News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cash review  (Read 23497 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: Cash review
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2010, 01:14:21 AM »

Ca$h,” despite its delightful No Limit Records title and the presence of a between-haircuts Sean Bean, is one spectacularly clumsy picture

http://www.brianorndorf.com/2010/03/film-review-cah.html

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2010, 07:59:23 AM »
A "between haircuts Sean Bean" is something that we are all familiar with.

That reviewer certainly disliked the movie.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2010, 11:34:23 AM »
Yup, he sure did. 

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2010, 09:39:11 PM »
It only takes a few minutes to realize "Ca$h" is nothing but a badly written, sloppily directed and poorly acted movie

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/03/26/1874250/cah-deserves-no-credit.html
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 01:59:43 AM by patch »

seanya_ro

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2010, 12:22:49 AM »
grrr... somany bad opinions on cash... i hardly know what to believe about it. comments i saw from romanian moviefans are telling the same story: bad story, bad acting, and bad sean. i mut find it and see it with my own eyes, eventough i can hardly believe sean is doind a bad work in it.
patch, after watching your posts about cash, i an sure it is a nice movie and sean is the best in it, so guys don't get me wrong

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2010, 08:18:47 AM »
It only takes a few minutes to realize "Ca$h" is nothing but a badly written, sloppily directed and poorly acted movie

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/03/26/1874250/cah-deserves-no-credit.html

Seanya-ro,nothing or no one can change my opinion about the movie or Sean Bean.    :likeit:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 08:26:23 AM by patch »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2010, 08:38:40 AM »
  But no one seems to agree with me that Ca$h, a psychological thriller about a couple facing foreclosure on their Chicago home, starring Sean Bean, could be a surprise hit.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010/mar/27/alternative-investments-film-industry

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2010, 09:39:58 AM »
I think what we're seeing, pretty consistently, is the difference between people who grasp the premise behind the film - the Milgram Experiments - and those who haven't a clue.

If you understand the premise, you'll understand why the characters behave the way they do.  If you don't, you'll be left floundering, wondering why the young couple are behaving in such a seemingly illogical fashion.

That's a drawback to the film - an unfortunately large gap in the subtext.  I have to agree with the reviewer about the performance of the two young actors.  Hemsworth was one-note and Profeta is simply dire.  He might improve with practice . . . I don't think anything will help her!

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2010, 11:13:27 AM »
I totally agree.

shalgerson

« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2010, 12:18:42 PM »
 :yippee: Got my copy of Ca$h dvd yesterday and have already watched it twice  :likeit: :likeit:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »
Only twice? oh well,early days.

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2010, 12:34:29 PM »
and, what do you think about the movie?

shalgerson

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2010, 12:54:52 PM »
I enjoyed it, especially SB's portrayal -- again, he does a lot with the little he is given.  The plot is a little weak in spots and, overall, the film does have a bit of an identity crisis -- is it a comedy, is it a thriller???  The only thing that was a slight "problem" for me was Reeve Kubic's tattoo and a seriously between-haircuts Pyke --  didn't like either "look" on SB particularly, though each style suited the character.  I really don't want to include any spoilers here.

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2010, 08:14:36 AM »
thanks for your opinion

seanya_ro

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2010, 08:54:38 AM »
:yippee: Got my copy of Ca$h dvd yesterday and have already watched it twice  :likeit: :likeit:

i am still seraching. it seems that we will not have the dvd in Romania, at least for now. we'll have to wait. who knows? maybe i get lucky somehow and i will not remain the onlyone here watching only the youtube videos.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2010, 11:26:31 PM »
Bean easily captivates the audience and brings his virile persona to the forefront. He should star in more movies like this. 

http://www.filmsinreview.com/2010/03/29/cah/

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2010, 12:49:23 PM »

shalgerson

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2010, 11:21:38 PM »
User Reviews at Yahoo.Movies:

Overall Grade: A-
Story: A
Acting: B+
Direction: A
Visuals: B+

Thoroughly enjoyed it!
by ohmrdarcy (movies profile) Mar 29, 2010

I went to this film the other day with no real hopes of enjoying it, thought it would be bad as I hadn't heard anything about it but actually really enjoyed it. Ok so I am a Sean Bean fan but that said I have seen some of his films and not liked them whereas this one was good fun, its a nice thriller but like nothing I had seen before really as it wasn't your typical bad guy chasing after the couple who somehow got hold of the suitcase of cash its different in that the guy moves in with them, controls their lives but somehow while keeping the tension up it manages to be quite funny as well, there were some fab comedy moments which I hadn't expected from this type of film and both myself and my dad who I watched it with thoroughly enjoyed it.

Overall Grade: B+
Story: A-
Acting: B
Direction: B+
Visuals: A-

fun thriller with humor
by Reggie (movies profile) Mar 29, 2010

I just saw the movie Cash. It is a fun thriller and much different from the gunfights, car chases, murders, etc. It is about the a young couple who finds a briefcase full of dollar bills. They go ahead and spend some money till the thief finds them. The rest is best to be seen on the screen.
Notorious villain Sean Bean (Percy Jackson & the Olympians, James Bond’s classic GoldenEye, Lord of the Rings) and 2011’s hottest actor Chris Hemsworth (Marvel’s upcoming Thor, Star Trek). In these hard economic times, find out what Sean and Chris are willing to do for CA$H.
Sean been is great and carries the movie. The subtle comedy is classy. even if you don't like thrillers, you will love this one.

Overall Grade: B
Story: B
Acting: B+
Direction: B
Visuals: B

Solid B grade for a great B movie
by Bob (movies profile) Mar 28, 2010

Sean Bean is an underrated actor in Hollywood. I first remember as the villain in Patriot Games and then as the villain Trevellian/ 006 in Goldeneye. We have all seen the classic plot of greedy people taking drug money that wasn't originally theirs and thinking they can keep it with out anyone konwing. No country for old men is probably the best film like that ever. Then the criminals who originally had the money come after them for their stolen money. Then the ordinary good people who took the money in the first place wish they never took it. This film takes that kind of plot but add some clever twists to it. Its no NO country for old men but a good runner up. I thought it was worth the $10 for seeing it in the theater but rent it if you don't want to pay the $10.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2010, 12:06:51 AM »
Cool!  Like those.  :)  :thumbsup:

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2010, 12:42:54 AM »
I've received a request from Azeeza and Naveen to ask those who have seen the film already to please visit the following sites and voice your honest opinion:

Rotten Tomatoes
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1221226-ca$h/

IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1106860/

Yahoo
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810124578/info

Roadside YouTube Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZE5n_eIqdo