News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Don’t kill Sean Bean!  (Read 11919 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Don’t kill Sean Bean!
« on: July 27, 2014, 12:28:34 AM »
Don’t kill Sean Bean! Beheaded, buried alive, torn to bits by horses... now fans launch drive to save their hero from yet another sticky end after being killed more than 20 times on screen

He has appeared in some of the biggest films and TV shows to come out of Hollywood... but he rarely makes it to the end.

Sean Bean has died more than 20 times on screen – in every gruesome manner from decapitation to death by rampaging cows – and now a campaign has been launched to keep the actor alive in his next role.

The plea #DontKillSeanBean was launched on social media last week by producers of his latest TV series Legends, after tongue-in-cheek lobbying by fans.

And the campaign has gone viral, even attracting support from celebrities such as Kiefer Sutherland, who has been pictured in a supportive T-shirt.

But now it’s his fate in Legends that is the subject of concern. The Yorkshireman filmed the 10-episode series in LA earlier this year, earning a reported £2.1million for playing a gruff FBI agent who is able to adopt a new identity – or legend – in each episode.

A source at cable channel TNT, which will broadcast the series in the States, refused to say if Bean’s character dies in the final episode, joking: ‘I guess the outcome for the character will depend on the ratings. He’s safe for a bit.’

Tricia Melton, a marketing executive at the broadcaster, said: ‘When we started working with Sean we realised early on that the type and manner of his deaths in his previous work was something his fan base is fixated on. We decided to listen to the fans and incorporate their passion into the campaign. But never in our wildest dreams did we think it would take off like it has.

‘Sean laughed out loud when we first talked to him about it and is 100 per cent behind not getting killed in Legends. He’s got a great sense of humour and is enjoying the fun the fans are having.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2707008/Don-t-kill-Sean-Bean-Beheaded-buried-alive-torn-bits-horses-fans-launch-drive-save-hero-sticky-end-killed-20-times-screen.html

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
Re: Don’t kill Sean Bean!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 09:29:40 PM »
I was out of town all this week. So much to catch up too !!!! Thank you Patch for keeping me up to date with all
the NEWS !!!! Don't kill Sean Bean has gone VIRAL !!!! I LOVE IT !!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 09:53:00 AM »
Save Our Sean campaign grows

Fans from across the world are demanding Sean Bean doesn’t die in his next TV series. The Handsworth lad (and Blades fan) has been killed more than 20 times on screen - normally in the sort of gruesome way that makes one wonder if the director is a Wednesday fan.

Among his more spectacular offings have been being blown up (Patriot Games); getting crushed (GoldenEye); being burned alive (Don’t Say A Word); chased off a cliff by cows (The Field); and finding himself tied to horses before they stampede in different directions (Black Death).

Some also say he died on screen during When Saturday Comes - but that’s a matter of critical opinion.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/what-s-on/save-our-sean-campaign-grows-1-6753604

Sean Bean joins 'Don't kill Sean Bean' campaign

http://movies.uk.msn.com/features/sean-bean-joins-dont-kill-sean-bean-campaign

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:39:03 PM by patch »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 12:00:13 AM »
Don't Kill Sean Bean! Social Media Campaign Goes Viral To Prevent Actor Dying In New Show

Sean on set of new TV show Legends

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/155148/Dont-Kill-Sean-Bean-Social-Media-Campaign-Goes-Viral-To-Prevent-Actor-Dying-In-New-Show

Everyone jumped on the #DontKillSeanBean bandwagon this past weekend at San Diego Comic-Con!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.472661062877911.1073741832.200347393442614&type=1

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:43:08 AM by patch »

Offline lulu

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 06:52:13 AM »
Don't kill Sean Bean we want him alive!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 12:15:19 AM »
Sean Bean stays alive - for once - in TNT's 'Legends'

Actor Sean Bean has been killed in every conceivable way onscreen.

He has been shot at least 10 times, stabbed, beheaded , frozen, downed by arrows, crushed, drowned and buried alive. He was even run off a cliff by stampeding cows. Obviously, Bean knows how to suffer for his art.

Recently, he spent two hours hanging in chains for his new undercover operative-centered TNT series Legends. "They were trying to kick a confession out of me," Bean, 55, says.

And although it's make believe, he has gotten roughed up at work a time or two. "I've been hurt a few times over the years. Accidents come from things you don't expect. A horse landed on my head once; that wasn't very nice. I've had a few cuts and bruises. I guess if you're sword fighting and horse-riding, you're going to see a few knocks. As a hero, though, you're always hitting someone else. I hope I've given up dying for a while."

Despite dealing with such violence for work, he has learned to leave it behind. "My days are filled with bad dreams, so my nights are peaceful."

But, he can't deal with blood.

"I don't really like looking at it. We've all seen things that aren't nice, like car accidents. For acting, it's a matter of subliminally conjuring those images and reacting accordingly. I think it's important to see the kind of damage people can do to each other. This is not comic book violence. When you shoot someone, you realize the full gravity of that. It's somebody's life."

If Legends continues for a second season, Bean would like to go undercover as a pianist. "I used to play when I was younger. I'd take lessons again. I love listening to music, classical music especially. Bach is one of my favorites, and I like Vivaldi and Handel. I listen to a lot of rap. I like Arctic Monkeys; they're from Sheffield (his hometown in England). David Bowie. I also like soul – Tamla, Motown and oldies. The 70's was a great time for music."

http://www.usatoday.com/experience/weekend/entertainment/sean-bean-stays-alive-for-once-in-tnts-legends/14065583/

#DontKillSeanBean: 'Legends' Star a Master of On-Screen Demise
''Game of Thrones'' and ''Lord of the Rings'' actor talks about five memorable ends for characters he's played

In the 2010 film Black Death, Bean's character is tied to horses that run off in different directions, tearing him apart from limb to limb. A gruesome death—but not one that required buckets of theatrical blood (much to Bean's relief). ''Sometimes it's sickly sweet, sticky. Especially you're in the middle of a desert, you're doing a fight scene, you're covered in this sticky red stuff,'' he says. ''I mean, acting's like that. It looks quite good. It glistens, and it's red, Viking red, and gooey. What can I say?''

Bean has appeared in some of pop culture's most beloved franchises, including bloody fantasy drama Game of Thrones. And as the iconic line says, ''When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die.'' Unfortunately for Bean's Ned Stark, winning was never a real option, making for the actor's most traumatic death to date. ''I got my head chopped off!'' laughs Bean. Making it worse, he adds, was that the cast and crew took the multiple casts of his head used for the infamous beheading scene and began ''taking pictures, and laughing, and messing around with it and throwing it around. And so that was a bit creepy.''

As Tadgh McCabe in 1990's The Field, Bean meets his end when he's chased off a cliff by a herd of cows and sheep. But that wasn't the worst—or weirdest—part about that scene. Cut to a lifeless Bean, floating in the water, surrounding by actual dead sheep. '' They were floating around me in the water towards the end of the film, and then we had to reshoot something about four weeks later, in the same place, and there were still these remnants of these sheep. That was pretty horrific,'' recalls Bean. ''I mean, they tried everything to clean it out but there were things popping up here and there.''

Fans around the world mourned when noble Boromir was shot to death with arrows by orcs in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001). But Bean didn't mind being killed off (sort of). ''I thought that was very artistic, very tastefully done, very beautifully done. A lot of pathos, and I thought that was a very poignant, moving way to go.''

Bean first met his maker in 1986's Caravaggio as a 28-year-old. Now, decades later, he's determined not to return to the art form that has cemented the course of his career. ''I think I started out not dying,'' he says chuckling. ''And then I went through a period, quite a long period, about 20 years, where I died all the time. And now I'm starting to survive again, where I've come full circle.''
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20839692,00.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#30194303