

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 01:04:34 PM »
I'm so happy that the project will come true!! :damn:
What about Cate Blanchett as Lady M.?

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2013, 03:16:17 AM »
@roopeshparekh Line Producer & Unit Production Manager
...The cast is phenomenal; I'm very excited about this Enemy of Man..
.., esp the crew..  got some competition with Fassbender's Macbeth, wonder how they feel about that

Roopesh Parekh
Yep, we know about that one and we wish them all the very best. We're just focused on our own thing.

...and who is Lady Macbeth?  Charlotte's name is no longer on the imdb

Roopesh Parekh
 I meant I know we need a Lady.  In talks at the moment x
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 03:17:54 AM by patch »

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2013, 07:37:07 PM »
OK, so I guess we'll know soon who Lady Macbeth will be. I hope it's Samatha Bond, she already knows the part
and her and Sean work very well together. :slyfox

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 07:48:54 AM »
'Enemy of Man', a movie starring Sean Bean and Jason Flemyng, is shooting in the UK in January. More info at www.UkProductionNews.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/UK-Production-News/198221180193907

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2013, 02:23:03 PM »
I'll be in London in January ......

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2013, 03:33:59 PM »
Too bad they'll be filming way up north.

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2013, 04:43:00 AM »
I can't access that website at all.  Does it say where exactly what part of the North they are filming in ?

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2013, 10:52:13 AM »
A subscription site . . . bummer.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2013, 01:13:48 PM »
Glamis? Dunsinane? Birnam Wood? ...........  :backout