News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Sean Bean is a big softy"  (Read 2784 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
"Sean Bean is a big softy"
« on: May 08, 2014, 07:17:43 AM »
Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams says on-screen dad Sean Bean is a big softy
As Arya, Maisie has worked closely with her on-screen father Sean Bean, who played Ned Stark in the show’s first season.

She said the veteran actor, who lives in Belsize Park, is “a gentle and chilled out guy”.

“He was just so lovely,” said Maisie, who lives in Bath with her mum and three older siblings.

“Being a more experienced actor, he’s allowed to go home and someone else would read the lines with me but he always stayed late.

“He’s a really gentle and chilled out guy, which is nice on set because if you get someone who’s too crazy then it disrupts the atmosphere.”

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/game_of_thrones_star_maisie_williams_says_on_screen_dad_sean_bean_is_a_big_softy_1_3590101

Offline Cora

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
Re: "Sean Bean is a big softy"
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 09:53:53 PM »
I thought the on screen rapport between Ned and Arya was always very beautiful to watch.

Offline ConnieD

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
  • Another American who thinks Sean is very sexy!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 10:41:59 AM »
I think Sean is pulling from  his experiences from his own girls.  I know he has three daughters.  What do they do?  Did anyone catch the 'acting bug'

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 02:10:32 PM »
Molly caught the bug but failed to get accepted into RADA, but supposedly she's still trying. She's getting married some time this year, so who knows what she'll do after that.

Lorna is teaching. She was in Australia last we heard. Before going into teaching she was involved in music.

Evie is still a school girl, so who knows what she wants to do.

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 03:50:06 AM »
“Being a more experienced actor, he’s allowed to go home and someone else would read the lines with me but he always stayed late."

What does she mean? That someone else could read the lines with her, but he stayed and did it? Rehearsing?

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 04:26:02 AM »
“Being a more experienced actor, he’s allowed to go home and someone else would read the lines with me but he always stayed late."

What does she mean? That someone else could read the lines with her, but he stayed and did it? Rehearsing?

When Maisie was shooting a scene,say a conversation with Ned,and she was on camera,Sean didn't need to be there.Someone else could read Ned lines.It helps and make the acting much more authentic to have the actual actor there.
I remember from an interview with Famke Janssen.Sean did the same on 'Don't Say a Word'.He was actually on the Phone in that scene he was treatening her.

I hope I'm making some sense.

Don't say a word
From 40.45 min  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9qbnFLOTYw

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 04:42:02 AM by patch »

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 04:34:07 AM »
Yes, Patch, you make sense.  Thanks.

What doesn't make sense to me is why they/convention would not have the actual actor there all the time when there is dialog ... but I know nothing about how films are made.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 10:18:16 PM »
Unfortunately, most famous actors think they're too important to waste their time by helping other actors
learn their lines !! It's called EGO !! Sean however has always helped other actors to develop their talent.
Even if it means working late and on his own time. He's a team player and he's smart enough to know that
if the other actor looks or sounds like an amateur it makes the whole cast look BAD !! You can watch Sean
rehearse lines in the making of SHARPE'S CHALLENGE.

:slyfox

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 01:36:29 AM »
Oh, good. I ordered and am waiting for The Sharpe Box Set: Sharpe's Challenge & Sharpe's Peril [DVD] [2006]. Will it be in that?

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 06:15:09 PM »
Yes !! Just look for the making of SHARPE'S CHALLENGE it should be there. It's a funny scene with him helping
the actor (that plays the villain) say "Sharpe I'm going to kill you !!"

:slyfox