News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sean and his women  (Read 6590 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: Sean and his women
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 08:31:35 AM »
That was very interesting, especially these quotes:

But he’s looking forward to life now that he’s 50. “It gives me a chance to play more mature characters, like fathers and mentors,” he says. “I can move away from the sex-symbol stuff.

"And in my own life things have become more settled. There will be no more divorce and I can aim to keep everyone happy. So I am embracing older age without fear.”

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 09:28:20 AM »
That's about right - rumors of a fight at New Year's; no evidence of the bride for three months; then a public announcement that everything is just peachy on the home-front.  That seems to be the pattern: a gradual build-up to a fight; a fight and temporary break-up; reconciliation and public pronouncements of same.  Rinse and repeat.

Not appealing to me, but some people love that level of drama.  I guess it keeps the 'passion' alive.

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 10:21:43 AM »
Yes it's interesting what different people's defintions of 'settled' are!

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 10:33:15 AM »
I seem to remember several high-profile marriages that had one or the other of the couple make similar statements to the press only to hear of separation and divorce 6 months later.  For someone who has never talked about his divorces, I find it odd that he would bring up the subject at this point in his 4th marriage.   :eeyore:

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 11:26:58 AM »
Well, you know what Lao Tzu said . . .

"Those who know do not speak, those who speak, do not know".

Of course, it could be that he's channeling the Bhagavad-Gita instead . . .

"You are what you believe in. You become that which you believe you can become". 

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 11:37:06 AM »
There will be no more divorce and I can aim to keep everyone happy.

Well, isn't that precious?  He's going to keep everyone happy.  I wonder if it includes himself?  I know that if I was miserable that I would take steps to rectify it whether or not everyone else in my life stayed happy.  Image be damned.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 11:49:12 AM »
At least it is a fairly positive article.There have been worse articles the last couple of years.
And I think he is capable enough to look after himself.

shalgerson

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 12:53:21 PM »
We'll just have to wait and see.  I agree with Sable - we've all heard these kind of protestations from one or the other spouse in a high-profile marriage not long before a divorce.  And SB has always shied away from talking about his marriages/divorces in the past .........  :hum: I wonder what's going on behind the scenes????

Well, at least, this is semi-positive press coverage.

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 10:22:50 AM »
 :bride: glamorous actress?, tomorrow, when I'll go to the hospital, don't worry, I work there as a secretary, I'll go to see the Ophthalmologist, I must go next september, as every year I go, but I think I'll go tomorrow

Mike

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 10:36:53 AM »
How old is this interview?

I never thought about getting divorced too and after a month I made an appointment with a solicitor. Sean is talking pretty big and I won't be surprised if we hear something different in the near future.

:kotzreiz: sorry

Mike

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 11:09:08 AM »
In school we say written off, sit down 6

http://blog.taragana.com/e/2010/03/02/bean-vows-to-spend-more-time-on-family-life-95674/

A likely story!  :pigsfly Great that everybody jumps on this story. Oh something about his privat life. He never talked about his private life and now he does?

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 11:19:23 AM »
Well, looks like they rehashed a lot of things and mixed them all together.

Oh, and of course that's why he has been home such a lot lately and not been working at all .......

shalgerson

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 11:46:36 AM »
 :agreed: Good point, BJ; plus  :bride:'s notable absence from such things as the Sheffield plaque unveiling, plus the window-breaking incident, ...........  Actions always speak volumes louder than words.  Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much.

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 11:48:35 AM »
I actually don't think it was a real recent interview. It all sounds very familiar and two years old.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 11:55:04 AM »
Given that it is mentioned that he's on a location for Cleanskin, I would bet that the reporter had about 2 minutes time with him, asked some questions like How's married life or something about the recent anniversary and got some off the cuff statements which the reporter then cobbled together with some old articles and voila!

shalgerson

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 04:48:44 PM »
 :agreed: , Sable & BJ.  Some of this does have a more than familiar sound.  Well, as I said before, at least it is positive press for a change.  As a truthful representation of the situation....... :hum:

Mike

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 02:58:39 AM »
Mix old information and add something new. It always works like this even in science. Even if you post old things it shows up your name. We do it too.

But it's always good to have a good pressespecially after what happened.

tinytim

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 04:26:33 AM »
As far as I remember it's not the first time, that stuff like this appears at about the time some of his films are released. In my eyes it's just a sort of PR. (Maybe induced by his PA?*gg*).

The same old drivel in Germany:

http://www.prosieben.de/stars-lifestyle/news/sean-bean-will-mehr-zeit-mit-familie-verbringen-1.1449255/

Mike

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 07:50:12 AM »
As far as I remember it's not the first time, that stuff like this appears at about the time some of his films are released. In my eyes it's just a sort of PR. (Maybe induced by his PA?*gg*).

The same old drivel in Germany:

http://www.prosieben.de/stars-lifestyle/news/sean-bean-will-mehr-zeit-mit-familie-verbringen-1.1449255/

Yep, new movie, new new.

BTW his wives didn't divorce him cos he worked too much. Other things were to the fore.  :elf