News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just a note  (Read 185017 times)

Mike

Myowyn

Re: Just a note
« Reply #341 on: August 02, 2008, 11:16:27 AM »
thanks for the article, Mike can I also add it on my forum?

Quote from: From the article
Over all, however, most have a hard time judging this prematurely since not a lot is known about it.

I do agree, a lot of stuff are said but never shown yet. We would like to know some more, but all is kept like a secret!

Mike

« Reply #342 on: August 02, 2008, 11:21:19 AM »
You don't have to ask if ou can use them these articles are public stuff so you ca use it anytime.

I do agree, a lot of stuff are said but never shown yet. We would like to know some more, but all is kept like a secret!

I hope it didn't come to nothing. Sean needs good movies or TV productions

Myowyn

« Reply #343 on: August 02, 2008, 11:25:35 AM »
Quote from: Mike
I hope it didn't come to nothing. Sean needs good movies or TV productions

:agreed:  By the way what about a woman of no importance ?

Thanks mike

Mike

« Reply #344 on: August 02, 2008, 11:44:02 AM »
I don't know, sometimes he is mention sometimes not. Nobody knows.

Myowyn

« Reply #345 on: August 02, 2008, 11:47:22 AM »
I haven't heard something about it for ages! I really wonder what it has become!

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #346 on: August 04, 2008, 01:38:47 PM »
Ladies, I broke off this topic where it veered off into discussion about smoking and fags and moved it down to the Kitchen (new title "Smoke Rings") as I didn't think that ANY discussion about drugs, legal or illegal, is appropriate for the the general public forums.  No, I'm not being a prude, just being a "responsible" webmiss.   :sorry:

Mike

« Reply #347 on: August 05, 2008, 02:58:47 AM »
Sorry ran into this topic too. I just wanted to tell about this article.

Mike

« Reply #348 on: August 09, 2008, 03:30:17 AM »
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/features/Star-of-the-silver-screen.4370648.jp

Soon I was rubbing shoulders with actors, directors, producers, writers, cinematographers and extras on an array of films shot within Broad Acres.There were early encounters with Ewan McGregor, David Tennant and Sean Bean and brushes with talents such as Maggie Smith and Michael Caine. Photographs were taken in their scores but only a handful saw the light of day.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #349 on: August 09, 2008, 08:47:11 AM »
That was an interesting article.  I didn't realize that Yorkshire had such a rich film history.

Mike

« Reply #350 on: August 10, 2008, 09:07:56 AM »
Among other celebrity birders credited with changing the hobby's image are actresses Daryl Hannah and Joanna Lumley, actor Sean Bean, and singers Mick Jagger and Jarvis Cocker.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/08/10/eabird110.xml

Sean, birdwatching, why do I have problems to believe this. I do feel like knowing his understanding about birtwatching.

Offline exbill

• Bad Boys Club
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #351 on: August 10, 2008, 09:52:29 AM »
Among other celebrity birders credited with changing the hobby's image are actresses Daryl Hannah and Joanna Lumley, actor Sean Bean, and singers Mick Jagger and Jarvis Cocker.

Sean, birdwatching, why do I have problems to believe this. I do feel like knowing his understanding about birtwatching.

Could be getting background for when he becomes a swan obsessed architect....?

tinytim

« Reply #352 on: August 10, 2008, 02:42:18 PM »

Could be getting background for when he becomes a swan obsessed architect....?

:rotfl1:  :rotfl1:

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #353 on: August 10, 2008, 02:58:17 PM »
 :rotfl1:  what cynics we are!

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #354 on: August 10, 2008, 04:40:59 PM »
Isn't bird a British slang for girl/woman?  Maybe Sean got confused when he heard there would be bird watching going on.

Offline exbill

• Bad Boys Club
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #355 on: August 10, 2008, 05:58:20 PM »
That could be the answer MF

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #356 on: August 10, 2008, 06:44:10 PM »
I think he has quite a history of bird (the feathered kind) watching; he talks about it in interviews.  Goes with the gardening, I guess.

Birds (the feathered kind) are amazing - I'm not surprised he enjoys them.

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #357 on: August 10, 2008, 06:50:48 PM »
We had the privelige while on holiday to see a couple of bald eagles wild and it was quite amazing..... (we actually got a whole load of wildlife in it's natural habitat-quite stunning)

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #358 on: August 10, 2008, 08:57:29 PM »
I love gardening and bird watching too, so I guess they do go hand in hand.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #359 on: August 10, 2008, 11:46:57 PM »
You too, MF?  I love birds and gardening (herbs especially, veg next, flowers and shrubs after that but not as much).  Living in the desert bites, because nothing grows worth a damn here and the birds are relatively few in type.  Pigeons, doves, grackles, wrens, warblers, hummingbirds, roadrunners (had a couple of HUGE roadrunners in our back yard last year - that was pretty cool), very rarely quail.

I like the grackles - I think I may be the only person in Las Vegas who does; most people hate them worse than pigeons, but I think they're a hoot to watch.  During mating season, all the males wander around doing their mating "dance" -

they puff up their throats with air and stick their beaks straight up into the air.  Then they walk around, making this weird honking noise and ruffling their wings.  Of course they can't see where they're going, so they run into each other and trees, bushes, etc.

The females stand off to the side and watch.  I swear you can see them thinking "that's IT?  Those are my choices??  I'm surprised our species has lasted this long . . ."

Still, I think they're pretty clever.  A number of years ago I watched one trying to get a drink out of a very shallow puddle on the sidewalk.  They have very long, pointy beaks and the water wasn't more than a 1/2 inch deep at most.  After one try, the grackle stood back and looked at the puddle . . . then he stepped into the water, leaned over, and lay his head down sideways into the puddle.  His beak was almost submerged - he just opened it up and lapped the water with his tongue.

Totally cool.

Love birds.

Here's a Great-tailed Grackle - the kind we have here: