News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: David Bowie's Audition For 'Lord Of The Rings'  (Read 750 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
David Bowie's Audition For 'Lord Of The Rings'
« on: January 27, 2016, 10:58:04 AM »
Dominic Monaghan Recalls David Bowie's Audition For 'Lord Of The Rings' ´

"I was at the Hubbard's, which is a pretty notorious casting agency office in London, doing an audition for 'Lord of the Rings,' and when it ended I went over and talked to John Hubbard, who was running the audition, and he said, 'Hey, it went really well. You should wait around for 5 or 10 mins. We'll give you some feedback," He continued, "I thought, 'Oh, OK, cool, and I sat in the reception office. As I was reading a magazine waiting, David Bowie came in and signed his little list and went in. And I'm assuming he read for Gandalf. I can't think of anything else he would've read for. He may have read for something else, but I'm a huge David Bowie fan, and I was lucky enough to know his son now so just seeing him in person was pretty special to me."

Whoa. Various rumors and reports online say Bowie may have actually been after the role of Elrond, not Gandalf, but either way would've been crazy.

That would have made Sean very happy.

You've already done "Wild Things" with Billy Boyd. Any other "Lord of the Rings" reunions coming up?

I've been chatting to Elijah [Wood] and Viggo [Mortensen] recently about whether they'd come with me for an episode for Season 4. I'm still very close with all those guys, Orlando [Bloom] and Sean Bean. Elijah and Viggo jump out for me a little more just because I've had more history with those guys, and they seem more inclined to get their hands dirty. [...] So that’s something that could very easily happen in the future.

Sean wouldn't mind getting his hands dirty!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dominic-monaghan-lost_us_56a8bdeae4b0f6b7d54448e7?ir=TV&section=us_tv&utm_hp_ref=tv

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 11:07:04 AM by patch »